QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Probably Laeroc
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You spit in your hands and firmly grip your axe. With a great swing of the axe, you whack into the trunk of a birch sapling.
    7630h, 6685m, 6808e, 10p, 23580en, 22115w mBelrk<>-
    Feyr has left the area.
    The pounding of hooves against the ground echoes as Feyr enters from the southeast, flanked by a pair of ethereal stags.
    Feyr has entered the area.
    A Knight of the Lady exclaims, "Our hearts are with Faethorn and Maeve always!"
    Ilistala eyes Feyr warily, settling into a predatory crouch.
    Feyr begins to follow you.
    You spit in your hands and firmly grip your axe. With a great swing of the axe, you whack into the trunk of a birch sapling.
    A birch sapling sways back and forth, then crashes to the ground.
    7630h, 6685m, 6808e, 10p, 23570en, 22115w mBelrk<>-l

A delightful raised terrace.
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. There is a light drizzle of rain. A cascading waterfall of silver leaves shiver in a perpetual downfall from the Queen's Tree. The most majestic of trees in the vicinity, the entire thing can be seen in nearly every direction from horizon to horizon. Blossoming flowers spring up underneath its proud, comforting shadow in a veritable explosion of colours and scents. Birds flit from limb to limb while pouring forth their very souls in song sung in praise of her glory. Natural steps lead up the trunk of the tree although they seem to be purely extensions of branches and the roots. The entire terraced glade glows with a verdant energy whose vitality fairly sings through the winds themselves. The silvery leaves of a faebush gently billow in the wind. A silver rose bush grows here, filling the air with a marvelous fragrance. Letting her hair fall freely, a royal knight of Faethorn stands here, lacking the customary helmet. A leopard lurks in the shadows, curiously watching anything that moves. Heir Feyr, Guardian of the Maiden is encircled by two ethereal stags performing the sacred ringwalk around him. He wields a mystic cudgel in his left hand and a stag and moon tower shield in his right.
    You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.
    7630h, 6685m, 6808e, 10p, 23570en, 22115w mBelrk<>-
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    7630h, 6685m, 6808e, 10p, 23610en, 22115w mBelrxk<>-
    You modify your stratagem.
    You execute your stratagem.
    You carefully light a shadowy Censer of the Merciless Crow, sending its intoxicating incense swirling through the air as it sways from side to side. The pungent scent tickles your senses, filling you with the forlorn and somber foreboding of the wyrden woods.
    You press your lips together and make a buzzing sound. Then you open your mouth and vomit forth a stream of bright swarming locusts that greedily infest the surrounding land and gorge themselves until they bloat.
    7630h, 6635m, 6808e, 9p, 23605en, 22105w mBlrxk<>-
    *various other people attacking Feyr while I am waiting for EQ back*
    Feyr reaches up and grabs a sturdy branch, then pulls himself up and disappears into the treetops.
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    7630h, 6635m, 6808e, 9p, 23630en, 22115w mBelrxk<>-point 78097 at feyr

You point a delicate silver spider web brooch at the ground, and sparks fly out of it. The earth suddenly splits open, and a mighty geyser soars skywards.
    The geyser strikes Feyr full-on, but does not knock him loose.
    7630h, 6635m, 6808e, 9p, 23630en, 22115w mBlrxk<>-
    Lerad's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Lerad crouches low to the ground and stares at the sky, suddenly leaping up above as he grabs Feyr flying overhead, flinging him towards the ground.
    Feyr falls from the trees, landing with a scream as both his legs snap.
    *various other attacks from others while recovering equilibrium*
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    7630h, 6635m, 6808e, 9p, 23630en, 22115w mBelrxk<>-
    You raze Feyr's aura of rebounding with a ravenous crow-beaked bardiche.
    7630h, 6635m, 6808e, 9p, 23620en, 22115w mBexk<>-
    Feyr has writhed free of his entanglement.
    7630h, 6635m, 6808e, 10p, 23620en, 22115w mBelrxk<>-
    Feyr holds the Flame of dae'Seren aloft and an emerald light shines forth, revealing a hazy hallway of ancient trees. As Feyr walks through the hallway, the trees close around him and disappear.
    Feyr has left the area.
    7630h, 6635m, 6808e, 10p, 23630en, 22115w mBelrxk<>-
    Feyr tells you, "Careful."
    Feyr tells you, "Wait, why is this marking you as ebonguard?"
    Feyr tells you, "Weird."

No... this conversation is weird.  I'm not sure why I'm being warned to be careful of other Glomdoring-folk around me.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos is an undercover Seren.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:

Xenthos is an undercover Seren.

shhh! you weren't to figure it out!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    The real takeaway is that he left you to die.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited April 2015
    You ask, "Didja fall asleep?"
    104%h|97%m|100%e|10p|72%en|51%w

Rani looks up from the notebook she was previously reading.
    104%h|100%m|100%e|10p|72%en|51%w

Rani stands up and stretches her arms out wide.
    104%h|98%m|100%e|10p|72%en|51%w

Chaote Rani says, "Oh, nope. Just reading."
    Rani blinks.

Chaote Rani says, "Oh my Gods."

Chaote Rani says, "KITTENS."

Chaote Rani says, "Oh, and a fox too."

Finger extended, Rani pokes a curious young kitten.
    A curious young kitten pounces at Rani's feet, his tiny claws scratching playfully at her.
    104%h|98%m|100%e|10p|73%en|51%w

Rani pets a curious young kitten ingratiatingly.
    A curious young kitten rubs up against Rani, purring like a cat.

AT LEAST SOMEONE LIKES POTEEN PETS
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • The reason I don't like poteen pets is because they're too adorable and I feel bad that they spring forth into existence only to be neglected or killed
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lavinya doesn't do cute [-(

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    (The Bureau of Library Affairs): Zitto says, "Really, my ideal role in foreign policy is to stand around in the Glomdoring, winking at shadowskanks."

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Portius said:

(The Bureau of Library Affairs): Zitto says, "Really, my ideal role in foreign policy is to stand around in the Glomdoring, winking at shadowskanks."

:-O

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Portius said:

Someone likes to get pixie'd.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My foreign policy is being the Godmother and extorting people. collecting favours.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tarkenton said:

Careful, I might wink back.

You promise, Tarky?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Come see. Just be ready for what you unleash. :D
  • Siam said:

Portius said:

Someone likes to get pixie'd.

We shadowskanks know how to get y'alls attention. Just beware the banshee.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    But I like a screamer :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shota, Wyrden Sting (Male Aslaran).
    He is 18 years old, having been born on the 8th of Juliary, 391 years after the Coming of Estarra.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Both cute and creepy.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I feel like I'm just not getting something about Ela's post. Someone care to explain, or message me?
    Shota is apparently some sort of code word for men and young men to be in sexual relationships.

I had to Google it, I was actually about to remark that he didn't resemble a Witch Woman. #swordoftruth
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Shota is apparently some sort of code word for men and young men to be in sexual relationships.

I had to Google it, I was actually about to remark that he didn't resemble a Witch Woman. #swordoftruth

I guess one just has to be in the ``know''.  If ``shota'' is the future, then the missus and I will just keep it to the catamite we keep chained up in the basement.
    </RANT>
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Why do you use a mix of double graves and double apostrophes instead of quotation marks? It's twice as many keypresses, covering a much wider range on the keyboard - and it looks weird.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Meet Delphas. He does a lot of weird shit.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited April 2015
    Shaddus said:

Actually, "Shota" is used in japanese to refer to a young man, or boy. It's the gender opposite of what they call "Loli", which is a loanword from the english "lolita" which the japanese use to refer to a young woman, or girl.

Technically, there aren't sexual connotations within the word/definition itself, but the cultural context they are most commonly used in do imply such.

Edit: Of course, I'm not sure if this is what prompted Elanorwen's quoting of the newbie's name, or if the newbie named his character with this in mind. But if there's anything weird or quoteworthy about the name, it would be that, I think.

• I sure hope the newb knows what his name might imply. Because by now the rest of the game certainly knows. :P
    See, I was happy to equate him with a witch woman who skinned wizards and used the skin to upholster her throne. But now we're into some deep messed-up stuff.
  • Syrennia said:

This guy is great.

(Magnagora): Rawth (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "How might I assist any of you exceptional people this fine day? A song, a dashing round of acrobatical entertainment?"
    (Magnagora): Nilofer (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Punch Meleris in the face."
    (Magnagora): Rawth (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Who is Meleris my dear Commandant?"
    (Magnagora): Nilofer (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "The Keeper of the Pool of Stars."
    (Magnagora): Rawth (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "If that is your wish I am happy to oblige, I shall move towards Celest forthwith!"

.. Few moments later ..
    Rawth has been easily bested by a Kusala of the Tahtetso.

And did he get favoured for his stalwart effort to punch Meleris in the face (which by the reaction of the guards probably succeeded)? :D
  • Lerad said:

Shaddus said:

Actually, "Shota" is used in japanese to refer to a young man, or boy. It's the gender opposite of what they call "Loli", which is a loanword from the english "lolita" which the japanese use to refer to a young woman, or girl.

Technically, there aren't sexual connotations within the word/definition itself, but the cultural context they are most commonly used in do imply such.

Edit: Of course, I'm not sure if this is what prompted Elanorwen's quoting of the newbie's name, or if the newbie named his character with this in mind. But if there's anything weird or quoteworthy about the name, it would be that, I think.
    Considering he's also an aslaran, someone will need to see if he's essentially just a nekomimi or is an actual aslaran to find out.