QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Lisaera said:
    Thank goodness you all saved nature. Otherwise, there would have been a few TSK, TSK style conversations. 

/sips tea
    The mental image I get from this is kind of scareepy.

• edited June 2016
    @Xenthos :-w

But Presidio was still saved, somehow. >:)
  • It is amazing how poor Serenwilde got when the prospect of spending their own gold came up.
  • @Xenthos :-w

We debated this a lot actually, especially since Presidio has such cool lore. A couple of things affected the outcome: the fact that Hallifax decided to become Altaria and cloud themselves, that the pro-Presidio raised almost 2 million gold, that no one really thought about the Observatory during the entirety of the event. So, count yourselves lucky. ;)
  • The Basin got scammed.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Hoaracle said:
    @Xenthos :-w

We debated this a lot actually, especially since Presidio has such cool lore. A couple of things affected the outcome: the fact that Hallifax decided to become Altaria and cloud themselves, that the pro-Presidio raised almost 2 million gold, that no one really thought about the Observatory during the entirety of the event. So, count yourselves lucky. ;)
    I had speculated that it was because they had been spending money-- and a fair chunk at that-- on it (once I read the event post and saw that it was saved).  Good on you folk for taking that into account.  :)
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    (Ad-Hoc): Ileein says, "Astronaut ice cream: an arid dessert."

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Observatory is a good thing to give up though. Really, it's kinda morally ambiguous to most orgs except Magnagora.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Plus, who really ever uses that teleporter :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Falmiis said:
    The Basin got scammed.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Hallifax used to care about Arthar'rt. It hasn't really been something I've seen anyone care about anymore. I bash lucidians elsewhere anyway.

Please don't tell Shedrin he will kill me 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited June 2016
    Falmiis said:
    Hallifax used to care about Arthar'rt. It hasn't really been something I've seen anyone care about anymore. I bash lucidians elsewhere anyway.

More like we didn't care, then some people decided we should care just because they're nearby and lucidians, but that doesn't really win the hearts and minds of the populace so people mostly ignore their existence. I mean, if they want the assistance of the Collective, then they ought to join it properly instead of sitting right outside, doing their own thing.  8-| 
  • Shaddus said:
    Plus, who really ever uses that teleporter :/
    >.>
    <.<

*slowly dismantles rift*...
    beep
  • Phoebus said:
    Falmiis said:
    Hallifax used to care about Arthar'rt. It hasn't really been something I've seen anyone care about anymore. I bash lucidians elsewhere anyway.

More like we didn't care, then some people decided we should care just because they're nearby and lucidians, but that doesn't really win the hearts and minds of the populace so people mostly ignore their existence. I mean, if they want the assistance of the Collective, then they ought to join it properly instead of sitting right outside, doing their own thing.  8-| 
    It was kind of easy to forget... At least I don't remember there being much if anything in the way of big flashy event ambients that mentioned the observatory hinting they needed help, like Tosha got. <.<

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I liked the Observatory. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I loved it too. It was the best bashing spot back when I was a level 70+.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Did anybody get a log of the architects' quest script? I honestly don't remember the observatory being an option to save, but then again I was pretty focused on the monastery. -.-
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Wait.. The Observatory is dead?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    To self quote a little, there were giant spiders down there. We did the Basin a favor. Oh, and the crystalline freaks. But mostly the spiders.
  • I hunted those spiders for Tosha. It was the easiest spot I knew to get all the spiders I needed.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Angkreg usually has spiders, I think.
    Daraius said:
    What can I say, Hallifax Daraius loves their dog monks. 

[-X
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Daraius is a dog monk and Hallifax loves him.  :o3
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Luce said:
    Angkreg usually has spiders, I think.

So does Feyranti I think? But villages are always risky because your alliance of the month might not be owning it.
    Daraius said: