Simple Ideas

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    With the pliers, detach runes from X

Removes all runes from an item.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    And gives you the rune#'s in the message where it detaches them.
    I could care less about the numbers. I'll just spam attach rune to Y after :)
    Does not work for me, I have a number of unattached runes sitting around.
  • Xenthos said:
    #firstworldproblems

#xenthosproblems

Lerad said:
    Xenthos said:
    #firstworldproblems

#xenthosproblems
    You are holding:
    "rune49219"                             a Great Rune of Glass Working
    "rune56057"                             a Great Rune of Glass Working
    "rune135210"                            a Great Rune of Glass Working
    "rune165393"                            a Great Rune of the Tobacconist
    "rune169079"                            a Great Rune of Glass Working
    "rune180764"                            a Great Rune of the Tobacconist
    "rune199877"                            a Great Rune of Figurine Restoration

:(
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I don't understand. If you're not going to attach them, then trade them in...
  • That's not how obsessive hoarders operate.
    Get a pack nuub. :p
    Tarkenton said:

Get a pack nuub. :p

I have one of those knock-lock boxes. Even with aliases to open and put stuff in it, it is a little more inconvenient than a pack-- so things that will reset to me anyways if I lose them don't go in it. Little keepsakes and non-resetting stuff that I do not want to lose goes in there!

PS: I have traded in something like 95% of these runes I have received. At this point though, they only get traded in when I run low on bound credits (so that I do not have to use unbound ones). IRE Elite tends to prevent that from happening though.

IRE Elite: Worth the price. Definitely. Go buy it!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Illithoid should be able to ILLDRAIN ALL to illdrain every corpse in their inventory at once, so they don't have to wait for balance after eating each one to build up their buff.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Though I'd imagine that would come with a stacked balance loss.

• Tarkenton said:

Perhaps. I admit I still find it unusual that Illithoid became the 'influence-race', at times I wonder if they should have something else
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Arcanis said:

Tarkenton said:

Perhaps. I admit I still find it unusual that Illithoid became the 'influence-race', at times I wonder if they should have something else
    It's easier to sway an argument if you can read your opponent's thoughts and intentions straight out of their skulls.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited November 2015
    I know this is never going to happen, but I'm going to throw it out there.

I want a way to know when my god has last logged in. Not if they're logged right now, because I probably don't want to stalk them. I just want to know if my god has been gone for a while, or if he's just been working really hard. I don't even care if it's a customisable divine artifact or a power that can be given to certain high order ranks.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Though not foolproof for obvious reasons, checking if they've been on the forums might give you a hint?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Drocilla said:
    Though not foolproof for obvious reasons, checking if they've been on the forums might give you a hint?
    I usually do that, but I don't want to read too much into seeing someone not log into the forums for a while.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Still here. Still wanting mass preservation/fortification of food. Mass infusing too, even if it costs power.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Can the bottle of Clarramore's Finest show up on Potionlist, like the ceramic teapot (and if I recall the beer stein) does?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Maybe this has been brought up before

Can we allow whips to be sheathed and drawn?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Hrm I'd like to be able to customize loyals (eg. bonds, ents) that persist with your character. Eg. if I customized my bond and it died, the next bond I request will take on the customization I set.
  • When classflexing allow one to learn it like someone in the guild they are flexing into.

I don't see why Mesadari magically can't teach me newbie skills and a guild tutor can't teach me the advanced skills.

• Chirbo said:
    When classflexing allow one to learn it like someone in the guild they are flexing into.

I don't see why Mesadari magically can't teach me newbie skills and a guild tutor can't teach me the advanced skills.

On the guild tutor part - ICly, it can be a security risk. Don't want random people walking around your guildhall that are not part of the guild. And the fact that they can't enter the guildhall, there is no reason that the guild tutor should be able to teach flex persons.

• Ayisdra said:
    Chirbo said:
    When classflexing allow one to learn it like someone in the guild they are flexing into.

On the guild tutor part - ICly, it can be a security risk. Don't want random people walking around your guildhall that are not part of the guild. And the fact that they can't enter the guildhall, there is no reason that the guild tutor should be able to teach flex persons.
    They can enter, though. Just have a guild member let them in.

The actual reason is that it was a concession to the "Classflex is bad RP" crowd and is intended to force you to RP your education with another player.
  • Oh yeah

learn 100 skill from gr3 person
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !

^RP
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Would love to have a type of arena match that others can watch. possibly for learning purposes, e. g.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Chirbo said:
    Oh yeah

!
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !

^RP
    I THOUGHT WE HAD A MOMENT
  • Celina said:
    Chirbo said:
    Oh yeah

!
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !

^RP
    I THOUGHT WE HAD A MOMENT
    Oh yeah baby, gimme those sweet lessons.
  • Hmm... ideas... how about a mob somewhere around Avechna's Peak that rogue players can learn from? Cities and communes are nice and all, but some people go their own way, and investing lessons in tradeskills and other luxuries is nice!
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.