What are you playing?

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Celina said:
    Lots of DOTA 2 lately. I decided to start playing ranked and you have to do 10 test matches before they rank you. I was at a 60% win rate until this....I've now lost 7 games in a row. WOO.
    Ranked is wicked hard. You have to know your hero inside and out before doing it (well, maybe not THAT deep, but you know what I mean).

I find that playing Support in Ranked is a bit easier, though getting yelled at to buy wards every two minutes is wicked frustrating.

Source: 1.8k MMR scrub

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Heroes of the storm has a shapeshifting healer and they just added a werewolf type character that uses a pistol in human form. Then morphs into a werewolf for melee! And yes I play that rather than LoL or Dota2. The games are much shorter and it has some unique heroes - like a two-headed ogre which is played by 2 players in one character.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I wish more of my friends played Heroes. It's a nice break from LoL for me.
  • All of my friends play Dota 2, else I'd play more Heroes. Never really got into LoL, funny enough.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Mine name is rje4730. Add meeeee
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    My friend and I have been playing Oxenfree which is a new indie game that came out today on Steam. If you like Until Dawn, you will like this game, as it's a bunch of high schoolers trapped on a small island where strange supernatural events occur. You play as a girl named Alex, who is on the island with her friends and her new stepbrother. Like Until Dawn, it's based more on narrative than on anything else; your dialogue options determine how close you are with the other characters, and that influences your ending heavily. Oxenfree is a quick game and not very heavy on gameplay, but if you enjoy stories that involve lots of dialogue, backstory, and creepy 'wtf' interludes, I recommend it. Also the graphics are charming, the voice acting is excellent, and it's more psychologically unsettling than, say, gory or violent.

My only real complaint was that for the first five minutes the commands weren't very intuitive, and sometimes I wish the characters moved faster. Otherwise, it's been fun. :)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I have finished my game, my child. I found the ending to be bittersweet, but the end theme filled me with DETERMINATION!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Submachine 10: The End

Awesome ending. Did not expect...that.

Why is it over?

I want more Submachine.

• My friend just introduced me to Armello.
    Absolutely amazing game, please get!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Can we get a Lusternian Armello game together? I got kinda tired playing against the AI and haven't even loaded it up in a while.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I've got Armello. It's a bit too luck-based for my tastes, but I'd be happy to play with other players.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Working on trying to get all of The Lost's unlocks in Binding of Isaac like

• Phoebus said:

Is this on Afterbirth? It was so much worse doing on Rebirth.
  • I just discovered that there are a couple of weak Jewish realms in Crusader Kings II (like...literally 2). I am going to take them and conquer Rome in a Shyamalanian twist of the crusades.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited January 2016
    Krackenor said:
    I just discovered that there are a couple of weak Jewish realms in Crusader Kings II (like...literally 2). I am going to take them and conquer Rome in a Shyamalanian twist of the crusades.
    Kingdom of Gondar!

Editted: I've been thinking about getting the Sons of Abraham DLC, but I'm probably going to buy Horse Lords instead. Mongol love forever.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm watching my wife play Portal 2. This is amusing :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Two excellent sources of entertainment: Portal 2, which is one hell of an amazing game with one of the best immersive experiences ever, and watching someone who's not played it before figured out the puzzles.

I don't know if your wife is much of a gamer, but my girlfriend is absolutely NOT. So watching her struggle with the timings was an added source of hilarity unto itself.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Havastus said:
    Everiine said:
    Two excellent sources of entertainment: Portal 2, which is one hell of an amazing game with one of the best immersive experiences ever, and watching someone who's not played it before figured out the puzzles.

I don't know if your wife is much of a gamer, but my girlfriend is absolutely NOT. So watching her struggle with the timings was an added source of hilarity unto itself.
    She hates flinging and jumping with a passion :) . She's also not a PC gamer, so her hand doesn't naturally move fluidly in the WADS patterns. But she's enjoying herself!

I agree with everything you said about Portal 2. Such an amazing game.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    So it seems there are quite a few of us familiar with Paradox games or specifically, Crusader Kings 2. Would there be an interest in a multiplayer game at all? It's a pretty great multiplayer game, and is basically like the Mafia game currently going on times 1000.

If you are unfamiliar with what Crusader Kings 2 is or are like someone I know that bought it but never installed it, I present to you one image here. The white skulls represent natural deaths, the redskulls represent murder. Taken off r/crusaderkings2. The image is titled:

"The King of England killed my strong/genius King of Scotland. So I destroyed his entire bloodline."

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited January 2016
    Falmiis said:

Phoebus said:

Is this on Afterbirth? It was so much worse doing on Rebirth.
    Haha, yeah, I didn't bother playing him much seriously until I got the unlock that gives him Holy Mantle from the get-go. It's a godsend! But it does kinda make his other starting item pretty useless, since you can't use it without re-rolling the Mantle. Oh well. I'm completely ok with the trade-off of it becoming useless in favor of having the defense.
  • I'm pretty good at EUIV and I'm okay at Vicky II (But only thanks to Avu) but I've never really played CK II. Multiplayer looks like you can just assassinate and blob too easily against other players, though I've never played. 
    That said, how does CK II feel compared to EUIV?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh that's sounds fun, but I'm such a slow CKII player, I don't think I could do a multiplayer game unless it was with friends who would understand my slowness. O:-)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I personally think EUIV makes for a better multiplayer experience than CKII. You just won't see much progression in any short amount of time in CKII. I've also heard that there are technical issues that come up a lot with CKII multiplayer.
  • Goat Simulator.

• edited January 2016

SKYRIMMMMM

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    I need a new game, maybe someone can point me to something good. Looking for a good space/sci fi RTS. I bought Star Wars Empire at war but it was kind of bleh.
  • Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak just came out. Seems to be fairly well received so far so you might want to take a look.
    Sins of a Solar Empire was my favorite space game. Haven't played it in years though.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Home world hd remake is good.
  • When I'm not playing Nienla or the Celestine, I'm playing Space Station 13. Sometimes I'm playing Space Station 13 when I'm on Lusternia.

For those who don't know what Space Station 13 is, it's essentially a more in-depth game of Mafia set in space. Think Dwarf Fortress meets Mafia.

Basically, before a round starts, you make a character and select their name and appearance. You can also choose your preference for certain kinds of jobs on the station. The jobs on the station all have varying roles, responsibilities, and access. The Captain, for example, is the head of the station and has access to everywhere. The AI of the station is essentially, well... The AI. You tell him to open doors if need be and it may do so. The AI player is bound by whatever laws he has. On most servers, those laws generally default to Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics. The Janitor is... well, the janitor. He's cleaning the station and will generally fail to do so every time. Cargo Techs work in Cargo and deliver/order supplies to the other departments. The Clown is... well, he's the clown. He is the hero that the station deserves. Honk.

However! What the crew doesn't know is that some members of the crew have been secretly chosen to be a type of antagonist (the antagonist type is only known to the antagonists too, so the round type is secret). This means that there could be traitors aboard the station with objectives to kill other crew members, steal something of high value, or whatever. They can get nifty tools to do it if they use their traitor PDA. The station's AI could have a secret zero law causing it to malfunction and it decide that it suddenly hates organics and that they're all going to die while it simultaneously tries to take over the station. There could be shapeshifting aliens on the station (a la The Thing) with objectives to absorb a certain amount of DNA and have alien abilities like turning their arm into a blade. Just a few examples of the different kinds of antagonist modes.

Honestly, most games of SS13 in my experience are downright hilarious and fun, even if you die horribly. Generally speaking, if the station isn't halfway blown up by the time that the emergency escape shuttle comes, it was a dull round. You can't just kill people for no reason as you're still playing a role, but generally your goal is to survive or do your objectives if you're an antagonist. The community can be... annoying, but I know a few folks from Aetolia that play. It's a fun time. Information is here for those interested: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Main_Page