• Celina said:
    No idea who that is.
    I'm wounded.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Bandeon said:
    Celina said:
    No idea who that is.
    I'm wounded.
    Say it like Bandeon would, and you'll probably be recognized instantly.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178556

So the Symphonia port, uh. Isn't very good. The translation is incomplete at points, the font used doesn't display certain foreign letters, the drm in place is awful, the game is locked at 30fps when the GC version ran at 60(seriously what the hell), and the resolution is locked at 720p. Probably not worth picking up.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Weep. At least I know now. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    I picked up Final Fantasy VI 
    Hold onto your socks.
  • I've taken off on Friday for XCOM 2. The level of excitement for me is huge as there isn't a huge market for high quality strategy gamers like myself, sadly. XCOM is one of the few that actively engages me with consequence and makes me think with every move. The reviews just make me more excited for it.

I kind of need a good release for it after MGS5 and Fallout 4, both games I were really excited for, ultimately left me disappointed in the end because they couldn't live up to their legacy.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Just picked up the Humble Bundle for last week, with XCOM and pretty much everything of Sid Meyer's in recent memory. Started a Civ V game as Genghis Khan, and the first wonder I built was stonehenge. Which he elected to place in the ocean for some reason. Followed by the Great Lighthouse. Which is now being built two tiles inland.

I don't think anyone ever called the Khan a brilliant engineer.

• Luce said:
    Just picked up the Humble Bundle for last week, with XCOM and pretty much everything of Sid Meyer's in recent memory. Started a Civ V game as Genghis Khan, and the first wonder I built was stonehenge. Which he elected to place in the ocean for some reason. Followed by the Great Lighthouse. Which is now being built two tiles inland.

I don't think anyone ever called the Khan a brilliant engineer.
     Things to know about Civ V:

1.) Attila will backstab you. Always. Without exception. Think he's being friendly? Nope, he's just prepping for the inevitable backstab. He is a jerk. Never trust him.

2.) Alexander will also backstab you. He is a jerk. He's also overprotective of pretty much all city-states, even the one right next to you while he is on the other side of the map.

3.) NO, I DON'T WANT A TRADE AGREEMENT WITH ENGLAND. F*** OFF. STOP ASKING ME, ELIZABETH.

4.) Separated by half of the globe by Siam? Expect him to forward settle right next to you despite it making no sense whatsoever. Promptly declare war because of that jerkass and get denounced by pretty much everyone for being a warmonger.

5.) Playing against a heavily religious nation and want to protect your own? Keep religious units right next to your cities. Just them being there is enough to get the AI to shove off and not bother trying to convert your cities.

6.) Is it the nuclear age? Is Gandhi still in the game? Welp, hope you enjoy nuclear holocaust.

7.) Ahead technologically by a massive degree? Neighboring Shaka? He'll still attack you with his medieval-aged weaponry against your modern-era units. The ensuing hilarity is worth it.

8.) I SWEAR TO GOD, EGYPT. IF YOU STEAL THE WONDER THAT I'M BUILDING ONE MORE TIME. JUST ON-- DAMMIT. THAT DOESN'T EVEN BENEFIT YOU!

9.) Build Tall or build Wide. Tall means to have 4-5 cities and just build those up as much as possible. Wide just means growing as much as you can. Each civ benefits from doing one or the other.

10.) Scouts are a great investment early. Discovering as much as you can, knowing where other civs are, finding wonders of the world before any of the other civs, and possibly founding the World Congress first make exploration a huge, huge benefit.
  • I love playing as Egypt.
    Lately I've been playing as Russia and as Rome.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I keep getting Isabella trying to buddy up to me, while trying to get me to attack the Ottomans. Ottoman Empire and Roman both have embassies with me, so I'm leery of pissing them off, but Isabella also keeps raiding Hong Kong, who I really don't care about, and giving me stuff.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Poland is where it's at.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:
    I picked up Final Fantasy VI and VII for $5, to see how they hold up

On what? Where?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Nienla said:
    I've taken off on Friday for XCOM 2. The level of excitement for me is huge as there isn't a huge market for high quality strategy gamers like myself, sadly. XCOM is one of the few that actively engages me with consequence and makes me think with every move. The reviews just make me more excited for it.

I kind of need a good release for it after MGS5 and Fallout 4, both games I were really excited for, ultimately left me disappointed in the end because they couldn't live up to their legacy.
    Let me know how it is! I would've bought it, but iphones take precedent over xcom 2.

Plus, I am pretty sure I spanked the aliens in Xcom enemy within. I sure as hell didn't lose the planet.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    I've started playing Long War again. Just a few missions in, and so far, no casualties!
  • edited February 2016
    I'm playing Diablo 3 (on PS3) as I mentally prepare myself to either continue Dark Souls or start a new game on Dark Souls 2

EDIT: or play the single Jewish ruler in CK2 and CONQUER THE WORLD.
  • The Witness is the sort of game where solving a puzzle produces a five minute excerpt for a cornell lecture on particle physics. Puzzles're neat, too.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Recently picked up PSO Blue Burst. Then put it back down again because this game treats new characters as chew toys, which doesn't bode well for the long-term.

Instead, I'm playing Warframe, and holy [redacted] it caught me off-guard how far into the game I got before I unlocked a feature most games stick in early. The portion before the tutorial, or really tutorials in general, could use some explaining, but if you can get a handle on how things work it's a neat little time sink. And unlike other games, the only way to get in over your head is to rush into things too fast and try to fight things you've no business fighting, which sets you back 20 minutes, at most.

Anyone who hasn't started that game but wants to, hit me up sometime and I can get you 7 days of boosted affinity.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2016
    Final Fantasy 7 is much better than I remember from the first time I played it. Probably because the first time I played it I was in, like, middle or high school, and I had to sneak-play it in bursts when my stepdad wasn't home because he was a child who didn't share his toys. This time around I can actually explore and, you know, read the dialogue. Of course Red XIII remains the neatest and most underserved character. Can't even take him on a date at the Gold Saucer.  :-w
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I was going to say "He's a dog," but then....nevermind.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I bet he's a better actor than Boobs Lockhart. Here's hoping he remake is more progressive.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Hey, what do you have against boo- I mean, Tifa?!

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    I bet he's a better actor than Boobs Lockhart. Here's hoping he remake is more progressive.
    Doesn't he quote Loveless or Shakespeare at one point..?
    I mean, for me the worst character was a tie between Cait Sith and Cloud. Giant stuffed yeti cat thing, or Cloud's insufferably silent angst about everything. 
    *silently angsts about Celina*
    Daraius said:
  • *loudly angsts about Celina*

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Celina said:
    I mean, for me the worst character was a tie between Cait Sith and Cloud. Giant stuffed yeti cat thing, or Cloud's insufferably silent angst about everything. 
    I had issues with finding Cait Sith to be conceptually dumb, but liking how Reeves tied into things in the big picture.

There was also the issue of Cait Sith being the worst character in a mechanical sense. 

I always ran Yuffie, Cloud, and Cid. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    When I originally played as a kid, I had Cloud, Yuffie, and Vincent, Vincent primarily because I had a crush on him (I was going through a goth kid phase. :| ) My parties when replaying as someone who usually doesn't base party members on fictional character attractiveness ratings anymore have been Cloud, Yuffie, and Cid. 
    Cloud, Cid, Red/Vincent.