the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Since we're going to hit 30 before tomorrow, I can instead block Lekhi completely from today, but if I do Bae goes on cooldown. Would you rather block him tonight or today?
  • Othero said:
    Could someone do me a favor, just in case, make sure to buy any healing supplies before Lehki. Egbert should be poisoned from my pokemon and I want to make sure he can't heal. I did it during the last night phase so it has now been 2 days of poison. One more and Egbert should faint.

if that were the case, my thunderbolt should have knocked it out
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Luce said:
    Since we're going to hit 30 before tomorrow, I can instead block Lekhi completely from today, but if I do Bae goes on cooldown. Would you rather block him tonight or today?

If Lehki had a useful day power, I think he would've used it by now due to likely death. I'm thinking night block is probably better.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • So I'm going to throw this out there, lets just do the lyn ch. Unless someone has a game changing pokemon power that they have not already blown and you -need- that stone, lets just skip it. Town has a strong advantage, our current powers are all we need to win, buying stuff really seems to just give mafia a chance to get an advantage and rebuild after the last couple of blows.
  • edited July 2016
    (removed. because.)
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • ... Dude. No editing. Did anyone happen to see the post before he edited it?
  • She's dead anyways.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Oh. Right.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Someone buy a Silph Scope at the shop so we can read the ghost post.
  • I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wasn't terribly important. Asking us to post moar. We've broken 30, by the way, but nobody tell Lekhi so I don't have to put him to sleep.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    We are all waiting for the event. We know who we want to lynch, mostly. And no one can really report any night actions. So posting more would mostly be rehashing the last day's conversation pre-Alec's identity crisis. I don't know what else I would bring up except that while Othero makes good points about skipping the event, I think individually, many people are curious and impatient to see how their Pokemon's evolutions go. I mean, I know I want to at least have a shot at an Aegislash. The risk is what else the shop will sell--which we have no way of 100% knowing in terms of how it will affect the rest of the day. So we can toss around guesswork and theories, but that's also not much to chat about. (Personally I think they'll only affect the Pokemon, not the trainers, so I'm less worried.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I was hoping skip the event would gain more traction but what can you do.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I actually find it a bit suspect to want to skip the event on the basis that it helps mafia, because statistically it would help town more, especially since you guys still have a numerical advantage over them and we know who at least one is and may be eliminating another.
  • I think it's understandable to be a little gun-shy of events after yesterday's adventure. I mean if Salome flips something not-scum, going after Othero might be reasonable, but as it currently stands I don't find his stance particularly suspect.

I don't think we can state definitively that the event will help us more. In that there is more of us to get more of stuff, sure. But there's just too many unknowns (how many scum are left? Who are they, what are their powers? What items will help them achieve goals? What items are going to be available?) to definitively state that the event's going to benefit town more than scum.

If it's a first come first serve thing, then there's a chance of Lehki grabbing something that makes him harder/more dangerous to kill at night. Or some unknown scum evolving a pokemon to something town really doesn't want. The town outnumber the scum, but the scum know more. Introducing added vectors of chaos is generally more useful for scum than town, because they can take advantage of it more readily and have less to worry about in terms of friendly fire.

I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Salome since I may be somewhat scarce in the next few days.

(Are anyone else's post boxes stuck in html mode?)
  • Luce said:

Wasn't terribly important. Asking us to post moar. We've broken 30, by the way, but nobody tell Lekhi so I don't have to put him to sleep.

Lurking mode, I'm good not having the attention on me 100% of the time. :p
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm also not afraid of an executioner so I too will Vote Salome. And proceed to chill until more stuff happens.

(PS: @Allyrianne I'm stuck in html mode too wtf)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    (wtf is this hideous formatting, expect a post once I figure out how to do things, shop will be open [hopefully] soon)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tremula said:

(wtf is this hideous formatting, expect a post once I figure out how to do things, shop will be open [hopefully] soon)

(At least there's a preview button...? But yeah besides that, please god why, what is wrong with these forums always.)
  • Vote Salome
  • Vote Salome
  • (My post was wondering where all the posts were, Mafia withdrawal and all that. I edited once I realized it could have been disruptive. I apologize and am waiting to receive punishment from @Tremula >:) )
  • I'm also super dead as Dylara pointed out. I am also a man, recently subjected to the gender-bending of this game.
  • Iosion said:

I'm also super dead as Dylara pointed out. I am also a man, recently subjected to the gender-bending of this game.

Welcome, friend. There's plenty of room in this clubhouse.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Works in both directions. My female alts get called male all the time, and every play and game of Vengeance Luce has been in has had him in a female role at least once. Every. Single. One.

Anyway, Krackenor, since we don't want to knock Lekhi out today I'm going to do it tonight, and you get to pick on someone else.
    Okay, so this may seem a little bit off, but I'm writing it entirely in HTML since I can't blame forums and expect you guys to put off on your gameplay for it. Forgive my colours and sizing, and the lack of TMs. 

As you all follow the Champion through the city, sights and sounds exploding around you as children run by with Bidoof and Skitties tailing them closely and street vendors hawking their wares, you quickly find yourself standing in front of a square building with a blue roof. You make your way in only to hear a dispassionate shopkeeper drone, "Potions and pokeballs, get your potions and pokeballs."

Without breaking a sweat, the Champion pulls out his badge and places it in front of her, and suddenly the shopkeeper is all smiles, calling into the back in a foreign language. Suddenly the shop is alive with men pulling out boxes and placing them above display cases filled with regular pokeballs, paralyz heals, and potions, the boxes containing all manner of advanced healing salves and sprays along with evolution stones. A stern wave from Alec is enough for the man holding all the pokeballs to return them to the back, and the Champion turns to you, saying, "Well, one thing each. Make good choices!".

Shopping list:

Mega Potion
    Antidote
    Paralyz Heal
    Burn Heal
    Ice Heal
    Full Heal
    Revive
    Evolution Stone (all present)

You are allowed one purchase each.

• Buy Full Heal

...the heck is up with the forums editing? Mmph.
  • Can I get a Mega Potion?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

(the shop will remain open until 0000 [midnight] EST, so another 5.30 hours. Get yoru purchases in, and if you're out of time-zone send me a message)