Simple questions?

Comments

• is there a way to detect how many days one has done for the influence event?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    The command is QUESTEVENT.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Lusternia has officially overtaken Secret World in terms of quest frustration. The quest with the nanny and the kids in Toronada is the one I'm talking about. Any helpful hints as to hiding places? I have literally looked and probed everything in the room the giggles and footsteps are in, plus everything I could think of in the house on the off chance I could take it with me.
  • Iomhar said:

Lusternia has officially overtaken Secret World in terms of quest frustration. The quest with the nanny and the kids in Toronada is the one I'm talking about. Any helpful hints as to hiding places? I have literally looked and probed everything in the room the giggles and footsteps are in, plus everything I could think of in the house on the off chance I could take it with me.

AFAIR, the giggles and footsteps are not only in the rooms where the kids hide. You want to look over the entire beach. Probe every single noun, everywhere.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited August 2016
    How come so many many abilities were cut out from the rough overhaul skillet?https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p4H-IRaujKFSLMmlhCT5ach9YQ8YjNhOcmDoRp4T-L4/htmlview#
  • Lately I've randomly gotten the message "You suddenly have the distinct sensation of being watched." popping up from time to time - Can't remember what it is from, whether it is a dreamwalker effect or something else.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Where were you?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Rolsand said:

How come so many many abilities were cut out from the rough overhaul skillet?https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p4H-IRaujKFSLMmlhCT5ach9YQ8YjNhOcmDoRp4T-L4/htmlview#

Just to make you angry Rolsand, just to make you angry.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

Where were you?

Presidio.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Can I get critical hits while influencing?
  • In a way. HELP SPRINGCANDIES - they're part of promotional items, so they're not always easy to find, but you can use the Mints for a random chance at 10% bonus to ego "damage".
  • Breandryn said:

Can I get critical hits while influencing?

Nope
  • Naecia said:

In a way. HELP SPRINGCANDIES - they're part of promotional items, so they're not always easy to find, but you can use the Mints for a random chance at 10% bonus to ego "damage".

I thought that just added 10% to every influence
  • edited August 2016
    You confide in an illithoid besmircher how much you admire his dazzling mental and physical skills.
    An illithoid besmircher rubs his chin thoughtfully, but then gives you a rueful smile.
    He pauses briefly as though considering what you said.

You confide in an illithoid besmircher how much you admire his dazzling mental and physical skills.
    A cloud of sweet mint wafts from your mouth as you make your argument, strengthening the effect of your words.
    An illithoid besmircher rubs his chin thoughtfully, but then gives you a rueful smile.
    He pauses briefly as though considering what you said.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Sakaki said:

Synkarin said:

Where were you?

Presidio.
    It's an ambient.

• edited August 2016
    Synkarin said:

Rolsand said:

Just to make you angry Rolsand, just to make you angry.
    *Shrug*
  • Is there any way to tell whether a quest has been changed? I previously completed it a healthy number of times, and never had any trouble finding all of the items. Now, I seem to be consistently missing one (well, today was the second time this has happened).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Is there a way to tell through GMCP if an artifact has returned to you, maybe even if just telling if a certain item is in your inventory or not?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I think artifacts kick off a Char.Item.Add event when they respawn.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Mrak said:

Is there any way to tell whether a quest has been changed? I previously completed it a healthy number of times, and never had any trouble finding all of the items. Now, I seem to be consistently missing one (well, today was the second time this has happened).

Which quest? Sometimes quests bug out.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Sometimes people wandering through acqui that one item, and don't even realize they have it.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited August 2016
    Not likely in this case, I think. It's the dark side of the Kryden Valik quest, in the temple. AFAIK, there's 8 rooms with possible item locations (11 things you could touch/turn/probe etc.), and a bunch of mobs to influence with charity.

Edit: I say not likely because it's a pain to get into the area that the items are in, and I doubt anyone would do it if they weren't trying to complete the quest.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Mrak said:

Not likely in this case, I think. It's the dark side of the Kryden Valik quest, in the temple. AFAIK, there's 8 rooms with possible item locations (11 things you could touch/turn/probe etc.), and a bunch of mobs to influence with charity.

Edit: I say not likely because it's a pain to get into the area that the items are in, and I doubt anyone would do it if they weren't trying to complete the quest.

No, when I do the quest I experience the same problem. (And I know we aren't doing it at the same time, because of hella long resets on the pieces) There are one to two pieces that just...don't spawn at times, even though every possible source has been exhausted.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That's odd, I never had that issue.. but it was a long time ago that I was doing that every 7 hours for curio pieces. Hmm.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    What's the consensus on which aethership artifacts are worth the credits and which ones aren't? There's a distinct lack of numbers in the help file for how much they actually do.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    How would a gold sovereign with both sides labelled as 'head' be sought out for customisation? I don't know if it's even possible to customise a single piece of gold, or if it would have to be some sort of special request done.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Are you trying to make your own luck? ;)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Rancoura said:

Are you trying to make your own luck? ;)

I've always wanted one and just realised I had a nice chunk of credits sitting around to do things with. Even after partitioning some off to pay for a Thing, I should have enough to get something fun to play with in RP.

• Tremula said:

How would a gold sovereign with both sides labelled as 'head' be sought out for customisation? I don't know if it's even possible to customise a single piece of gold, or if it would have to be some sort of special request done.

I'm not sure if that's even possible because gold is a weird and mysterious item, and the coin flip verb is a coded command. You can ask artifacts@lusternia.com (or whatever email is in Help Customizations) to see if it's possible and how much something like that would cost.

• If I put a Great Rune of the Winter Bane AND a Great Rune of the Summer Bane on a piece of clothing, will the two cancel out or will the clothing now grant better protection against both forms of weather?