the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Also, @Allyriane... You said you always knew who was linked into the network; does that mean you knew/know who all the scum were? Set aside that you can't reveal them all at this point; just say if you knew or know the scum or not.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I missed Allyrianne's previous post, but I can address some of it. Haunter has a cooldown. I did not receive any notification that the ability had triggered or that it is cooling down.  So I think it's very unlikely that anyone targeted me and got Hauntblocked.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • After Night 1, I knew who all Solgaleo was (Lehki, Ushaara and Salome). I also knew that Makaela, and then Weiwae was a bomb that Solgaleo knew how to activate was something that also came up Night 1.

After Vivet died, I learned the remaining members of Lunala (Silvanus and Kalaneya).

I didn't know anything about the Synkarin/Iosion duo.

I did not know who the "Chosen One" was and still do not. My equipment was damaged Night 6, so as of last night I no longer have intelligible identifications, although one of the voices seemed familiar, which I took to mean Lehki was, in fact, one of the Cultists.
  • To be honest, that kinda seals the deal for me. I find it exceedingly hard to believe that any non-scum would know who half of the scum are after the first night; it would, for all intents and purposes, be game-breaking.

I also question how the fact that Makaela/Weiwae would come up in the Solgaleo chat, when that was the night that Lehki got the message about there being a bomber (he apparently didn't know there was one before that). Messages have, at least for me, always come at the end of the night (pure speculation, but I'm guessing Weiwae/Makaela had to choose to reveal themselves first, otherwise Lehki would probably know about them from the start); as such, the Solgaleo cult wouldn't know about it during the first night.

Honestly, absolutely nothing makes me believe your story right now.
    Out of curiosity, Allyrianne, why did you think they converted me in the first place? That wasn't really clear in your first post.
  • Krackenor said:
    Thul said:
    Krackenor said:
    I was made amnesiac
    Did you try to block me? >_> I really hope not.
    I did
    Okay. Cool. Why? Did you think I was fake mayor-claiming? Did you want to test the broken limits of my Pokemon? Because I thought Melali could already attest to that. What was your logic on picking me?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

What an immensely entertaining day this is shaping up to be.

First, I'll start on the drear. Go ahead and get that over with.

Last night I spent time in front of my mirror once more, finding a bit more success with concealing the craters under my eyes. As I worked, I noticed my reflection seemed to blur. I mistook it for accidental smearing on my part at first... but then the voices started as well. Distant, incomprehensible whispers, some vaguely reminiscent while most are entirely foreign. The mirror clouded over as I developed a distinct feeling of not being alone and, feeling threatened, I hissed at it. Which is weird on its own, since I'm not really the hissing type.

And then... it just stopped. Like that somehow worked, or something distracted whatever it was and made it go away? I really don't know. I just covered up the mirror with a blanket after that and spent most of the rest of the night feeling rather uncomfortable.

So, my big question for today is - Thul, did you try to observe me last night? Because I sure hope so. I feel like there's got to be some evidence of whatever that was, or some inkling of explanation. Definitely not as peaceable as the night prior.

Now, I've gone and read through the discussion for today, and am left with the hilarity that is Allyrianne.

She has built a rather interesting charade. It is so intricate and complicated. And false. And the Deja Vu! Why, it's like a flashback from the Reign game in some ways. The parallels in this fake claim are rather striking.

I can understand it, though. I am, after all, an easy target. It'd be easy to try to frame me as a liar in turn, and while I am mostly useless to town outside of sheer chutzpah, it's still good and prudent for scum to try to take out some town - any town - before they go down.

Did you think I was going to be scared, or react with outrage? I don't know, after last night I don't particularly care. Alec might have referred to my condition as a "miracle" when I first encountered him after my resurrection, but this sure doesn't feel like any "miracle" to me. If town gets any inkling of my alignment when I die, then I'll be quite happy to go and die and ensure you go down with me. You want to try to frame me? Have at it. See how much farther that gets you.

But we can't stop there! Let us take Portius into account too! Apparently:

1. Portius' doll was with Allyrianne last night
    2. Allyrianne "has a suspicion" that Portius was converted
    3. We have learned that Portius' doll redirects powers targetting him to the holder of the doll
    4. Ssaliss walked in on Allyrianne just as a silver flash erupted from the frame of her door and found her dazed, with silvery eyes

So here's what I propose instead. Allyrianne didn't have a mere suspicion - as a member of the cult, she definitely knew Portius was the conversion target. Hence the little attempt to try to net him in with me in her web of lies. However, since she held the Portius doll... the conversion attempt hit her instead! And Ssaliss awkwardly walked in just in time to witness the tail end of it.

Did I hit the nail on the head? C'mon, Allyrianne, be honest. I think it'd make for a good laugh for everyone.

I know I'm laughing. Even if I'm wrong, I want to believe it really did happen just like that, so I can make it the crown jewel in your tiara of absurdity.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • To be honest, I am fairly inclined to suspect Allyrianne; as Ssaliss mentioned, her claimed combination of powers is just too hilariously powerful. Listening in to scum communication is one thing, but listening in to all scum communication, being able to talk to them, and knowing who they are really does seem like way too much.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Thul said:
    Krackenor said:
    Thul said:
    Krackenor said:
    I was made amnesiac
    Did you try to block me? >_> I really hope not.
    I did
    Okay. Cool. Why? Did you think I was fake mayor-claiming? Did you want to test the broken limits of my Pokemon? Because I thought Melali could already attest to that. What was your logic on picking me?
    Yes, I do have a very good, absolutely reasonable and not embarrassing at all reason for targeting you 
    Oh, I forgot to incline that obvious final piece of my post.

Vote: Allyrianne

I buy absolutely everything that Vivet said except me being the conversion target. I think I would've gotten an alert that Haunter did something. But I'm not positive on that. And the overpowered powerset argument makes sense, too. And I'm honestly pretty suspicious of anyone who had a list of that many scum early in the game and didn't just hand them over to the town. It's a suicide move, but I'm pretty sure that it's worth it if it nails every cult member.

And then there's saying that I was converted without really justifying it. This charge might go away when Allyrianne posts again. But there's a lot of reasons to lynch right now. I mean, I was willing to risk a blind vigilante kill on her even before she said anything tonight. I only refrained because I recognized that Lehki had to die if we were going to get anything done with anyone else. So I'm definitely willing to kill her now.

Vote Allyrianne
  • Allyrianne's powers are just.. so powerful. I can understand getting the odd communication, garbled messages and all, but knowing who they were and not alerting the town? Or am I misunderstanding that? Even holding on to that information without bringing it to the town is suspect even if you did not know the names.

Vote: Allyrianne for now.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Tangent - who has Toxicroak again? I believe there was mention of one at some point. Lehki died to poison, and I believe Rolsand was bludgeoned and poisoned both. Did Portius take credit for the poisoning? I seem to recall him saying the poison wasn't him, so far as he could tell.

That might help wrap up the events of the night.

• Vivet said:
    Tangent - who has Toxicroak again? I believe there was mention of one at some point. Lehki died to poison, and I believe Rolsand was bludgeoned and poisoned both. Did Portius take credit for the poisoning? I seem to recall him saying the poison wasn't him, so far as he could tell.

That might help wrap up the events of the night.

Portius did claim both the poison and bludgeoning on Rolsand.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Ah, my bad. I'm just struggling to piece together what all is what with the limitations on me.
    For Rolsand, yes. This particular poisoning is not from me. I tried to kill Lehki, and failed due to someone redirecting Melali onto him.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Haunter emerges from the ground, directly through the number 5 on the shuffleboard markings, holding an adorable plush doll of Portius in one claw. He cackles a ghastly 'Kekekekekeke' as he floats over and deposits the doll in Cen's hands before returning to Portius' side, where he fades away until he can no longer be seen as anything but a faint heat distortion over the man's left shoulder.

Vote Count:

Allyrianne: 4 (Ssaliss, Vivet, Portius, Dylara)

With 13 trainers alive, it's 7 to lynch!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    On the assumption that Allyrianne will be dead before I wake up tomorrow: Vigilante target suggestions? Start listing people that you think are suspicious (or people that you think are confirmed innocent for reasons that we currently don't know) or trust in my best, unguided guess.
    I've still got an off-vibe from Othero, but at this point it seems inexplicable. It might just be run-off from yesterday. That said, I feel like Portius has been doing surprisingly well and doubt my guess is going to be better.
  • I'm really dubious about Allyrianne. Am I reading that right, that she had that much info and didn't share it? Even in the context of this game, that role is only believable as a scum role, or maybe a third party hurtful to town.

Holding off on vote for now because the day's early and I want to finish working some other things out.

So, @Vivet, I didn't do anything to you directly last night.

@Portius, I might try a run on Vivet. If it works and she's innocent, down a vanilla (if highly entertaining) villager. If it doesn't work... Well, probable mafioso night immunity, lynch in the morning. If not Vivet... my second pick would be Krackenor right now, but half of that is annoyance. >_> Though part of me is wondering if I'm going to check what happened last night and find out he tried to douse me in oil.

Seriously, where have all the deaths been? @Phoebus, don't tell us who you've been protecting, but has it been the same person? Have you been successfully saving folks? Are we getting lucky, or do we need to be watching out for some other condition?

As far as Melali's redirected block... pure speculation, but maybe someone copied Kaimanahi's ability from the grave? We'll know if it happens again tomorrow, I guess. Otherwise, it could have been any one of his frigging Togepi's random Metronome powers.
  • *cuddles the Portius doll foreverrrrr* I imagine it having a little sewn expression of frustration. <3

Sorry for the absence! I was flying interstate to spend time with family. Been pretty hectic.

Yep I did role claim! Employee of the pokemon daycare couple, I play with my target's pokémon to give them xp.

Gonna go ahead and <b>Vote: Allyrianne </b>because that claim smells way off to me. If I knew who scum were on N1, I would at the very least be trying to subtly apply pressure or cast suspicion on them, or maybe even just go whole hog suicidally name them. If you got killed the next night, it just vindicates you and turns town back to the people you named.

But sitting on all that game-changing info and not making a peep... Might be a difference in personality, but I couldn't do that.
  • Cen said:
    *cuddles the Portius doll foreverrrrr* I imagine it having a little sewn expression of frustration. <3

Sorry for the absence! I was flying interstate to spend time with family. Been pretty hectic.

Yep I did role claim! Employee of the pokemon daycare couple, I play with my target's pokémon to give them xp.

Gonna go ahead and <b>Vote: Allyrianne </b>because that claim smells way off to me. If I knew who scum were on N1, I would at the very least be trying to subtly apply pressure or cast suspicion on them, or maybe even just go whole hog suicidally name them. If you got killed the next night, it just vindicates you and turns town back to the people you named.

But sitting on all that game-changing info and not making a peep... Might be a difference in personality, but I couldn't do that.
    Gonna have to retry that vote @Cen! Which I think puts us at five out of seven. I'm definitely on board the holy crap even if you're telling the truth how could you sit on the identities of scum from the word go train, but in deference to the desire to have a little longer to talk things over, I won't officially vote till at least tomorrow.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Hmmm. Does Portius's doll circumvent protection? For example, if I were to jail Cen and then someone tried to kill Portius, would the killing still transfer to Cen? It could go either way, with Cen leaving the doll outside of the jail cell, where the attack just fizzles out uselessly, but...
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    @Thul Wish I could claim responsibility, but no, I'm not the one who's been stopping violence. I'm not a "protector," really; I don't prevent people from getting hurt. I find people and patch them up after they've been grievously wounded. So anyone I'd protected successfully would know about it, and likely announce the fact that they were attacked to the world, like Othero and his stab wound. Which is still the only death I've prevented, very early on. Mafia just...hasn't been killing. Something is definitely up with that, but what? And is it connected to this countdown? Will it be four after the lynch, or still five? What is changing these numbers? I just don't know.

What I do know is that it seems I was right to not trust Allyrianne, so I'm going to Vote: Allyrianne.
  • Too bad Dylara autopsied Kaimanahi this night... Would've been interesting to see what would've come of it had she autopsied Allyrianne. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that. We could always wait a night, I suppose (I assume you can still autopsy those that have been dead a while, Dylara?)
  • Is five the number of days before some sort of big event, maybe? Mmm. At this point I'm half-convinced it's just Trem trolling everybody.

...also, is Shaymin still about?

Well, one shy of Allyrianne being done. Ridiculously quick day, all considered. Anyone have anything they want to get on the table before tomorrow?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Thul said:
    Is five the number of days before some sort of big event, maybe? Mmm. At this point I'm half-convinced it's just Trem trolling everybody.

...also, is Shaymin still about?

Well, one shy of Allyrianne being done. Ridiculously quick day, all considered. Anyone have anything they want to get on the table before tomorrow?
    Was wondering about Shaymin, too.
  • Hmm... Who do we have as what, mafia-wise? Lehki/Salome/Ushaara were Solgaleo, and Vivet/Sylvanis/Kalaneya as Lunala? Then toss in Allyrianne, and we might've gotten the lot of them...