Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Barking up the wrong one. Leaf me be!
  • It seeds I made a fig choice to have Gensokyo observe stumping. But maple you should branch out. If you don't, I willow'n yew with far more poplar puns.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Lynch: Kiradawea

Also do we know why Ssaliss' cards are on cooldown? Is it just from him using them?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I yield. Your puns have o'erwhelm'd me, fair Mod Startail. More seriously, do we want to give ourselves another night of poking and prodding, or does anyone want to start building a case to eliminate someone?
  • Is there anyone who hasn't checked in? 
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    So, if we don't get to see flips on lynch, how are we feeling about lynching vs not lynching?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • How does that even work? We have to rely on investigators to find Mafia?

And so it's a blind lynch (basically) everytime?

I'm pretty much in for no lynch but wanted to see if anyone else had pertinent info before Night.
  • (We don't see flips ever right? Even on death? Or just lynching?)
    Yeah I'm not a fan of a blind lynch either. :/ I suppose best we can hope for is a coroner. Though, how positive are we that offing someone doesn't reveal alignment? Is that role specific or everybody?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • (I'm also getting email notifications about this thread from 3 hours ago D: )
  • Sylandra said:
    Yeah I'm not a fan of a blind lynch either. :/ I suppose best we can hope for is a coroner. Though, how positive are we that offing someone doesn't reveal alignment? Is that role specific or everybody?
    From Kiradawea's post it seems like that's for everybody
  • Well, it's for those who have a possibility of winning. If someone's win condition is Survivor, then if they die, they'll have lost so they'll flip. 

Thus, if someone doesn't flip, then that means that they don't have to survive until the end to win, thus they're probably not third party.

I'm going to assume that we have at least one coroner and at least one investigator. Thus, killing someone will allow at least one more person to be examined than before. Also, seeing the flavor of someone being stumped will also inform whether or not we have someone who can resurrect people. Since they're being stumped, which means that they can't vote or use abilities, but can still talk, I assume that means that, flavor-wise, they're jailed somehow. Maybe buried up to their heads or something.

It'll also be interesting to see if the Mafia's night kill differs in flavor from the town's lynching. Maybe it'll give us a hint as to who is killing people.

It also makes one think on how one could be immune to night kills. Would that mean that they are Town, since the Mafia don't fear being struck in the night? Or maybe it would be the Godfather, to protect against Serial Killers?
  • Well the information is limited as usual so here's my position: 

So I'm immediately skeptical of non touhou characters, and suspicious of those who immediately come out as non touhou characters only to immediately dismiss it as a dead end. Specifically Lehki. 

The most logical conclusion to be drawn is that a very small number of non touhou characters were thrown into the game for a specific reason, and it doesn't make much sense that the reason is to be random townies. ESPECIALLY When you consider that touhou (at least according to the wiki) has more than enough characters to fill a game. 

I would also venture to guess that non touhou characters are not mafia, as that would be just too easy, and Kiradawea understands and appears to spend a lot of time playing and developing her games. The mafia generally isn't that obvious. 

What I do believe is that the non touhou characters are likely third parties with their own agendas. This makes the most sense, as they are apart from the touhou universe in a touhou titled game. Why else would they be here? 

Endless card battles are accomplishing precisely diddle, and no one has revealed any relevant night information we can make a decision on. So I say the least risky move a this point is lynch a non touhou character. 
  • That is Lehki, Ileein, and Yarith if my memory is correct.
  • I think you're conflating "non-touhou" with "not from Gensokyo". There are a bunch of non-native Gensokyo residents from the games. My understanding from the census was that they are counting "not from Gensokyo" touhou characters.

I don't remember if anyone has claimed that they weren't even from the games. The only one to my knowledge who's claimed along these lines is Breandryn who said her character was "maybe not a girl" and all the characters as far as I am aware are female in touhou. Someone can feel free to correct me though, like I said, I know jack shit about Touhou asides from the few things I've read on the wiki.
  • Oh. I thought Gensokyo was like..the Touhou universe. 
  • There are a few male Touhou characters.
    Hm. Well, Celina's logic makes sense to me in that we should probably lynch someone with the supposition that the game has a coroner.

So the question is what information would we most want to get from a lynch? Lynching a non-Gensokyo person gives us an idea of what to expect alignment-wise from that. The odds, though, seem very likely we'll off an town because I doubt Kira would be so predictable, as Celina also said.

We don't have very many leads, though. Unless we want to start lynching people who are quiet? I'm a fan of "lynch all lurkers," with nothing else to go by. Who hasn't been posting?

PS: I'm a bit worried the constant card-battles mean people are wasting their cards, as in, limiting themselves to cooldowns and giving people more information to use regarding identity/spells. When these cardgames start to matter more, I want to be sure I'm capable of defending myself (sry for being a spoilsport).
    Daraius said:
  • Lynching one of us non-Gensokyo people could go either way, honestly. Obviously I know myself to be friendly, and Lehki claims to be also, but there's zero chance (or effectively so) of lynching Mafia if we take that route.

I will say, however, that I have reason to suspect that at least one of the non-natives means Town illOr at least, doesn't mean Town well.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    @Ileein considering you're not a Gensokyo native, who would you want to lynch today?
    Daraius said:
  • Also, what raised your suspicion?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm very curious about the non-natives, particularly if any happen to be Renko or Maribel. I would find it highly unlikely for either of them to show up without someone tampering with the Great Hakurei Barrier in some meaningful way, and if that had happened, well... that might be one explanation for a missing Reimu.

Breandryn has practically said who they are already, if my suspicions are accurate, and would also explain their disinterest in card battling. And given who Tremula is, I think it's safe to say we have a good mix of minor and major characters.

@Sylandra I don't think it's as big an issue for some. The card I used today never goes on cooldown, and the other two only have a cooldown of one match, as an example. Depending on what you're holding, I expect it may be a lot more critical to be cautious, especially if you have some massive cooldowns.

I also have a limited number of night powers, so am less inclined to fret if I might miss a night.

The only real disadvantage I see to spellcard dueling early is that it allows people to get a better read on the types your cards might have. If everyone figures out what types belong to which of your cards, then challenging becomes a lot more dangerous for you, since you lock yourself in and give your opponent not only a chance to exploit your weakness, but also the ability to determine what is at stake.

Identity is the smallest issue involved, really.

• Huuuummm. 
    Ileein and Lehki both have spellcards too though, right? Even though they're from 'outside' of Gensokyo?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It makes sense to me that the outsiders wouldn't be simple black and white all are good or all are bad. I don't know that we'd learn much from lynching them, but then again it's worrisome thinking we may not learn much of anything from a lynch, because in my mind it's always the reassurance with early game lynches- even if we're wrong, at least we will learn something.

I'm not sure how to progress at the moment. I think a lynch is important, if only to see who votes where and why.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lehki had an Esoteric Arcana, I believe? And you had your Prismatic Array. Don't recall seeing anything from Ileein or Kalaneya.
  • Sylandra said:
    @Ileein considering you're not a Gensokyo native, who would you want to lynch today?
    I'm not sure. I don't want to jump the gun and lynch someone who could be helpful-- if nothing else, my own presence indicates that non-natives are not necessarily harmful. But I do know that at least one of us probably doesn't have the best of intentions.
    Krackenor said:
    Also, what raised your suspicion?
    It's to do with my role flavor-- I'm a detective, I came here hunting a target who appears to have gone to ground here. And what I know of that person is that though they're hiding here and I don't know who they are (obviously), they did a lot of damage and hurt a lot of people where they came from.
  • And I do have spell cards. I'm happy to display them. In fact, here, let's test:

@Kalaneya, you've been fairly quiet, and as one of the four who have claimed to be from elsewhere, I am interested in seeing what you have to show. Kalaneya, I challenge you! Behold, my Spirit of Courage!

• Ileein said:
    Sylandra said:
    I'm not sure. I don't want to jump the gun and lynch someone who could be helpful-- if nothing else, my own presence indicates that non-natives are not necessarily harmful. But I do know that at least one of us probably doesn't have the best of intentions.
    Krackenor said:
    Also, what raised your suspicion?
    It's to do with my role flavor-- I'm a detective, I came here hunting a target who appears to have gone to ground here. And what I know of that person is that though they're hiding here and I don't know who they are (obviously), they did a lot of damage and hurt a lot of people where they came from.
    Does this mean you are a 3rd party hunting for another character?
  • So, despite Ileein's claims of investigator, it's safe to assume they're a killer too? I'm tempted to ask your win condition (whether it's investigate this mysterious person or kill them)...but I doubt I'll trust it.

As a Gensokyo native, there's some reassurance though.
  • Also this:

Sylandra said: