Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's not from an item. It's my own power that i didn't learn about immediately or possibly because it was vague in my role sheet and kira expressly explained it after I questioned her about how to use the cloak. 

I get you're looking for holes in my story, but the fact is you know I stole the cloak from you. I openly admitted it. It strikes me as very odd that you're trying to show me as a liar. I can't explicitly prove I'm town but I've been open about my movements and actions on each night. 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm willing to entertain the possibility that Lavinya is town and Siam is mafia. It's not an unheard of mafia set-up.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hmm maybe it would be helpful if we had a list of everyone and what powers, if any, they have claimed. 

If Lavinya is innocent, that would actually be great. I could hold a shop sale, with the knowledge that town can snag back at least one item if someone suspicious grabbed it, and in scenario 1,  that's possibly half the point of her power. Then again it relies on her outing herself for us to know she can do that which isn't ideal for a thief!
    Also i haven't detected treasure since night 0. I have no idea if breandryn has more items or has given them out or if others have come across items winning battles or something. No idea. I can't tell what anyone is holding either, except sensing that Shou still had her pagoda at the time. Tonight i plan to detect again, and I will know more. 

• It is not so much what you are saying but rather how Siam is responding and an analysis of role interplay. It just doesn't seem to add up. Sorry if I seem stuck on the pagoda/items but it's something tangible (ha) in a game where we know very little. 

To fully clarify my role, I start with x number of items. Each night, I can investigate one to learn their use or hand one off to someone else. I cannot use the items. 2 times during the game, I can hold a shop sale, where I put up to 3 items up for sale. First person who posts about wanting the item gets it.

So, items seem to originate from me if Lavinya did not sense anyone else with one. Siam's pagoda is a curveball and that's why I've been trying to get him to explain if his item actually changes hands and if so how. Everything he's said makes it sound like it doesn't, which is why it seems to me that Lavinya is designed to counter me.

But, maybe the pagoda works differently! 
    My flavor text mentions that shou is often prone to losing her pagoda and that i can at least help her retrieve it. I haven't mentioned that flavor to siam so I'm inclined to believe him when he said he lost it. 

Breandryn said:
    Hmm maybe it would be helpful if we had a list of everyone and what powers, if any, they have claimed. 

I agree, that would be an interesting list to have. I haven't been on the ball tracking that myself. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Had a thought that fits in with my rambling and would let Lavinya be town and Siam be guilty: they are lovers. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lover
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I do agree that Lavinya seems to be being far more forward than Siam, at the very least. I'm all for hearing more from Falmiis and Melali at the same time, though.
    Do we want to initiate a "lynch all lurkers" policy?
    Daraius said:
  • I'm gonna take a guess that helping locate the pagoda is an alternate action she can spend the night on instead of her usual powers and that nobody else is holding it currently.
    Oh, something from way back that I want to talk about!
    @Synkarin @Iosion @Kalaneya all for some reason didn't ping Tamashi's investigation ability, and unlike Yarith, no reason was given for why this didn't work.
    So we know now that Tamashi was trying to convert people to his cult. But! Kalaneya was unable to be converted (and we offed her and she's not really talked much since)! So, Synkarin and Iosion, why weren't they cult-able? Hm, hm, hm!

Here's a thought. What if cults can't convert mafia members?
    Daraius said:
  • Tamashi did covert someone, didn't he? He didn't flip.
    Well, Tamashi could apparently discern who Ileein was in spite of things, and we can see that Ileein was still playing only for himself, since he's won and gone. I am disinclined to believe that Tamashi was 100% lying, or 100% telling the truth. There's some value is "coming forward" so to say, so long as you take advantage of the situation to obscure some key details. It is determining that which would be valuable for him to lie about that causes issues on this front.
    Yes. But this list was of people he (allegedly) didn't get a good read on. Which makes me curious as to why those people were spared naming.
    Daraius said:
    Specifically, he couldn't glean any detail on all three of them. And it was via one singular PM. This is weird in comparison to him saying he could tell Othero was a powerful and arrogant Youkai, but nothing else. And while Kalaneya is Youkai, Synkarin is a fairy, so it's not really related to species.
    I didn't know that Siam had lost the pagoda until he posted in this day, until then he had it. So Lehki has the right of it- I can spend the night discerning where treasure is (and I can only guess if the pagoda will be revealed specifically, it was while Siam held it but it may just show as an item in someone else's hands until I steal it), OR I can spend the night stealing an item from someone/the temple.

Also just confirming, Kalaneya is our only stump, right? Tamashi was eliminated and Ileein and Cyndarin won/lost. I didn't miss anyone?

Kalaneya's the only presently active stump right now, yeah. Tamashi got banned due to trying to influence the game in outside communications. It seems like he could still technically win, since we did not receive a role card.
    Oh I re-read my message. I sensed something with Siam that first night which I rightfully presumed meant she still had her pagoda. So likely I won't sense who has the pagoda, just who is holding things. 

• Afaik Tamashi's character is a stump so there is still a member of his faction out there (or he has some super weird victory condition which hasn't failed yet).
  • Yeah, sorry folks, haven't been active, work's had been really, really rough and I tend to hop IG with my time rather than on here. I'll try to jump in and out, but ping me if you want me.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Did you even read Tohou lore? The pagoda is not an invention. It's an item  Shou possesses for being an avatar of Bishamonten. You can't invent that.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    Did you even read Tohou lore? The pagoda is not an invention. It's an item  Shou possesses for being an avatar of Bishamonten. You can't invent that.
    Shhhhh. We're just asking questions and trying to figure things out. We all have various ties to lore! But not everyone has items tied to their lore. Hence our questions.
    Daraius said:
    I'm channelling my inner Adore.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I can't be converted because Eye'm the strongest

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Obviously

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Re: Tamashi. We don't actually know anything other than A) he didn't get a read on some people, and 2) he's probably not town. We don't know he was cult, we don't know he tried to recruit. I mean, it is technically possible he's town and for some reason decided to spin a lie about being a cult leader, although that would seem weird.

Personally, I think he was either A) a normal scum, and is throwing out the cult claim in order to make us confused (he claimed to be cult after Siam started his "there's probably a cult" train; he might've gotten his ideas from there), or 2) a cult convertee, who said he was the cult leader in order to make us believe we got the head honcho. It's even possible he's III) a third-party with a win condition that requires someone else to be stumped, but doesn't have to be "alive" in order to win.

• @Siam, you're being oddly flippant and deflective at a time when a lot of suspicion is on you. We need straight talk.

Vote Siam
    That's rich coming from someone who's largely been quiet! :D 

#bringShikariback