Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Here's what I figure. If we vote Othero and we hit MyLo or LyLo, we realize that we're in a huge pickle and that Othero was innocent. Then we analyze the hell out of this lynch train and the ones preceding it. Not seeing how people flip is very irritating and really throwing me personally, in terms of mafia goals.

Anyway I'm going to just throw out my current thought process, even though clearly some of these reads are likely to be wrong (as there are only five saboteurs and I list more than five people who I read suspiciously).

People I am currently not totally convinced of the towniness of atm:
    @Iosion, @Melali, @Falmiis, @Weiwae, @Krackenor, @Othero, @Synkarin (yes you, Synkarin, as I think you've been way quieter than you normally are in mafia games, and your role could easily swing one way or another).

People I am more or less inclined to trust until further notice:
    @Lehki, @Ushaara, @Lavinya, @Ssaliss (EVEN THOUGH I still contend he's a huge risk because if I was a converter I'd snag the heck of him, so he's not completely in the clear for me).

People who I have no super strong opinion of currently:
    @Yarith, @Tremula, @Breandryn, @Luce, @Vivet (Are we ever really sure we can trust Vivet though?).

Anyway, for lack of knowledge, Vote Othero. Here's hoping we haven't made a huge mistake.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Huh, where does that put the vote count? And what do you do when you reach 51% and I don't get lynched?
    I'm happy to unveil my second power at that point if need be. It's not hard to figure out.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm on mobile so only brief but I largely agree with Sylandra's suspicions. 

• I'm kinda considering doing a role reveal right now, but I wanna check something with Kira first.  If not today I'll probably do it next day phase but could we hold off the lynch train for a bit?
    Reveal if it helps town. I'll hold off finishing the lynch train in the meantime. Because I am the bastard who mocked Weiwae (sry dude you were shifty and I didn't know if the hurricane would cut my power that week, wanted to get a guaranteed pseudo-vote in).
    Daraius said:
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've been under the impression that Lehki is Sumireko Usami, and as such, have had a few theories on what the power could be. Rather curious how that will pan out versus the claim.

• After sleeping on it decided to just go with it. Was hoping to wait till I had something very good to go on, but not sure I'm not quite sure what to do next, and Town is so starved for info right now think we need everything we have.

So yeah, Vivet is right, I'm Sumireko Usami. My first power is "Girl from the outside world" which is just commuter. But you can see why I thought I was not native on the census.

My second power, "President of the Sealing Club", which I've used every night so far is I can ask Kira one question about the set up of the game, I've got a fairly solid idea for what we're up against, but still haven't been be able to guess the scum, and I'm not entirely sure what to ask next.

Here's what I've asked about so far.

Night 0:
    Q: How many different factions/groups are there?
    A: There's 3 scum groups/factions, and 6 third parties.

Night 1:
    Q: Is there a cult or something similar?
    A:  The answer basically boiled down to there's no standard cult, but a cult like power existed in the game.

Night 2:
    Q: How many different night kills are there?
    A: Was told that there are four killing powers in the game, though there may be more than 4 people who can kill.

Night 3:
    Q: Is there any theme or reason for why the characters who are in scum group together, are together, or is it just a random assortment of girls?
    A: I got a rundown of the god father's recruiting power, and was going to role reveal that day, but the coroner report came up and had basically all the info I just learned, which was good, but had me wishing I asked something else, heh.

Night 4:
    Q: Does the arsonist or anybody use duels to mark targets?
    A: No. 
  • So based off those answers, I believe we started the game with two similar godfathers, and an arsonist.  The first night Tamashi got lucky and recruited a viable candidate, which gave us the total of 4 on the first census. Since we're at 5 now, and not 6, think it's safe to say that that recruit did not inherit the recruitment power.  So we currently have 1 lone scum, a group of 3, and (probably) an arsonist running around.

For the kills, we've seen Vivet's day vig. There's the (probably) arsonist and the scum kill. One of the things I wanted to ask Kira about was if she could clarify was, if the two scum groups basic night kill would count as 1 "type" or not. So there's probably another kill out there. Maybe a mafia strongman, 

I have some ideas for what to ask next, but I'm not really sure on them.
    So definitely open to hearing some ideas.

I'm also worried that this is putting a target on myself, which is why I mentioned that I am also a commuter, and can just skip town instead if I'm feeling threatened
    My executioner power might have counted as a killing power, too. The amount of third parties strikes me as interesting, as we can rule out two of them as Cyndarin and Ileein now.

Idk tho. I guess I would wonder... Umm... I'm not a morning person, so let me think on this. That's a useful power though.
    Daraius said:
    Oh! Yeah I want to know why some of Tamashi's investigations worked and some didn't. I know it was about if he could convert people or not, but I want to know why certain individuals weren't convertable?
    Daraius said:
  • Actually looking back, I had specified in my question how many night kills. I'll double check with her to see if she can clarify on that too.
    Ah! In that case, yeah wouldn't be my power. It was day phase only.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Oh! Yeah I want to know why some of Tamashi's investigations worked and some didn't. I know it was about if he could convert people or not, but I want to know why certain individuals weren't convertable?
    Tamashi's investigation didn't work on me, so I assumed that meant he couldn't convert me. I personally chalked it up to my character being Buddhist and his being Taoist or something like that. Raised the 'Buddhist cult' question for me.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I thought you were a commuter, but the rest is confusing and surprising to me. That is a -lot- of third parties!
  • Yeah, though should be down to 4 now, with Pollux and Ratatoskr out.
    Would arsonist count as third party or just the individual scum faction?
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I have been quieter. Reason one is I (mistakenly) thought my power was stupid good. Reason two is this game is crazy hard and we're really just shooting in the dark almost every time. 

Especially now that we know we only have one more coroner report (possibly two IF Ssaliss gets that?), we need to be careful with how we proceed. 

I think Othero is a good choice (hence my vote) but I want to say Sylandra isn't exactly squeaky clean townie either. She falls into the same boat as Vivet for me (do we -ever- trust them?).

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Actually I don't think we have the coroner report anymore, believe Ushaara said it shared charged with the census.

I had only wanted the census used when we thought Ssaliss might get a copy of it, because I was already like 99% sure it was going to say 5 scum remaining, but was hard to come out and say that earlier. ):
    Lehki said:
    Actually I don't think we have the coroner report anymore, believe Ushaara said it shared charged with the census.

I had only wanted the census used when we thought Ssaliss might get a copy of it, because I was already like 99% sure it was going to say 5 scum remaining, but was hard to come out and say that earlier. ):
    Could you use your power as a poor man's census?
    Daraius said:
  • Um, I don't think so? It said I can ask a question about the setup of the game. Don't think I can ask about the current state.

It also specified that I couldn't ask somebody's alignment, or if somebody was lieing.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    ah man, we don't even have coroner reports anymore?

We dun blew that one. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Honestly, I think the current census was more powerful than any coroner we might've used. Thanks to this one, we know the people we lynched were all town, and as such we can trust them when it comes to powers. They have absolutely zero reasons to lie, and everything to gain from sharing their information.
  • And yeah. With a little bit of luck (although I don't count on it personally) I might be able to absorb used powers as well as current ones. Thus the experiment with Vivet (I assume you've used all your powers by now?)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    On the other hand, we're at a point now that we can't trust anyone we eliminate isn't scum, since I'm assuming we'd have seen an investigator report by now. Sheer dumb luck would dictate that we'd have hit on at least one mafioso. 

So we either have a silent investigator or coroner was our investigator. 
  • We had a traditional investigator in Ileein, but Cyndarin's lynching, while probably good in the long run, took it away.
  • I was thinking of asking if recruited town keep their orginal powers as scum, but I already strongly suspect that, so was hoping there might be something better to persue. 

I could ask stuff like how many roleblocks, or how many protection powers, to try a get a sense of what everybody has?

Sylandra had suggested asking why Tamashi couldn't get a read on certain people. And while it's totally possibly it was because they were already scum, I think there's reason some town might have been off limit too, like one person mentioned they were a Buddhist against Tamashi's Taoism. Or maybe certain town were off limits because scum nabbing their power would be unbalancing? And don't think Kira would give me the reason why for a specific person, maybe just all the actual possible reasons why somebody wouldn't be. 
    Which would still be useful, especially if one reason is "The Godfathers cannot convert another mafia's cult converts." Among other explanations.
    Daraius said:
  • Tamashi said:
    Ssaliss is actually Alice, the puppeteer
    Ileein is a powerful magician named Pollux
    Discerned nothing with Yarith because there was no real fight
    Othero was a powerful, arrogant, and cocky youkai. He outed himself after
    Nothing from Synkarin
    Nothing from Iosion
    Nothing from Kalaneya
    Luce is without mistake, Mokou no Fujiwara, the immortal human phoenix
    For future reference.
    Othero said he was Yuuka Kazami.
    Synkarin basically confirmed Cirno.
    Iosion, not sure we ever figured out who he was.
    I was Mamizou Futatsuiwa.

Dunno what Synkarin, Iosion, and myself have in common.

Idk what's up with him knowing Ileein.
  • Based on a comment Kira made when explaining the godfather's recruitment to me that kinda implied Ileein couldn't have been converted, I think Tamashi might have just been bluffing about seeing Pollux.  Hadn't Ilieen actually done his whole role reveal before Tamashi made the claim?