Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Zitto said:
    I am furiously reading the backlog now and will be chiming in to vote and likely claim within 1 to 1.5 hours.  The fearful spectre of radioactive butts has somewhat delayed my getting up to speed.
    There is a lot of backlog, isn't there? o:)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I am still not up to speed but have realized it is going to take longer than I thought.  I don't have much to lose by role-claiming.

I am Sanae Kochiya.  I am a little confused by the list of people not from Gensokyo because a quick wiki check says I came from the Outside World with the Moriya Shrine.  I am not sure why Iosion mentioned being a Gensokyo native, but I might be misunderstanding that or Io might not have googled it, there's no indication of the being from outside on my sheet.  Twice per game I can call upon the Goddesses of my shrine to add their vote to might.  I also have a pretty nice personal defense ability that will serve best as a surprise.  I win when Reimu learns she needed my help to fix her shrine.

So far, reading backwards a little bit and forwards up to page twenty, I find Othero the most suspicious for the early push on Ileein and because literally only having vote resilience seems unusual in this high-power game and generally from what I can remember from Kira's other games.  That said, I am not nearly sure enough to vote at the moment.

• So wait, does that mean you have a 3p goal?

Also, you(Iosion) survived a lynch yesterday. Was that your defensive power? 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Zitto: I think we determined that 'Gensokyo Native' is being used in this context to refer to the Touhouverse as a whole, much in the same way the Sun Druids, Slivvens, Humans, and Shaddus are considered Lusternians.
  • @Lehki It's flavor to say "townie wins with town."  If I survived a lynch, it means I have exhausted my defensive power, which is a shame.  It was one-shot immunity to any death regardless of means.  Anyone on top of things know if I used my bonus votes too?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Nope, you haven't used the bonus votes yet.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Thought: It might help Zitto if we summarize what our actions so far have been.

So! Hello, @Zitto, I'm your local executioner. I offed Tamashi on Day 1 at half votes, exhausting my one-time execution power. Tamashi turned out to be the Taoist cult leader, and he successfully recruited one other individual, who we still have not yet determined.

I'm also your local mocker! I can knock someone's required vote down by one vote each dayphase OR nightphase. I have only used this power once so far (Night 2, Weiwae) but am capable of using it again, as it refreshes daily.

I was roleblocked last night thanks to losing a duel last dayphase to Luce.  I lost intentionally.

I've pushed on every vote train we've had so far, particularly in the Siam and the Kalaneya ones, which unfortunately turned out to be town. (But I did execute Tamashi, a cult godfather, so woohoo for that.)

I've only accepted one duel (to Luce), but by forfeiting a duel to Ssaliss, he gained my ability to knock down a person's required vote total by 1 and can use it once.

And that's about it for me, I think. Also: I have Last Words but haven't used them yet.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    In that vein, I'm the Awesome, Immortal Phoenix Fujiwara no Mokou! So far I've been poisoned by Synkarin, maybe roleblocked once or twice, I dunno, and have won every duel I've been in, most of them wagered matches.

I hit Tamashi with Resiliency day 1, was one of the people to point out Cyndarin trying to bully Ileein, and I think I've participated in most of the pushes. Also, you're all jerks today, so I've voted for everybody. Blame ⑨.

I've admitted to a Last Word, which might actually be useful soon come to think, and to being immune to nightkills, among other things. I have no night actions.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Following the vein, I am Kyouko Kasodani, a humble shrine maiden. In addition to being the GOSH DARN CUTEST THING EVER, I've the ability to create an echo shield around a person each cycle (day or night, refreshes at twilight), but only once during the cycle. Anyone with my echo shield will have a boost to thee strength of their cards, and as I've seen, it gets stronger with each victory it "absorbs" (not Kira's words, mine for lack of a better explanation). I've only realised it during this game day, but it might lose strength if my target loses as well, so I'm going to be very careful who I put it on now.

I used it on Lavinya the first night (not knowing I wouldn't be able to use it during the day) and unfortunately she did not duel the following day. The next day I put it on...Luce, I think it was, to show that I really did have the power, and that it was entirely benign. The next day I placed it on someone else and lost, and today I put it on myself to test its growth properties and upon requesting clarification after winning saw that the value for strength I had been given did increase.

I figure I'll be super useful later on, once my echo shield has grown, so we can lock potential scum out of actions for the night, make them weaker, take away their spellcards, etc. as necessary.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'm Yuuka Kazami, the strongest Yuokai in the game. I'm very polite and as long as no one hurts my flowers I won't hurt them. Which means I can't challenge in duels. In exchange I have really strong cards, I need a 66% majority to be voted out, I can't lose my vote, and my last word lets me automatically win one fight. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm Kasen Ibaraki, and I've had several one-shot powers that I've used up, probably poorly but what's done is done. Still got a one-shot protect left.

Something has occurred to me - was @Krackenor one of the two people who visited Yarith? I think someone said they were one of the two, but I can't remember who that was now.

• Nah, tracking a confirmed jailer seems like a waste of time given that their power is so visible. On that note though...@Ssaliss, are you saying you only got 'tracker' out of me? If so, that may reveal something about your power and its limitations.
  • Yeah. I don't get much fluff; for instance, I raised quite a few eyebrows about how Ushaara being a blocker somehow proved you're not the arsonist... Essentially, I get told "You got a one-shot x power from y" (granted, Sylandras mockery power did have a little more detail about what it did, since it's not a "standard" power).

Also, since he offered:

@Othero! I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem!
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Had only been two reports of people being blocked other than Vivet's block of Falmiis. With Ileein out of the game, figured you'd realise that I must have been the one to block the tracker reporter!

I'm Eiki Shiki, judge of the dead. I had a joint census/coroner power but no more uses there, and can subject people to one of my sermons, role blocking them.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    By the way, which Touhou character are you Sylandra?
    Ushaara said:
    By the way, which Touhou character are you Sylandra?
    Hahahaha, I figured someone was going to eventually ask that. I've held off because my character name had a whiff of miller-esque-ness: Mima, the spirit of vengeance.

Sometimes she is like this but right now she is like this, which is to say adorably troll-y. She wants Reimu back because she enjoys messing with Reimu and is annoyed and bored by the lack of things to do. I can 100% assure you that I was surprised to receive this character and her powers, only to realize she is town. But I promise you from the bottom of my mafia-riddled heart, it is exactly what happened.
    Daraius said:
  • I am Yuugi Hoshiguma, a powerful oni. I'm just sticking around, using my great strength to carry construction materials.

Every night, I can spar with people (which they don't notice). I then know whether or not they are weak or strong (vulnerable to nightkills or not) and, since I'm not weak, I can go all out once on someone, killing a weak person.

I knew that Ileein was immune to nightkills after the first night. Siam, Ssaliss, and Ushaara are all weak/vulnerable to nightkills. I was then jailed last night. Other than that, I haven't done any actions.
  • I am Shu from ... chimera world. 

I'm a jailer with unlimited jailing. I can't jail myself or run away or anything, I just jail people and at this point I really have no idea who I should be jailing, tbh.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I'm Rinnosuke Morichika. I have items. I research items and can give items out of people. Lavinya robbed me because she's mean. I also can research a spellcard used in the previous day. I started with 0 spellcards and kept having to forfeit duels because everyone wanted to see me fight!
  • Ssaliss said:
    Yeah. I don't get much fluff; for instance, I raised quite a few eyebrows about how Ushaara being a blocker somehow proved you're not the arsonist... Essentially, I get told "You got a one-shot x power from y" (granted, Sylandras mockery power did have a little more detail about what it did, since it's not a "standard" power).

Also, since he offered:

@Othero! I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem!
    I shall use my  Malice Cannon Activate ability.
  • I can see people's spell cards and copy spells when I win a battle. So far the cards haven't told me much, and I was able to confirm that Breandryn didn't start with any spell cards.
  • I accept your challenge Ssaliss! We fight for honor. Willowisp in the garden!
    Wait you're doing an exhibition match? Those don't trigger Ssaliss's ability though.
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Can we just vote Othero off and move on?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • More secrecy from Othero :/
  • No, that's me not paying 100% attention to Ssaliss' skill. He didn't suggest anything to fight for, I didn't want to pick something and have everyone go "Oh my god you picked that?! You must be scum", so I picked an exhibition thinking it would still trigger. 
  • Screwing up a games special mechanics is going to become my "thing".
  • For wasting my cannon.... vote Othero
    If you're town, Othero, you have to admit this is hilarious. I'm cackling on the bus like a weirdo.
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Or is your 'thing' a brilliant scum move multiple games in the making.....

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.