Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Phoebus said:
    Pectus said:
    Phoebus said:
    Sigh, I can't say I'm terribly happy with my October artisanal. The deadline really snuck up on me. "I want to do something besides just another portrait this time!" I said, earlier this month. So tonight, I submitted...a hastily-drawn portrait! Of course. Of course. 
    You can't post without sharing! You're an amazing artist, even if you are an art-tease.
    I didn't post it because I am not crazy about it, but because you kind of indirectly asked me to, I will share. I drew this lucidian dude. It's not any dude in particular. I wanted to make the coloring more gemstone-like, but I realized I had only a few minutes left while still drawing in his spikies, so I panicked and gave him the quickest shiny treatment I could, accidentally flattening his nose and eyes in the process. A skilled colorist, I am not.

<pic>
    Luce said:
    I believe her piece is in the running this month?
    I don't believe there's any rule against sharing work before it's judged, if that's what you mean. Please do correct me if I'm wrong, as I hate to break a rule, but I've certainly never seen it come up across the many years that artwork has been posted on the forums before it was ever submitted.
    Judging is blind last we were told, some odd years ago. That you shouldn't post any artisanals that are running until after they are judged.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I think it's pretty easy to tell who drew what unless it's a first time entrant, but I'll remove the picture if that's really how things are. I can't say I've ever seen it enforced, but shrugs.
  • Craaaaaaaaates
  • Phoebus said:
    Pectus said:
    Phoebus said:
    Sigh, I can't say I'm terribly happy with my October artisanal. The deadline really snuck up on me. "I want to do something besides just another portrait this time!" I said, earlier this month. So tonight, I submitted...a hastily-drawn portrait! Of course. Of course. 
    You can't post without sharing! You're an amazing artist, even if you are an art-tease.
    I didn't post it because I am not crazy about it, but because you kind of indirectly asked me to, I will share. I drew this lucidian dude. It's not any dude in particular. I wanted to make the coloring more gemstone-like, but I realized I had only a few minutes left while still drawing in his spikies, so I panicked and gave him the quickest shiny treatment I could, accidentally flattening his nose and eyes in the process. A skilled colorist, I am not. You'll have to imagine it, because I've removed it unless notified otherwise.

<there was a picture here. It's gone now.>

<Edit: I'm a little drunk so I drew a replacement image, I think I'm hilarious but I'm probably not>

Luce said:
    I believe her piece is in the running this month?
    I don't believe there's any rule against sharing work before it's judged, if that's what you mean. Please do correct me if I'm wrong, as I hate to break a rule, but I've certainly never seen it come up across the many years that artwork has been posted on the forums before it was ever submitted.
    I dunnnooo. I think that image alone is worth artisanal. 10/10 hohoho

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited November 2016
    The nice promotion just has to get rolled out on a month where I'll mostly be settling bills.

edit:

@CyndarinAscends COME OUT OF RETIREMENT! Old Glommies are back!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• You grow still and begin to pray silently for preservation of your soul while you are out of the land.

[Order event stuff starts to happen.]

[ INFO ]  -  Socket got disconnected. The remote host closed the connection

This seems to happen to me decently often, actually. Sorry godmins.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Breandryn said:

Never thought I'd be jealous of an eight-year-old, but there we have it.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Hate when Lusternia doesn't provide the relief I hope it will expect it to. Not supposed to compound bad feelings, darn it.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think the moonblade is a weapon for experts not adepts, if you wield it, wield it well." Lips pursed in thought Seer Pachima Mologmomo waves her hands enigmatically over the crystal ball, dismissing the cloudy sky from within.

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think you should not dismiss the hunt for in it is the cycle of nature." Lips pursed in thought Seer Pachima Mologmomo waves her hands enigmatically over the crystal ball, dismissing the cloudy sky from within.

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think the golden torc is the key to friendship, find it." Lips pursed in thought Seer Pachima Mologmomo waves her hands enigmatically over the crystal ball, dismissing the cloudy sky from within.

All of Lehki's fortune's were "well duh" moments. I laughed
  • edited November 2016
    Ok, now I'm starting to wonder. Did nobody else get the "oh hey lots of red doom text and now the room is falling apart and your most dreaded nightmares are coming" fortune? :/
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lavy had some fortunes that struck far, faaaaaar too close to home. I don't know if it was lucky coincidence or someone out there is still messing with her head but dayum.

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think the one who waits has grown impatient. Be ever wary of what lurks behind you."

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think you should watch your step. More waits for you on the forest floor than rot and decay."

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think Mother Night watches you in your sleep. Lucky you, I guess? Probably."

After some of what's been going on recently, these made me super wary.

• I saw somebody else get one, though don't have the log still.
  • I had one about a leprechaun taking Trist's money.
    Then one that all her dreams would come true complete with pink text blurbs (lol no) and figured I should stop while I was ahead.
    Went back today and figured what the heck, and got a the red fortune of doom, well, something about obstacles in the path. not doom doom, but the red text was scary!
  • Oh, mine was literally (paraphrased) "Your worst nightmare is coming!!!!" It was eerily in line with how RP has been going! I love it, it gives us really fun stuff to fold in and play with. :)
  • My three were...

The table shudders beneath the crystal ball as a miniature bolt of lightning appears to have struck within.

Curiously, to the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "What are you going to show me, my darling?"

The cloudy essence within the crystal ball parts, revealing a clear sky with but a single cloud contained within that Seer Pachima Mologmomo peers into inquisitively.

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think the flame purifies but also destroys, be careful how you fan it lest you burn down the forest."
    Lips pursed in thought Seer Pachima Mologmomo waves her hands enigmatically over the crystal ball, dismissing the cloudy sky from within.

-----------

The image within the crystal ball shifts, golden light filling it with swirls that mingle with the silvery essence trapped within.

Smiling, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my! That's a good portent."

The library is illuminated with a warm glow of the crystal ball as an image forms for Seer Pachima Mologmomo to decipher.

Chuckling, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "My my! Aren't you lucky, it would appear that though the night was long, the day will be even longer for you. Nice!"
    With a gentle caress Seer Pachima Mologmomo dispells the warm glow filling the crystal ball, readying it for the next client.

-----------

Trickles of warm light fill the crystal ball, illuminating the library with a faint pink aura.

Grinning, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "My, what do we have heeeere!"

An image forms within the crystal ball and Seer Pachima Mologmomo's eyes widen as she beholds the secrets contained therein.

With a whistle, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "Quite the big dreams you've got there! If I'm seeing it right a throne is in your future, whether of your own design or one granted to you by others. Good luck!"
    With a dismissive gesture Seer Pachima Mologmomo dispells the pale pink glow filling the crystal ball, readying it for the next client.

------

So like, maintain the balance of zealotry? (Enough to push forward, not enough to get us destroyed). Bad times turning into good times, and Saran's going to be a leader again?
  • The first fortune I got was one with clouds, very fitting for Hallifax:

Gazing into the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Yesss, yes! I can see... I can see..."
    Seer Pachima Mologmomo peers into the crystal ball intently, hands moving in enigmatic gestures about its surface.

The image within the crystal ball shifts, swirls of energy churning eagerly.

The table shudders beneath the crystal ball as a miniature bolt of lightning appears to have struck within.

Curiously, to the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "What are you going to show me, my darling?"

The cloudy essence within the crystal ball parts, revealing a clear sky with but a single cloud contained within that Seer Pachima Mologmomo peers into inquisitively.

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think there is a cloud out there, just waiting to rain on you when you get back home."

Lips pursed in thought Seer Pachima Mologmomo waves her hands enigmatically over the crystal ball, dismissing the cloudy sky from within.

And at the second try, I got this:

Chuckling, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "My my! Aren't you lucky, it would appear that where others have failed, you will succeed. Nice!"

So it seems like Thyelleia might encounter rain but somehow succeed with something.

• The image within the crystal ball shifts, swirls of energy churning eagerly.

The room shudders as a wave of energy lashes out of the crystal ball, upsetting books lined high upon the bookshelves.

Eyes reflecting the angry light of the crystal ball, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "Oh no, no no, this is bad!"

The crystal ball shimmers with a malevolent light, drawing long shadows everywhere except Seer Pachima Mologmomo's face.

Hands cradling her face, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "I'm afraid that your fortune and future are too horrid even for me to repeat.... The crystal ball never lies!"
    Seer Pachima Mologmomo shakes her head sadly as she moves her hands over the ball, dispelling the latest reading like a bad dream.
    -------------

Ok this was a bit addictive. Highly enjoyable!

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think Mother Moon smiles upon your endeavours, whether fondly or with envy I cannot tell."

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think the oakvine tightens, be careful where you tread."

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think the naiad envies you, you are more than she will ever be."

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think the White Hart thinks of you fondly."

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think the flame purifies but also destroys, be careful how you fan it lest you burn down the forest."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited November 2016
    EDIT: 

Lerad fixed it, I'm dumb. What I get for sneaking out of the house when Vatul wasn't looking.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I didn't save them but if I didn't close mudlet they might still be available. I got the sake as Lavinya,  the impatient lurker, then one about a woman and fire and finally about the wyrd conquering all.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited November 2016
    Tremula said:
    I'll admit I'm...uh...a little disappointed in mine. Did I miss a syntax somewhere? 

Though I will admit it's slightly funny that the one who can't talk is not getting any fortunes.
    Were you deaf or something? It would've blocked the say from coming through.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited November 2016
    Lerad said:
    Tremula said:
    I'll admit I'm...uh...a little disappointed in mine. Did I miss a syntax somewhere? 

Though I will admit it's slightly funny that the one who can't talk is not getting any fortunes.
    Were you deaf or something? It would've blocked the say from coming through.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I'M DUMB. OKAY. 

Edit: I'm also going to fail terribly in my next endeavour, setting me back a few years.

The Divine are very pleased with me, and I should be expecting something ~good~ soon.

Sneaky pigeons are snooping at the files I carry.

I shouldn't be signing any blood contracts soon. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My three were that I'd succeed where everyone else failed, that My next/first shop would be a success, and that The Board knows but won't do anything about-wait wrong timeline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I got asked "the briefcase is sated, but are you? There is more to life than work." And was told my next design would be the envy of the Basin, which is just proof that if you pay someone enough they will say nice things about you.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    This woman is shifty.

You give 9,500 gold sovereigns to Seer Pachima Mologmomo.
    Pushing the money to the side, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "Excellent, excellent! Make yourself comfortable and lay your hands upon the crystal ball that it may savour your energy!"
    [HINT]: You can now TOUCH BALL HERE to let it taste of your energy.

With a shrug of her shoulders, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "I suppose I will read someone else's fortune first then and consider the coin a donation."
    Seer Pachima Mologmomo looks about expectantly.

You reach out and touch a mysterious crystal ball.
    Your fingers tingle as the crystal ball refuses to taste your energy.

You reach out and touch a mysterious crystal ball.
    Your fingers tingle as the crystal ball refuses to taste your energy.

You give 9,500 gold sovereigns to Seer Pachima Mologmomo.
    Pushing the money to the side, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "Excellent, excellent! Make yourself comfortable and lay your hands upon the crystal ball that it may savour your energy!"
    [HINT]: You can now TOUCH BALL HERE to let it taste of your energy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • err why are you giving her that much gold?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Every time you get your fortune told, the price for the next one goes up 500 gold.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited November 2016
    Oh, that's odd. She still accepted 500 gold for my 2nd and third fortune.

edit:

Ohh. Missed the changelog announcing this.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• The one I got was something like... The pilgrims will come to the Light if you speak up louder. ... Apparently I'm supposed to begin shouting at people.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I forgot to save the fortunes I got the first time around, so I got three new ones.

Eyebrows rising, Seer Pachima Mologmomo says, "Oh my, the cloud is shaped like a... oh, right! I think deep within the shadows, something stirs, beware of its prowl."

Chuckling, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "My my! Aren't you lucky, it would appear that someone you have been wanting to meet will soon come into your life. Nice!"

Chuckling, Seer Pachima Mologmomo exclaims, "My my! Aren't you lucky, it would appear that though the night was long, the day will be even longer for you. Nice!"

Truda, taking things too literally, doesn't see what's so lucky about day being longer than night, and is not happy with that last one.
This discussion has been closed.