Simple Ideas

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    RENEW CUDGEL/STAFF

Costs 5p - Resets the decay timer. Usable once the decay timer falls to 6 months or below. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

+1 to Blacktalon getting scythes/cudgel-scythes/variations thereof
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    OrgWhips? Lightning rod for Halli (LIGHTNINGSTRIKE <tar> (electic)), Flame Poi for Gaudi (FIREDANCE <tar> (fire)), Scythe for glom (REAP <tar> (Cutting)), Aspergillium for Celest (SANCTIFY <tar> (divinus)), Kris dagger for Mag (DESECRATE <tar> (excorporeal)), and Bone Club for Seren (BRAIN <tar> (blunt)). Or just org-themed goop-reskins for whips.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I may or may not have a Glaive-That-Is-Definitely-Not-A-Scythe that's super Drocillan, but I cannot confirm its existence because of how strangely I would have had to describe it for it to get through hypothetical approval. <_<
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    -still saving 500 dbs for the only scythe arti-

#bringShikariback 

• Crow druids with scythes is a beautifully terrifying mental image.
  • Druids already get a sickle though. You can wield the nature talisman (sickle) and cudgel at the same time for maximum cool factor.

• PKWHO. 

Basically like RPWHO, only if you have it turned on you are ready and willing for person to person combat! It would be kind of open for abuse, but I imagine a little warning when you turn it on about how you take responsibility for your death from it could fix any issues.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think this already exists with combat rankings.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Just gonna say: From experience in trying to get class weapons - druid weapons in particular - changed to be specific to each spec and more interesting, it's a surer bet if there is a mechanical change that goes alongside it. We've long had some redesigns for cudgels that keep the basic shape intact but dramatically change the flavour and attacks of each to match Crow and Hart (and BT/HS) flavor but have been told that it wasn't going to happen unless the cudgels themselves changed due to a report or an event. 

In other words, make some idea up for (slightly?) changing the underlying mechanics and push for scythes or w/e. Change Wyrdenwood Noose (which is lowkey broken anyways) to a scythe!
  • Breandryn said:
    Maligorn said:
    Druids already get a sickle though. You can wield the nature talisman (sickle) and cudgel at the same time for maximum cool factor.
    The sickle has a much different cultural resonance than the scythe, though. Sickles are for healing and growth and have positive connotations in (western) history and myth, such as the golden sickle for mistletoe harvesting, which was a (reported) druidic ritual for health and good fortune. Even in its symbology for the communist party, the sickle nowadays represents positive, peaceful change in labor, and its original selection (instead of a scythe) as a representation of the farmers/peasants was because of its historical appearance in heraldry in Russia, where it represented bountiful harvests, growth, etc.

The scythe, on the other hand, really exploded into popular symbology during/after the black death, when medieval artists appropriated it to represent death, and that link has stuck in the cultural memory. An interesting historical footnote: this is around the time that the scythe started to become more widely used in Europe, replacing the less-efficient sickle. The plague's devastation + improved self-sufficiency are what led to the middle class and eventually industrialization, so part of this negative image conceivably had quietly insidious political/classist roots. The use of scythes in battle by peasants as makeshift polearms probably also helped contribute to this negative/death connotation. The sickle, on the other hand, was romanticized as time went on (as outdated technology tends to be), especially with the resurgence of interest in druidism during the Romantic period (~1700s). 

tl;dr: Scythes are cooler and scarier
    Fair enough. Thanks for enlightening me :D

• With maps included into the goop cap, can maps be changed to only be one location instead of three? Or at least one location for the maps that are going to give goop.
  • Maligorn said:
    Breandryn said:

tl;dr: Scythes are cooler and scarier
    Fair enough. Thanks for enlightening me :D
    Heh, np, sorry for rambling. I studied some of this stuff in college and my fingers got away from me.
  • Siam said:
    +1 to Blacktalon getting scythes/cudgel-scythes/variations thereof
    Siam said:
    -still saving 500 dbs for the only scythe arti-
    I could swear the dingbat one is 700 but if you wield it it lets you decapitate an adventurers  corpse.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Enyalida said:
    Just gonna say: From experience in trying to get class weapons - druid weapons in particular - changed to be specific to each spec and more interesting, it's a surer bet if there is a mechanical change that goes alongside it. We've long had some redesigns for cudgels that keep the basic shape intact but dramatically change the flavour and attacks of each to match Crow and Hart (and BT/HS) flavor but have been told that it wasn't going to happen unless the cudgels themselves changed due to a report or an event. 

In other words, make some idea up for (slightly?) changing the underlying mechanics and push for scythes or w/e. Change Wyrdenwood Noose (which is lowkey broken anyways) to a scythe!
    You mean like, and this is just off the top of my head, the dissolution/resolution of Guilds into Factions, as an example?
    Yep.
  • Would be nice to be able to set discounts specifically for those that have COL or NOV rank within a guild, to make starting out a bit easier for novices.  Once they enter into the guild proper, they start paying full price, unless the shopkeeper has discounted them for whatever reason.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
    I love the casual aside to Wyrdenwood. I love it.

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ayisdra said:
    With maps included into the goop cap, can maps be changed to only be one location instead of three? Or at least one location for the maps that are going to give goop.
    I second this. I can instantly rub my genies for the same gain, but for maps you have to roam all over the place THREE times which is super annoying. Finding treasure on the first go should be plenty work enough!

• Enyalida said:

Clarification?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Fesix Letterpouch (ok, it needs a better name): 100 credits. Provides infinite letters. Only the owner can take letters from this pouch and write on them. Letters from pouches will always show whose they are. 50 credits to customize your letterhead. Pouch also allows you to mail these (only these) letters from anywhere, with a customized delivery beast.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited November 2016
    It's not really a big deal, for reasons, but it's the only ranged entangle (or hinder really, writ large besides the problematic paradigmatics ult) in the game and it can be combined with runes or dream motes.

The counter to being sniped at range by line-of-sight attacks is to shield, something that Wyrdenwood noose alone hinders at that same line-of-sight range. Can't shield yourself if one of those snipers hitting you is also entangling you at the same time. They can also smack you with nyd in the same combo, a sniper group's dream. There are other baked in combat meta reasons that this could be particularly problematic in the hands of a Glom class, but it doesn't come up because of other factors - like wyrdenwoods being particularly rare because of how woodchems... are - so it's not been a pressing  problem. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I have to agree, ranged entangle is pretty crazy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Fesix Letterpouch (ok, it needs a better name): 100 credits. Provides infinite letters. Only the owner can take letters from this pouch and write on them. Letters from pouches will always show whose they are. 50 credits to customize your letterhead. Pouch also allows you to mail these (only these) letters from anywhere, with a customized delivery beast.
    This would be awesome! Is there a portable desk arti already, though? If not, that would also be super helpful in conjunction with this.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Clipboard. Comes in Gnomish and 6 goop-enhanced flavours for extra kick!
  • Luce said:
    Clipboard. Comes in Gnomish and 6 goop-enhanced flavours for extra kick!
    My life just changed. <3<3<3

You form 2500 aethergoop into a charred and broken clipboard (#227344).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Why are you trying to put me out of business. :open_mouth:
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited November 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Would prefer if it just stopped letter decay.
     #MakeDaraiusWork
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: