Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Weather hampering movement still miffs me. Annoying high wind speeds.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Oh my goodness, so many messages. SO MANY MESSAGES.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Why are there no Glomdoring-themed choices for lookmsg and entermsg? :(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Phoebus said:
    appropriate bank
    You have transferred 107940 gold from the bank into the city coffers.

---

...dude. That's a lot of bank fees.
    Institute bought some things... so most of that is probably ours >.=.>

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Seems to me that whenever I try to do this 3 bards, scholars, pilgrims things, I never ever have trouble with pilgrims, but bards are always a rare treat.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Bards are split over two large areas (mountains and roads), plus there are fewer of them (I believe 5 in each).

That definitely makes them harder to locate.
  • Yeah. I think there's 10 bards and 12 scholars. I'm not quite sure about Pilgrims, but I think there's at least 15.
  • I've had 12 bards before, so I suspect there is an equal number of them - you are just more likely to miss them due to the extra area to cover, the probability that someone else will be looking as well, and the chance that they might repop onto a section of mountain/highway you've already covered before you reach where they were before.

I've had up to 20 pilgrims, but never more.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    It's 12 bards, 12 scholars, and 20 pilgrims total.
    Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the "views" counter on the forums is wrong?

It is always, always, always a number ending in 1.  So it goes 11, 21, 31, 41, etc.  Except when it gets over a thousand and just cuts off the totals altogether.
  • I wanna see a coming attractions trailer for the Plot Climax this year.  @Estarra, get the Videocam out and make one...
    [BANNERCODE]
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited November 2012
    Going from the 1k to the 10k vermin killing achievement might be the most soul destroying thing ever. And I am only just 100 kills into it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Faragan is awesome. That is all.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Tacita said:
    Going from the 1k to the 10k vermin killing achievement might be the most soul destroying thing ever. And I am only just 100 kills into it.
    It is not as bad as it seems if you don't think about it.  I managed 2,500 of them over the course of the greathunt.
  • Just don't count them.
  • I always find the guardian classes/guilds to be the most interesting...
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Discovering that getting knuckles and a cloak for figurines does diddly crap, and just makes them lose over and over.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The wheel won't give me curio pieces.
    :((

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I have all these ideas and no energy to follow through on them. Sigh.
  • I have updated my gestalt. No longer shall dependency upon physical damage be my achilles heel.
  • So... who goes to the world stage and illusions a revolt start just to interrupt someone chatting anyway?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited November 2012
    People doing that is why I always check politics first. It's a good way to make sure you don't die to guards :(.
  • How do I mine for fish.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I never used to hate revolts with the intensity of a thousand burning suns.  :-S

• Aww, but I liked that revolt. There was some actual tension, and Glom had a bit of a rough start.
  • Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I propose that the total amount of essence that are required to open the doors is 500 motes.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Sort of liking this curio stuff, even if nobody wants to give me the pieces I need.

I have seen the light. In about four months I might even be playing Psychodrama!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Right. I'm thinking I'll start to just go to Norgur and tell him the place is done, because counting certainly never seems to work.
    Kiradawea said:
    Right. I'm thinking I'll start to just go to Norgur and tell him the place is done, because counting certainly never seems to work.
    It's bugged.  I have a very length report in on it explaining what exactly is going on, so hopefully it will be fixed.

In the meantime, I can assure you that counting does work, but approximately 50% of the time the quest spawns in an unsolvable state.
This discussion has been closed.