General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:
    People killing you because you D/C'd mid fight is not grounds to give them snark. It's happened to most of us at some time, 'it happens.

If your ISP is constantly FUBAR though, you have my sympathies for the frustration of frequent drop-outs, throw your annoyance in the direction of your provider, not other people playing a game who aren't psychic and have no means to tell if you are online or not.
    It's not mid fight, it's me getting out of the prison after the 20th or so jump by he knows who. I was out of the UV, so I have 5 bubblixes, a cubix, and an orgbix to use. If I'm just standing there instead is plenty of reason to give them snark.

Let's put something into perspective.  If you go around smack talking ICly, have earned your status as an enemy to multiple orgs someone is in, routinely join in fights that you have little business to be in from an IC perspective other than fighting for the sake of fighting, and are having ISP problems, buck up and don't hunt in enemy territories.  It is not someone else's fault that you had a lapse of judgement and took a risk that didn't turn out for you.  

I'm sorry that you're experiencing ISP troubles, but you can't expect people to just stop attacking you because you stopped doing stuff.  There's any number of reasons why someone might pause their system, not limited to but including an accidental hit of an alias.  So you died.  Oh well.  The Illithoid (and me) will still be there tomorrow.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    And I'm sure in all of your PK you've never killed someone who DC'd?

Seriously, bad luck that your net fails the second you're outdoors. DC aside, it's impressive that Kio managed to keep pursuit fast enough to not lose aggression on you. That's at least 4 zone changes to have to use map on and a recovery timer jumping through the seal.
    Not really. I can be out of UV in exactly 15 seconds... with a pigwidgeon following me.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    You know what... never mind. This is a monumental waste of time.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Daraius said:
    In other news, I think my blind dog is going deaf now. :(
    I'm sorry to hear that. My dog who we got within 2 weeks of me being born was blind, deaf, had no teeth and constantly had the sniffles nearing the end of her life, poor thing. If we wanted her to come to use we had to tap on the floor so she would feel it and come. I sympathize with you sir and hope that your pup stays healthy.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    The day I've feared has come.  My son has figured out that his clothing is not magically stuck on him, and that it stays on his body via his will alone.  Several times now, I've looked up from homework to see what was a dressed two year old running around buck naked.

I am not amused.
  • Tarkenton said:
    The day I've feared has come.  My son has figured out that his clothing is not magically stuck on him, and that it stays on his body via his will alone.  Several times now, I've looked up from homework to see what was a dressed two year old running around buck naked.

I am not amused.

...I sure am.
  • Two year olds do rather like to strip themselves. I'm fairly amused by this too.

(I also have dealt with some 80 year olds that like to do that. That's much less amusing.)
  • Hiriako said:
    Two year olds do rather like to strip themselves. I'm fairly amused by this too.

(I also have dealt with some 80 year olds that like to do that. That's much less amusing.)

Gonna have to say yea, this is pretty funny, too.

Yay for nekkid.
  • Tarkenton said:

I am not amused.
    The answer is staples. :D
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yeah man, staple the clothes right to the kid.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I've seriously considered it.  But, on the off chance that he ends up with tetanus, decided it probably wasn't a good idea.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I get killed by people all the time on my phone. Don't feel bad.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited September 2013
    Tarkenton said:
    I've seriously considered it.  But, on the off chance that he ends up with tetanus, decided it probably wasn't a good idea.
    Alcohol on the wounds.

It'll go directly into his blood system and build up a tolerance level that sees him out drink his entire fraternity come college.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KioKio
    edited September 2013
    I bought a pack of cigarettes. I'm so disappointed in myself : /
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Throw it away! Feel much better!
    @Morkarion, I'll run that by the wife.

@Kio BOO, HISS, do what @Xenthos says.
  • Tarkenton said:

@Morkarion, I'll run that by the wife.

@Kio BOO, HISS, do what @Xenthos says.
    I made it three and a half weeks! Between work stress, almost getting kicked out, a firmly ingrained inability to handle social conflicts, and some silly law about not driving or operating machinery under the influence, I fell off the wagon. :(
  • Rancoura said:
    some silly law about not driving or operating machinery under the influence, I fell off the wagon. :(
    ...Literally?

This made me giggle.
    Is there some kind of Lusternian law that mandates a connectivity failure the second you have something planned? Basically whenever I commit to any specific date and time, that's when my connection drops.  :-L

Glad I made it back in eventually!
    I used to make cakes.

• That awkward moment when you're trying to decide what to do with your life. I've spent the last four semesters being a welding major. I'm now coming to realise that I SUCK at welding. Doesn't matter what I do, my welds always turn out like shit.

So I'm having a crisis over here trying to figure out whether or not I need to change majors, or just try and weather through it and see if I can get better by force of will (which has yet to happen, despite my efforts). The issue is that if I change majors, I risk switching to a higher unemployment risk, as well as risking running out of financial aid money.

I really, really hate my life sometimes.
    come2mag
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Tynghall said:
    That awkward moment when you're trying to decide what to do with your life. I've spent the last four semesters being a welding major. I'm now coming to realise that I SUCK at welding. Doesn't matter what I do, my welds always turn out like shit.

So I'm having a crisis over here trying to figure out whether or not I need to change majors, or just try and weather through it and see if I can get better by force of will (which has yet to happen, despite my efforts). The issue is that if I change majors, I risk switching to a higher unemployment risk, as well as risking running out of financial aid money.

I really, really hate my life sometimes.
    I'd suggest ducking into a double major or a minor in a completely different field, if it's going that sourly. If you can't do either, I'd say weather it through and supplement yourself with self-taught skills in other fields.
    Petroleum engineering is the highest paying major, according to out friends at NPR.
    I used to make cakes.

• KioKio
    edited September 2013
    I just had a twenty minute breakdown with the assistant director. Apparently everything is such a mess because they're trying to change the way things are to be done. The new supervisor is the only one who's been told this.

If you're going to change procedure (let alone change the rules), you should probably tell the people who actually do the crap. The lack of structure is going to give me a panic attack.

I did CBT in college. It was a recommendation of one of my professors after explaining to her that medication tends to have some sloppy side effects for me. I clearly have not done enough, because no amount of counting, shaking my hand, breathing, or drawing the infinity symbol on my leg is helping me deal with this.

Being talked to like a child doesn't help much, especially when I get really sensitive when freaking out. I'm hoping our chat will help, as she mentioned talking to the director about having a staff meeting to explain things. I just want them to post these new jobs so I can have a chance to get out of the warehouse.

Maybe it's time to stop avoiding my anxiety about grad school and finally finish my writing sample.
  • One of the jobs I'm working now is at a grocery store, putting together online orders for delivery. We had this one order for $2500 worth of stuff, that's 10 times the size of our average orders and took up a huge chunk of our storage space when it was all together. For two weeks this lady has been giving us excuses about why she can't get the order delivered today and could we do it in a few days? And now she just canceled it because we told her we needed her to commit to a time. 3 of us just spent the last hour going through all the stuff we had ready for her seeing what could be put back on the shelf and what had expired.

And my other job just called me in as I was typing this so doing another 13 hour day now. Weeeee money/exhaustion.
  • On Saturday I experienced not one, but 2 flat tires.   

I was driving my dad's 92 F350 up to Idaho to haul some things home.  About half-way there, I heard what sounded like rustling grocery bags(I had a few in the back of the truck).  I ignored it for a few more seconds until the truck started pulling hard to the right.  I pulled over and discovered the front passenger tire had blown out completely.  I got the truck jacked up and was putting the spare on when my dad leaned on the valve stem and popped it loose, causing the slow deflation of the spare tire.   We had to walk into town, taking turns rolling the spare tire.  We finally got back up and going though.

Several hours later, late at night, I was driving through the mountains and suddenly had a deer run in front of me. I completely obliterated him.  Fortunately, the truck was completely unharmed, and that's all that matters...oh, and we were safe.

Stangmar - Retired

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Apparently when I eat oats or corn-based cereal, it ferments in my stomach.

TMI? Yeah, for me too.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So basically, you're a walking still? That's... both a bit weird and a bit awesome.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Shaddus said:
    Apparently when I eat oats or corn-based cereal, it ferments in my stomach. TMI? Yeah, for me too.
    Does it work with grapes and grapejuice as well?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited September 2013
    In a way, we're all kind of walking stills. All sorts of things go in one end, and come out the other end with certain substances concentrated out. ;)