Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• edited November 2012
    How do you know that counting works? I got someone with tracking to check for me the other day, and the prints showed three foxes that seemed to be utterly unfindable, hence why I have my own doubts about counting working. This instance, I did not have a tracker to check prints, but three counts gave me 10 rabbits and 2 foxes, which should work.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited November 2012
    Kiradawea said:
    How do you know that counting works? I got someone with tracking to check for me the other day, and the prints showed three foxes that seemed to be utterly unfindable, hence why I have my own doubts about counting working. This instance, I did not have a tracker to check prints, but three counts gave me 10 rabbits and 2 foxes, which should work.
    1) Tracking does not work.  You cannot use prints to solve the puzzle.  It does not appropriately display the foxes primarily.
    2) I know that counting works because I've solved it 6 times so far this weekend via counting. :P

PS: 10/2 will not work.  Neither will 5/1.
  • Which doesn't explain how counting never ends up working for me, but using trackers have given me more reliable results in the past.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    edited November 2012
    Kiradawea said:
    Which doesn't explain how counting never ends up working for me, but using trackers have given me more reliable results in the past.
    If it's lucky, it can have enough foxes spawn to match the tracking PRINTS report; that would be the only real scenario where that works, from my own observations.

Trust me, I am a warrior, I switched to tracking to try and nail this quest down.  I found that it doesn't work, at all.  I solve it via manual counting versus what PRINTS tells me, because there are foxes which can spawn in an inaccessible room that are not counted by Norgur, but do show up on PRINTS.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I knew that son of a mother was broken. I hate him so much.
  • I wasn't sure this was worth making a new post for, so I'll put it here, instead. What kind of stats should a two-handed weapon have before I rune it? (I have two lightning runes and two +10% wounding runes, for the sake of reference.)
  • edited November 2012
    All that matters is that the total weapon stats (for two-handers, divide damage in half, precision by 2.2, add together with the speed stat) aren't greater than 463, which is the maximum allowable for runes. Slap 'em on, and you can always temper up/down and try different speeds, precisions, etc., afterwards.

(Generally speaking, for the finished product, you want 230 speed, as little damage as possible, and as much precision as possible.)
    I generally say between 200-230 speed myself, with the suggestion that you temper it to try it out at different values and determine what works best for you. There is no one set value that is ideal for all warriors; different styles will affect it as well. For example, going with 230 speed won't do as much for you if you are not *right on* the balance recovery to hit again each time (for example, a higher than normal ping). If you are, go with speed. If not, extra precision will work better (each hit does a bit more and helps cover up being a little slower on the response).

Cutting off too much speed just cripples you, though.
  • Lusternia's clothing system is troublesome. Where would I find info on what, exactly, can be worn underneath robes? The HELP files have not been helpful regarding the subject.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2012
    Gurdy said:
    Lusternia's clothing system is troublesome. Where would I find info on what, exactly, can be worn underneath robes? The HELP files have not been helpful regarding the subject.
    Robes are full, outer upper/lower cover, so the only thing that could go under them would be literal underwear, I believe. Lusternian robes are more the whole-body sort, less bathrobe. Of course you could DESIGN them to have an opening, but...still can't wear shirts/trousers/skirts etc. under them.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Why do people design panties that are made out of silk and a matching corset/bra made out of cloth? It's just not right. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Yet another spell of Gunslingers/Gunmages for Lusternia. ._.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Fania said:
    Why do people design panties that are made out of silk and a matching corset/bra made out of cloth? It's just not right. 
    Why wear underwear at all? :P
  • Tervic said:
    Fania said:
    Why do people design panties that are made out of silk and a matching corset/bra made out of cloth? It's just not right. 
    Why wear underwear at all? :P
    To take it back off?

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• MoiMoi
    edited November 2012
    Gurdy said:
    Lusternia's clothing system is troublesome. Where would I find info on what, exactly, can be worn underneath robes? The HELP files have not been helpful regarding the subject.
    Things that can be worn in addition to robes include: Any sort of jewelery, socks, stockings, shoes, sandals, boots, hats, helms, caps, panties, bras, vests, undershirts, corsets, bodices, chemises, coats, cloaks, blankets, flowers, wearable artifacts, watches and slips.

E: I forgot about belts.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I was gonna start a similar thread about this a few days ago. Can we have a help file, pretty please? :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Siam said:
    I was gonna start a similar thread about this a few days ago. Can we have a help file, pretty please? :)
    For some reason I thought HELP LAYERS was a thing, but...apparently I made that up :(
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Figures the time I finally actually want to collect a curio, it's one that I'll never, ever get pieces for again. Stupid Soulless quests that no one is ever going to do.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited November 2012
    Astrasia said she got a Soulless curio piece from doing the Kiakoda Nature Reserve, which is a Vernal Quest. So I'm hoping that it isn't a bug, and that the Vernal quests can give one of either kind (and same with Soulless). (EDIT: I know, it's probably a bug, but here's hoping.)

edited November 2012
    I feel like she's wrong (that or it is a definite bug); I did it many times and only received Vernals.

In fact, I did a lot of the Vernal quests many times, and received only Vernals.  The soulless pieces I got were all from trading or the Wheel.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    You are a crusher of hopes and dreams. :((

• Soulless curios only come from quests that directly or indirectly aid the Soulless. Sorry!
  • It's peculiar though that Kryden Valik and Ixthiaxa don't give out soulless curio. They do give out Soulless Ikons after all.
  • Kryden Valik should give out a soulless curio. If it isn't, please submit a detailed bug. Ixthiaxa gives soulless ikons because illithoid are part of that ikon set and it is an illithoid village.

• Fania said:
    Because the latter require far more commodities than the former, and most designers in Lusternia are cheap bastards looking for the most efficient way to get things produced. Kind of like real world manufacturing, almost!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Xenthos said:
    I generally say between 200-230 speed myself, with the suggestion that you temper it to try it out at different values and determine what works best for you. There is no one set value that is ideal for all warriors; different styles will affect it as well. For example, going with 230 speed won't do as much for you if you are not *right on* the balance recovery to hit again each time (for example, a higher than normal ping). If you are, go with speed. If not, extra precision will work better (each hit does a bit more and helps cover up being a little slower on the response). Cutting off too much speed just cripples you, though.

If they are looking to pk, 200 is way slow. Plus, that's what stratagems are for. When you are working within a limited window that certain crucial affs provide (locks, tendons, knockdowns) you need to push the speed limit as much as you can.
    Celina said:

Xenthos said:

I generally say between 200-230 speed myself, with the suggestion that you temper it to try it out at different values and determine what works best for you. There is no one set value that is ideal for all warriors; different styles will affect it as well. For example, going with 230 speed won't do as much for you if you are not *right on* the balance recovery to hit again each time (for example, a higher than normal ping). If you are, go with speed. If not, extra precision will work better (each hit does a bit more and helps cover up being a little slower on the response). Cutting off too much speed just cripples you, though.
    If they are looking to pk, 200 is way slow. Plus, that's what stratagems are for. When you are working within a limited window that certain crucial affs provide (locks, tendons, knockdowns) you need to push the speed limit as much as you can.

200 is definitely not "way too slow for PK". Mine is 200 base, I think, pre-nightkiss and coal runes. I needed more precision to counter lower strength, and Faeling (note aslaran has the same speed bonus) covers the slightly slower speed.

Obviously I make no claims to being King of PK, but having tinkered around with it, this is what ended up working best for me.

Stratagems and warriors have some issues though, it's pretty easy to screw up the stratagem execution and end up just not attacking at all. I would rather control my swings personally, but again it is a matter of finding what works for the player.

Unless you're suggesting using stratagems sparingly to land specific things. That's a different matter, but obviously does not void my point as far as general attacks and wound-building goes.
  • edited November 2012
    By "finished product" I meant including coal runes, nightkiss, etc.

You can probably get away with slower speed (200 total) in groups, but if you plan to 1v1, good luck with that.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Lothringen has it. If your final weapon is 200 speed, you've got a crappy set of pk weapons. I actually sat right at 230 after stat runes/coal runes/nightkiss as aslaran, and bumped it up to 240ish for Krokani. I don't know why you would even consider your weapon without all your stat buffs. The second it comes out of the forge is the only time it will ever have those stats. We're talking actual functioning speed. 230 is generally recognized as the sweet spot for aslaran warriors. Obviously you can bump it up and down 10 points or so to fit your style, but 200 is just ew.

When you are talking combat, you need to talk min/max, because that's what it's balanced around. Is a 200 speed faeling workable? Yes, in the sense that it literally works, you can swing weapons and get wounds. However, in the real world, you'll suck and you'll suck hard.

edited November 2012
    And I'm talking base weapon stats- 200-230, adjust it based on what you can add and what works best for you (as I said, you need to play with it).

Base weapon stats are pretty important when you're talking about runing the things, as a note; and that was, in fact, the question.  "What kind of stats should a two-handed weapon have before I rune it?"

So we're probably talking past each other a bit here in that respect, but it doesn't invalidate my stance; we're just approaching it from different ends to arrive at the same general numbers. :P
This discussion has been closed.