Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Tetra said:
    Zouviqil said:
    Sorry for the laundry list, @Tetra!

Hahah.  So much writing.  

Time to bullshit.

Be careful where you BS. :D
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2014
    Zouviqil said:
    Tetra said:
    Zouviqil said:

Hahah.  So much writing.  

Time to bullshit.

Are you letting him into the SDs? Can we just save the poor kid the effort, that's not going to happen.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Living in Hallifax makes it so much easier to choose demigod powers. I might as well not spend eight million on a custom shout because I'm not allowed to shout.  :-??
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Rift destroyers, please burn. :(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Daraius said:
    Anyone who feels the need to shout has nothing to say worth hearing. /rp
    Tell that to the gods during world events :D

(but in general I agree)

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Rift Destroyers makes me think of giant Aetherships that can open portals in space for fleets to come through.

Technically we have that with fleet fusing to a ship, but man... I wish Aetherspace combat was more prevalent just so I could do this:

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    Rift Destroyers makes me think of giant Aetherships that can open portals in space for fleets to come through.

Technically we have that with fleet fusing to a ship, but man... I wish Aetherspace combat was more prevalent just so I could do this:

This ain't EVE Online

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

This ain't EVE Online
    It's not Dr Who either but we've got weeping angels!

Seriously though, Aetherspace has so many fricking opportunities attached to it, it's an amazing mechanic that could get explored and pushed in so many ways. I love Aethercombat, and I wish we had more opportunities for it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Destroying rifts is just good, clean fun!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I don't know about clean; you sweat an awful lot while doing it.
    edited March 2014
    Morkarion said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

This ain't EVE Online

Seriously though, Aetherspace has so many fricking opportunities attached to it, it's an amazing mechanic that could get explored and pushed in so many ways. I love Aethercombat, and I wish we had more opportunities for it.
    Yes, because everyone knows that wearing the weeping angel stole gives you the hidden ability to warp someone 100-ish years back in time.

EDIT: In other words, your comparison is flawed.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

This ain't EVE Online

Yes, because everyone knows that wearing the weeping angel stole gives you the hidden ability to warp someone 100-ish years back in time.

EDIT: In other words, your comparison is flawed.

Because suggesting more aethership combat suddenly turns this game into a giant sandbox based around a 100% run player economy without game side seeded items, where everything is crafted, researched and constructed by the playerbase, death results in permanent loss of items and the entire purpose of the game is that you can completely screw someone over using OOC metagame and it's not only legal but encouraged and applauded by the admin.

See, having a wish to see an already existing part of the game and it's mechanics be utilised more so crazy tactics like mass fuse flashpoints to bait ships for well rehearsed ganks can be pulled off is as much "making this game" EVE Online as having a stole that depicts a weeping angel makes this world suddenly Dr Who.

Your argument is terrible.

• Heard good things about Lust in my time away, that a lot of the vitriol and toxicity had died down, but it's a bit of a bummer to still see it cropping up like it has been lately.  

• "We've reached the caverns," the Spinner of Fates says quietly. "I sense that the shadow was here, though has since fled. It passed through the upper section of the caves; let us try seeking out the gnomes who dwell there. Cranky, their chief engineer, may know of its whereabouts."
    [HINT]: Seek out Cranky, the chief gnomish engineer, for information on the Shadow's whereabouts. 
    PATH WALK CRANKY to find him.
    -path walk cranky
    Total steps: 13
    Path: up, up, up, up, northeast, east, east, east, south, east, south, south, northwest
    You begin speedwalking.
    You speedwalk up to Continuing along some stone steps.
    -
    You speedwalk up to Midway up some stone steps.
    -
    You speedwalk up to Near the top of some stone steps.
    -
    You speedwalk up to Western end of Gnip passage.
    -
    You speedwalk northeast to Gnip Passageway.
    -
    You speedwalk east to Along the Gnip passageway.
    -
    You speedwalk east to Continuing along the Gnip passageway.
    -
    You speedwalk east to Gnip Crossway.
    -
    You speedwalk south to Gnome Guardroom.
    -
    You speedwalk east to Eastern hallway.
    -
    You speedwalk south to Eastern hallway.
    -
    You speedwalk south to hallway.
    -
    You speedwalk northwest to Engineering Room.
    You have reached your destination.

What?  This new introduction is amazing.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

Ried said:
    It never really goes away.
    Sadly this. You just learn to blank it out.

Random SD stats time!

There have been 20 GM elections prior to my char winning GM. Of these winning results, there were 14 unique (non-repeating) GMs.

Of the 20 elections, there were 9 "thank you" posts total by the winners. Of these 9 "thank you" posts, four were written by a single GM. 

This single GM won GM elections (whether it was achieving or retaining office) a total of six times, meaning that two of their wins did not result in a news post.
    Now we need stats for how many GMs /GAs / GCs other guilds have had (including repeats)!

PS: Did SD GAs and GCs write posts?
    Xenthos said:
    Now we need stats for how many GMs /GAs / GCs other guilds have had (including repeats)! PS: Did SD GAs and GCs write posts?
    I didn't pay attention to those, would you really want me to go back through all those news posts to find out for you?
    I just want to make sure that you have projects to pursue!
    I'm pretty sure as someone who just took over as GM, she's plenty on her plate already.

Not everyone holds a seat for several years like you do, and finds themselves short of things to do.

Alright, I'll do that, then. :P Also, as a note, I didn't include Gwenyvere because she wasn't elected in, nor did she write a thank you post.
    Morkarion said:

I'm pretty sure as someone who just took over as GM, she's plenty on her plate already.

Not everyone holds a seat for several years like you do, and finds themselves short of things to do.

Piffle! Personal enlightenment projects are (often) worthwhile!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos said:
    Now we need stats for how many GMs /GAs / GCs other guilds have had (including repeats)! PS: Did SD GAs and GCs write posts?
    I used to keep a listing that @Jinx gave me of the past guild leaders for the Aquas, but I haven't updated it in a while. He may have an up to date version though.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Xenthos said:

Awesome, you can do one for the Ebonguard leadership history then! ;)

Morkarion said:
    Xenthos said:

Awesome, you can do one for the Ebonguard leadership history then! ;)
    Daganev, Adracunin, Daganev, Geran, Ragniliff, Dylara, Valarien, Ashteru, Jonas, Xenthos.  Basically nobody made thank you posts (I didn't even make a contestation post).

Your turn!
    Morkarion said:

Because suggesting more aethership combat suddenly turns this game into a giant sandbox based around a 100% run player economy without game side seeded items, where everything is crafted, researched and constructed by the playerbase, death results in permanent loss of items and the entire purpose of the game is that you can completely screw someone over using OOC metagame and it's not only legal but encouraged and applauded by the admin.

See, having a wish to see an already existing part of the game and it's mechanics be utilised more so crazy tactics like mass fuse flashpoints to bait ships for well rehearsed ganks can be pulled off is as much "making this game" EVE Online as having a stole that depicts a weeping angel makes this world suddenly Dr Who.

Your argument is terrible.
    Woah... I'm not the one foaming at the mouth over this. That said, more zerg-like tactics is definitely what Lusternia does NOT need. EVE's biggest defining feature is not sandbox gameplay or player-run economics either, I'm afraid. Its biggest defining feature is the amount of griefers/scammers that are in that game. If you'd like to see Lusternia be more like that, sure, go on right ahead. I, for one, do not. What's next? We're gonna start selling closed presents that supposedly contain 50mil gold worth of goods in them in 5mil gold, anonymous raffles, and then claim that 5 other people recently won, the other persons just weren't lucky to get a present with goodies?

• Zouviqil said:
    Tetra said:
    Zouviqil said:

Hahah.  So much writing.  

Time to bullshit.

I'm kidding, I will probably get very meticulous and in-depth.

Tweet: Not sure if Zouviqil loves or hates me based on intensiveness.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

This discussion has been closed.