Real World Raves

Comments

• Khydan said:
    Kagato said:
    I still have the original (NON-platinum) Playstation discs for Final Fantasy 7 and 8.  Keeping them for bragging rights at the moment, but will likely sell them eventually for the right price (they are already worth quite a hefty chunk of change)
    still ended up purchasing both though so I can play them on the go... >_>
    I had to import FFVIII from the US (so I could play it on release day), still got the discs -and- the chipped PSX to play it on. I also have the incredibly fantastic Final Fantasy Tactics, too.

I use ePSX to play them on my PC now, because why not?

I, too, have them on Steam ><
    Tactics is amazing. Incredibly replayable, with a lot of crazy game tactics that make each battle different from the next.

I have an original FF7 as well, with instructions. That baby is *never* getting sold.
  • edited June 2014
    @Marcella's stream got me back into Guilty Gear, (XX #RELOAD specifically, but X is my favorite) a game that I haven't played for years.  My love for traps my main, Bridget, remains the same, for with him I can still beat I-No on hardest difficulty.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Cern said:
    My wife noticed when the fireflies were at their prettiest last night and set an alarm so she could come get me and we could kiss in our field amongst the rising fireflies tonight.

I'm the luckiest man alive 
    :D
    You, sir, are obviously not married.
  • edited June 2014
    Cern said:
    Angroth said:
    Cern said:
    My wife noticed when the fireflies were at their prettiest last night and set an alarm so she could come get me and we could kiss in our field amongst the rising fireflies tonight.

Working on our tenth year! I just lucked out and got the best one :)
    Can I have her? Or your house?

*fireflies* 
    :x
  • Svorai said:
    Cern said:
    Angroth said:
    Cern said:

*fireflies* 
    You're in luck, in America, at least, it seems the house follows the wife in a divorce!
    Stangmar - Retired

• Svorai said:
    Cern said:
    Angroth said:
    Cern said:

*fireflies* 
    You'd have to negotiate with her regarding having her, but I'm pretty attached so you'd have to give her back ;)

As for the house, no way... but you're welcome to come visit us in the lovely foothills of the Appalachian Mountains some day =)
  • Background: I live on the water, in one of the most beautiful places. (My rent is amazingly cheap, too... proving that waterfront properties are not always overpriced)

This morning I woke up at approx 5:30. If you've ever gotten up that early, it's one of the most magical times of the day for me. I love it. Well, this morning I happened to wake up right as one of the most gorgeous sunsets ever was peeking above the trees and through the clouds. If I wasn't half asleep I would've taken some photos.

• Some songs that aren't all that great as originally published sound much better as a remix.

Coldplay's Clocks is no different:

Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Hah, how's that for irony.  I purchased FF7 on steam yesterday for $7,  it is now on special for only $4.

On the up side, my girlfriend doesn't have it yet, so I got it for her as a gift.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Spent the day today with my cousins from New Zealand and their kids. Last time we saw each other was for my Nan's funeral, was nice to see them under happier circumstances! I have a pretty great family :)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Finally got to see Ernest & Celestine. It's so beautiful and cute I wish it was about twice as long, but what you get is pretty much perfect. I love how straightforward it is with its 'racism is dumb' message. :x

Although they never did make amends for their actual crimes... :-?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited June 2014
    Daraius said:
    Finally got to see Ernest & Celestine. It's so beautiful and cute I wish it was about twice as long, but what you get is pretty much perfect. I love how straightforward it is with its 'racism is dumb' message. :x

Although they never did make amends for their actual crimes... :-?

Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Kagato said:
    Hah, how's that for irony.  I purchased FF7 on steam yesterday for $7,  it is now on special for only $4.

On the up side, my girlfriend doesn't have it yet, so I got it for her as a gift.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Kagato said:

I feel like somewhere on there should be a check to make sure that you don't already have it. I always have to be super careful about that :P
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Not touched most of the new NPCs in BG2:EE but Dorn Il-Khan (Half Orc Blackguard) is like a bisexual Karlach that either flirts with things or kills them with a giant sword.

I'm not sure whether I approve or not.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or flirts with them then kills them with a giant sword amirite.
    Enyalida said:
    Or flirts with them then kills them with a giant sword amirite.
    I've yet to see him take rejection that badly yet.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The hammer is hi-
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Back at home finally, and with the wife, too! Time to get back to work and really, truly, settle in.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • The Die Hard movies are on sale on Google Play, so I bought 1 and 3, the ones that really matter.
    Stangmar - Retired

• New glasses! Everything's in HD again!

Woo! Go me! ^_____^  (Took long enough though...)

edited June 2014
    How many times did you Game Over over triple Light Pillar?

Edit: Oh wait, that's Ultima Weapon, never mind.

edited June 2014
    Karlach said:
    How many times did you Game Over over triple Light Pillar?

Edit: Oh wait, that's Ultima Weapon, never mind.
    Omega weapon does light pillar too.  Omega Weapon has a set pattern of attacks though, if you time the use of Hero Wars properly you can pretty much guarantee not being hit by them (and even if you miss it, at worst you only have a single KO to worry about).  Ultima Weapon however does NOT have a set attack pattern, meaning that yes, if you are unlucky you can eat 3 light pillars in a row.  That being said, between Megido Flame, Light Pillar, and Terra Break, he obviously is many times worse.  I'll try to remember to record it next time if I can be bothered smacking my head against the proverbial brick wall a few more times.  Probably won't be for a while though, I'm not THAT masochistic -_-

My strategy:  Make sure no one on my team's level is a multiple of 5, Aura on Squall/Zell, Hero War, go to town on Omega Weapon with both limit breaks (If you have your stats set up correctly and are quick enough on the button combos, you can easily do a good 250k-300k damage, possibly more, with Zell's limit break)

Not including physical attacks it does from time to time, its rotation of spells is typically:

- Lv5 Death
    - Meteor
    - Megido Flame
    - Gravija
    - Terra Break
    - Ultima
    - Light Pillar
    - Meteor
    - Megido Flame
    - etc etc etc

EDIT: One of my friends claimed some time back that they got Selphie's "The End" Limit Break on Omega Weapon and that it is susceptible to it, but without visual (photo) proof of the fact, I'm extremely skeptical of their claims.
    EDIT2:  Checked a couple of FAQs online and apparently yes, Omega Weapon can be one-shotted with Selphie's "The End" Limit Break, if you are lucky enough to draw it.  I'm honestly stunned.

• Acrune said:
    Rialorm said:
    Kagato said:

<image
    I feel like somewhere on there should be a check to make sure that you don't already have it. I always have to be super careful about that :P
    Steam does that for you. It won't let you buy a game (for yourself) you already own. And there is a big green bar on the game's page telling you that you own it.
    L5 death can be countered with Junction Death to STAT-D. For me it's aura/haste Squall/Zell, pop Doomtrain and go to town with Lion Heart/Infinite Combo Chain.

And yes, you can The End Omega Weapon, there's a YT video on it. I always thought Ultima's RNG attack pattern was more frustrating than Omega's combination of attacks.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ayisdra said:
    Acrune said:
    Rialorm said:
    Kagato said:

<image
    Steam does that for you. It won't let you buy a game (for yourself) you already own. And there is a big green bar on the game's page telling you that you own it.
    You can't be too reliant on that, because it only warns you about having that exact version of the game.  They will sometimes re-release games in a "bundle" or even just the same game with a new title and some of the DLCs attached.  In these cases it does not give you that protection.