Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Daraius said:
    You'll probably have enough players that it won't matter, right?
    You underestimate how difficult it is to get people to participate in anything, let alone Vengeance. Even when there's credit rewards just for participating.
  • I have some questions concerning Explorer rank gain.

- Do Arenas count towards Explorer rank?

- Does Aetherspace travel count towards it? Such as flying from one point to another.

- Does being on another elevation, such as Flight or burrowed, count towards having walked into that room?

- Do different mountain elevations in the same room count towards their own point each? Im a bit confused here and im hoping not.

- Do guildhalls count towards explorer?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yes besides Battlechess

No

Yes

No

Yes

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Yes besides Battlechess

No

Yes

No

Yes
    Ah thanks, last one: Does following someone count as you having entered that room? Or must you enter it yourself?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Latter
  • Altrea said:
    So, festival is coming together on Gaudi's end quite quickly, it seems, and I am a lot less stressed out for the moment. Whee!

Also, I'm wondering if there's an ideal setup for Vengeance. Actually, anybody familiar with Vengeance overly well mind looking at Gaudi's setup and seeing if there's anything that could be improved?

Populace                    : Freedom Council (always present)
          Assassin                    : corrupt Councillor (always present)
          Detective                   : Purveyor of Gratification (minimum 5 players)
          Protector                   : High Flame of the Pyromancers (minimum 7 players)
          Blocker                     : Seneschal of the Rule (minimum 12 players)
          Killer                      : treacherous dreamer (minimum 9 players)
          Vigilante                   : Grand Master General (minimum 9 players)
          Watcher                     : Grand Cipher of the Illuminati (minimum 12 players)
    Yeah, I am going to be late for this, but I do want to show up. I hope you guys are still going in an hour or so.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • @Riluna We should be!
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Altrea said:
    @Riluna We should be!
    Please log it all and post a log so those of us who have IC reasons not to go can read about it. :(
  • @Selenity Will try! My mouse is a bit damaged right now, so it'll take me a bit to get everything edited out since I have to edit a 400k line log rather than a likely 20k line one. Probably should be done tomorrow!
  • Im glad Gaudiguch is taking the time to make a celebration for year 400. I admit I expected something exciting from the admin based on lusty entering the 4th century. Usually there is some sort of doomsday that occurs. I suppose there are still a few months left :P
  • I want to go to the party D: But real life has been noncooperative
    The playa you love to hate
  • Arcanis said:
    Im glad Gaudiguch is taking the time to make a celebration for year 400. I admit I expected something exciting from the admin based on lusty entering the 4th century. Usually there is some sort of doomsday that occurs. I suppose there are still a few months left :P
    Careful what you wish for, it's all fun and games until there are tentacles and murderous monsters and stuff everywhere. Don't go encouraging them :P *pre-emptively bunkers up in manse*
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited December 2014
    I admit, drunken vengeance is the best idea ever. The puppy is obviously one of the assassins!

EDIT: Rest in peace, Phil the Puppy. Your very existence caused much strife.
  • Altrea said:
    I admit, drunken vengeance is the best idea ever. The puppy is obviously one of the assassins!

EDIT: Rest in peace, Phil the Puppy. Your very existence caused much strife.
    I really wish I could have stayed, but RL. That was making me laugh. Please do share that Vengeance log. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • @Riluna Logging anything relevant in the whole thing. Will post it once I get it! But yes, that game was hilarious.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited December 2014
    Tlai votes to lynch Xaakxaak, advancing toward him with an unpleasant grin upon his features.
    The Council converges on Xaakxaak with overwhelming intent. He attempts to bat the grasping hands
    away, but there are simply too many; a massive, crackling pyre of roaring flame leaps into life,
    enormous and all-consuming. Xaakxaak's eyes go wide in terror before he is tossed unceremoniously
    into the blaze, flailing wildly and screaming in agony as his flesh is burnt to a crisp before
    finally falling still. The paradigms of his existence flicker briefly into view, revealing him as a
    traitorous council member, assisting Hallifax in slaying the rest of the Council!
    Pejat leaves to the ether, emanating an aura of immense power.
    --------------
    It is now storm five.
    --------------
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    [ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'You Versus The World' Achievement! You have earned Instant
    Experience.
    You have enacted your revenge and slaughtered the Freedom Council and the spies of Hallifax within,
    retaking Gaudiguch as a demoralised vassal to your Empire. Well done, Emperor!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2014
    I am sorry to everyone forever for my drunken ramblings coming up with Phil the puppy.

I'm also amused that I was the same character in both Vengeances. Also I have no idea how to play non-drunken Vengeance.

EDIT: Also I'm sorry for getting our last female killed.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    That awkward moment when you realize IG your character is following satanism religion rules
  • Became a Geomancer and took up runes... over 100,000 willpower later -

Glancing into your rune rift, you see:
    +-------------------------------------------------------------- Runestones +
    |  ansuz:             50   beorc:             50   blank:            750   |
    |  cen:               50   daeg:              50   eh:                50   |
    |  eoh:               50   eohl:              50   feoh:              50   |
    |  ger:               50   gyfu:              50   haegl:             50   |
    |  ing:               50   isa:               50   lagu:              50   |
    |  manna:             50   nyd:               50   othala:           150   |
    |  peorth:            50   rad:              250   sigil:             50   |
    |  tiwaz:             50   ur:                50   wynn:              50   |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

I hope this lasts a while. x_x
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk

Kurut said:
    Became a Geomancer and took up runes... over 100,000 willpower later -

Glancing into your rune rift, you see:
    +-------------------------------------------------------------- Runestones +
    |  ansuz:             50   beorc:             50   blank:            750   |
    |  cen:               50   daeg:              50   eh:                50   |
    |  eoh:               50   eohl:              50   feoh:              50   |
    |  ger:               50   gyfu:              50   haegl:             50   |
    |  ing:               50   isa:               50   lagu:              50   |
    |  manna:             50   nyd:               50   othala:           150   |
    |  peorth:            50   rad:              250   sigil:             50   |
    |  tiwaz:             50   ur:                50   wynn:              50   |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

I hope this lasts a while. x_x
    It won't, a lot of those runes you probably won't end up using. You will need more gyfu and haegl though.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Thanks a ton. Inscribing more gyfu and haegl as I get the willpower
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Darn, and I just woke up hoping to catch some of it...
  • Altrea said:
    Well, that ends the festival. Shame it died out near the end, and a lot of that is on my end for losing my lines, I think, but I am honestly happy with how it went.

I want to thank @Subotai, @Xeltha, @Mysrai, @Estarra, and everybody behind the scenes who helped. Without all of you, this would have not come together, and I cannot even express how thankful I am at this point.

For all who attended and made the festival what it was, and there are too many of you to remember off the top of my head while I'm extremely nauseous and feel like I was slapped across the head with a comically sized... thing (migraines are fun)... Honestly, it does mean a lot to me that this all came together, and that most were able to join and have fun.

I am going to sleep now. I'll figure out the log stuff after some Imitrex and some sleep.

Thank you all again. I love each and every one of you. You all are what makes this game what it is.

EDIT: Proper, IC thank you post on the public boards for everybody in the morning as well.

EDIT2: So, I just opened up the log file in my text editor so it's open first thing in the morning. It... kind of crashed it. I'm going to have fun with this one, but it might take a bit longer than I thought. Apparently HTML output of 376320 lines of buffer is "a lot." Who knew?
    It was a lot of fun, and I liked actually feeling involved. :)
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    At least...all three have confirmed mentally unstable people. 
  • Arcanis said:
    Im glad Gaudiguch is taking the time to make a celebration for year 400. I admit I expected something exciting from the admin based on lusty entering the 4th century. Usually there is some sort of doomsday that occurs. I suppose there are still a few months left :P
    Isn't it the time of RL year that Lusternia's due for its regularly scheduled doomsday anyway?
  • That'd be in March, I think. Though the lead-up events should be starting soonish now.

• Altrea said:
    Vivet said:
    Enchanters can do that, some just don't realise it. So long as the object's on the ground, they can just dispell the flame sigil.

You see, I was just told that enchanters couldn't. I could have sworn they could. I may or may not be in love with you right now. Now, to find an enchanter some time in the next seven hours...
    For a very long time they couldn't. Now they can. Yay!

Arcanis said:
    I have some questions concerning Explorer rank gain.

To answer a question you didn't think to ask: I'm 90% sure being out of phase (such as a Dreamweaver) counts for entering the room!

Or it did at one point.
  • Akyaevin said:

Arcanis said:
    I have some questions concerning Explorer rank gain.

To answer a question you didn't think to ask: I'm 90% sure being out of phase (such as a Dreamweaver) counts for entering the room!

Or it did at one point.

Does it truly? I was wondering over dreamform and ghostform.  I came to believe that was how Ixion managed to explorer enemied locations.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It's not really hard to explore enemy areas

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
This discussion has been closed.