Ascension 2015

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Kelly won with pits 2 years ago, it was a smart move, so why would you be complaining about getting the same tactic used against you?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

Kelly won with pits 2 years ago, it was a smart move, so why would you be complaining about getting the same tactic used against you?

obviously these pits should be sealed for the event :>
  • Oh, let's not start that again...
  • edited February 2015
    Arcanis said:

Elanorwen said:

Lavinya said:

Larvae are nothing. Watch Kelly solo the ice digger pits like a boss for a zillion points each!

(This is not the first ascension with icewynd.)

Why are people complaining about this now? Last year it was a Glomdoring member that did the same thing and when we were pointing out the issue everyone was saying we were whiners. Sorry, but being that I'm a tarotist right now, I certainly intend to give Kelly a leg up with the icedigger pits if she so requires.

Admittedly I wasnt here for that last ascension, but I find it interesting these pits can garner so many points.

----------------------

Turning to the Life event, HELP CURELIST has yet to be updated and WHATCURES <aff> is still registered on the old database, so this should be a rather interestingly confused event.

Edit: Nevermind, there's still AFFS.
    The help file has been updated, whatcures will forward to affs info if passed the name of an overhauled affliction.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • edited February 2015
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Frankly, I feel if you're capable of soloing something like Ice Diggers, not only surviving but with admirable speed to power on ahead with points, you deserve to do well and or win Death. Ascension is supposed to be the best of the best. I would dare to say that only the best of the best could effectively do it, so more power to them!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Justice is usually single elimination isn't it? The double elimination was a change this year?

If so, major props! It allowed someone who lost in round 1 to make a sweeping comeback to get second place, which wouldn't have been possible in single elimination. It was pretty neat to see.

• I rather enjoyed it, though I was very nervous.

I was hoping for an underdog win on Saoirse after she eliminated me in first round, but alas, girl has high ego.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited February 2015
    I forgot to turn on sparkle and heal scroll. I feel like such a moron. This is what I get for doing it at work. Probably wouldn't have made much of a difference in the final standings, but annoying.

Congrats to Elanorwen!

Edit: also, totes my bad jumping the gun in our debate Arc xD
  • Maligorn said:

Justice is usually single elimination isn't it? The double elimination was a change this year?

If so, major props! It allowed someone who lost in round 1 to make a sweeping comeback to get second place, which wouldn't have been possible in single elimination. It was pretty neat to see.

I thought it was double last year.

Also: The finals probably should be best two out of three else you have the possibility of someone entering with no losses and losing. But perhaps more importantly, then the finals are less likely to be won by RND.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Steingrim said:

Maligorn said:

Also: The finals probably should be best two out of three else you have the possibility of someone entering with no losses and losing. But perhaps more importantly, then the finals are less likely to be won by RND.
    If the person of the winning group gets beaten in the first debate of the finals, they get another shot at the seal. In other words... I had two chances at the finals.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:

Steingrim said:

Maligorn said:

If the person of the winning group gets beaten in the first debate of the finals, they get another shot at the seal. In other words... I had two chances at the finals.
    Ah, so she had to beat you twice?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Steingrim said:

Maligorn said:

Pretty sure it was double elim last year.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    Steingrim said:

Elanorwen said:

Steingrim said:

Maligorn said:

Ah, so she had to beat you twice?
    Yeap.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    So how's the lag situation for this year. Are we gonna reduce mobs or what.

If not I'll just put on as many passives as I can.
  • Bump for the above question. It's very much an issue I'm curious about if there's been anything particular done or planned to address it.

I'm still of the opinion that giant mobs rampaging across an astrosphere would be better than hordes of them would be.
    Viynain said:

Bump for the above question. It's very much an issue I'm curious about if there's been anything particular done or planned to address it.

I'm still of the opinion that giant mobs rampaging across an astrosphere would be better than hordes of them would be.

I'm still of the opinion that it comes from passive effects hitting big bunches of people all at once. Distinctly remember last year having practically no lag until the meld hit the 25+ people that were in the same room as me, at which point you just sit there and your system is spamming commands, trying to cure... and nothing is going through.

Viynain said:

Bump for the above question. It's very much an issue I'm curious about if there's been anything particular done or planned to address it.

Would be cool to have a single not-quite-supernal/nil lord strength kethbit rather than 30 or 40 tiny ones.  Perhaps give it a room-wide swing attack that sends everyone except the staffholder flying into a random adjacent room? >_>

• Kagato said:

Viynain said:

Would be cool to have a single not-quite-supernal/nil lord strength kethbit rather than 30 or 40 tiny ones.  Perhaps give it a room-wide swing attack that sends everyone except the staffholder flying into a random adjacent room? >_>
    So you want an smob who knocks everyone out of the room and then being that there would be a single person in the room, would one-shot the seal bearer?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Don't give Kethuru ideas! We're trying to not all get murdered by him.

• Viynain said:

I could swear this was already addressed somewhere, can't remembe the answer though?
    Paging @Estarra?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Ieptix has previously stated the number of mobs was not the cause of the lag. 
  • Saesh said:

Ieptix has previously stated the number of mobs was not the cause of the lag. 

Obviously the cause of the lag is Kethuru trying to push us off our game.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ok, tonight, we gather everyone in game, and throw them into a demesne to test if that's the thing causing lag. Then we can raise pitchforks if it is. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:

Ok, tonight, we gather everyone in game, and throw them into a demesne to test if that's the thing causing lag. Then we can raise pitchforks if it is. 

I did suggest we do that something like a month ago. :P Never heard back anything from anyone, but I'm game.

Steingrim said:

Kagato said:

Viynain said:

So you want an smob who knocks everyone out of the room and then being that there would be a single person in the room, would one-shot the seal bearer?
    Pretty much. :P  Seriously though, it could be powerful but moderately slow and/or have the room-wide gust on a cooldown.  That being said, you would think that a sealbearer, being supposedly the best of the best, could take a couple of hits from something like that without kicking the bucket :p

• We could recreate the concept of the Illith event, in that several rooms had 'segments' of the whole of her in them that could be attacked. I could definitely see large tentacles smacking around astral.
    Kagato said:

Steingrim said:

Kagato said:

Viynain said:

Pretty much. :P  Seriously though, it could be powerful but moderately slow and/or have the room-wide gust on a cooldown.  That being said, you would think that a sealbearer, being supposedly the best of the best, could take a couple of hits from something like that without kicking the bucket :p
    Just because one is a sealbearer doesn't give them any special survival powers. If it's an smob and the damage it deals is split between everyone present, an attack that gusts every person save one would be ridiculous.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Keep in mind the insanity from holding the staff. The command denial is insane.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Never actually participated in one of these before. Is there any sort of reduction in penalty for death? Or should I just expect to lose a ton of xp?