General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Silly little pug. Hope your day gets better!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    New phone get! But for whatever reason I couldn't get my custom text tones to transfer, so I get to spend the afternoon downloading Star Fox 64 voice clips again.  :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Grandmother collects the toddler from school Tuesday and Friday.  I collect him every other day of the week.  I worked ``from home'' (read: the bar) today so I could work w/o interruption from 0700 to 1700.  Grandma cannot collect him today.  I learn this now, a few minutes *AFTER* the toddler should have been collected.  I sense ``late fee'' in the force.
    </RANT>
  • ASUS quoted me 7-10 day turnaround on fixing my laptop.  We'll see.  

For now I'm a 100% tablet user.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• 9a-9:30p Monday, 9a-9:30p Today, 6:30a-7:30p tomorrow. I swear my boss wants me to die.

• Rheatsis said:

9a-9:30p Monday, 9a-9:30p Today, 6:30a-7:30p tomorrow. I swear my boss wants me to die.

*hug* 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Rheatsis said:

WHAT THE FLIP. THANK YOU, BROTHER, FOR WARNING ME. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE KNOWN THIS BEFORE 5:30 AM

Edit::

Spider is nowhere to be found. Fml.

You have awesome peeps!
    </RANT>
  • Just got a call from school.  I have a sick child, which means I cannot work tomorrow.  I know this may sound weird, but I actually LIKE my job, and a crapload of work just fell into my lap.  Since he's sick, dinner will probably be hell tonight too.  I just can't win.
    </RANT>
  • Rheatsis said:

WHAT THE FLIP. THANK YOU, BROTHER, FOR WARNING ME. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE KNOWN THIS BEFORE 5:30 AM

Spider is nowhere to be found. Fml.

Don't worry, I'm absolutely certain that the spider hasn't laid eggs in your headphones.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited March 2015
    My clipper guards for my hair trimmer have gone missing ><  Looks like I have no choice but to go to *gag* a hairdresser and get my hair cut there.

(I don't like using hairdressers because they charge $25 for what is pretty much a 5-10 minute clipper cut.  I typically get a #3 military-style cut.)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
    Make them use scissors. Money's worth, ban.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Bad storms in my area. Power's out at work, and a co-worker apparently died driving in to work today. She was thrown from her car.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2015
    Tarkenton said:

Make them use scissors. Money's worth, ban.

I would have, but Disney are VERY strict when it comes to how their employees/potential employees look, though most of the rules are quite reasonable.  I'm not taking ANY chances.

• Hair must be neatly cut on the back and sides, forming a smooth, symmetrical appearance so that it does not extend beyond or cover any part of the ears or the shirt collar. The overall style must be neat, natural and balanced proportionally.
    • A shaved head is permitted, as well as a very short military-style cut. Shaving of the eyebrows is not permitted
    • Conservative braided hairstyles for men without beads or ornamentation are permitted. They must be styled above the ears and cut above the collar and be neatly braided close to the scalp in straight rows.
    • Tucking hair behind the ears, or pinning or tucking it under a hat to conceal an unacceptable hairstyle will not be permitted.
    • Extreme or bi-level styles are not permitted.
    • Hair products may be used to create a soft, natural hairstyle within these guidelines.
    • Artificial hair is permitted if it looks natural and meets all of the above requirements.
    • The Disney Look does not permit extremes in dyeing, bleaching or coloring. If the hair color is changed, it must be natural looking and well-maintained. Subtle highlighting or frosting is permitted, as long as it creates a uniform look over the whole head and meets all of the previously listed guidelines.
    Shaddus said:

Bad storms in my area. Power's out at work, and a co-worker apparently died driving in to work today. She was thrown from her car.

Oh man... I'm really sorry to hear that :( My thoughts are with you and your workmates...
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    What in the hell kinda draconian restrictions are those?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

What in the hell kinda draconian restrictions are those?

Eh. I don't think it's that draconian myself. It's basically saying "Guys: Don't have long hair. Also, don't make it look weird". The rest is, in essence, lawyer-speak to cover their asses on what is weird or not.
  • They don't allow long haired men.. But they allow corn rows.. I don't get it.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2015
    Not allowing cornrows in addition to their other restrictions would effectively make it impossible for a black guy to get hired. 

EDIT: Or only bald/shaved head styles.
  • edited March 2015
    Enyalida said:

Not allowing cornrows in addition to their other restrictions would effectively make it impossible for a black guy to get hired. 

I've never actually met a black guy with cornrows... Only ever white people. Usually chicks.

Then again, I live in the trashy part of NC.

Before I get "HEY! RUDE!", not saying cornrows themselves are trashy. Just that trashy chicks tend to have them.

EAR AND COLLAR COVERAGE VIOLATIONS! FIRE THIS JOKER!

I used to make cakes.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Disney is like the epitome of customer service and appearance. Who hasn't heard about the gum-scraping every night and how even one minor customer service violation will get you fired (like if you point with a single finger instead of your entire hand). Those regulations for just hair are not surprising in the slightest. They have tons of rules and guides for acting. It becomes even stricter if you become one of the play actors, like Micky, Minnie or Snow White. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That also makes finding a LaFou impossible. Or an Adam, Gaston, Jim Hawkins, Tarzan, Quasimodo, King Fergus, King Stephan...does Disney have ANY male characters that fit aside from Eric, Naveen and Phillip..?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm pretty sure a haircut with scissors, 5 months out from a job you don't even know you have yet is going to upset Disney.

• Meh.  I wear a tail now, but when I was enlisted I received a haircut on the 1st and 15th of every month.  Mind you I do understand that the military is a distinct and separate society altogether, whereas Disney is just another company within regular society, but if you know their regulations going in then there isn't much room to cry foul.

Besides, a lot of people who have never even been in the military prefer a flat-top, high-and-tight, or even buzz-cut.  I see many of them at the local tattoo parlour.  ::shrug::
    </RANT>
    I pretty much always buzz mine. Last cut was back in like October, should get it cut, but dunno if I want to due to my Novembeard.
  • Enyalida said:

Because all black men wear cornrows. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    No, but it (and other braided styles) are good and common ways to style hair that also conform to the other rules. This is part of why there was huge hubub when the american military changed their hair rules.  :-??
  • Just got torn a new asshole.  
    Stangmar - Retired

Like, in the figurative sense, or through some kind of penetrative trauma? X_X
    I used to make cakes.

• Figurative.  
    Stangmar - Retired