What do you like most of the Wand of Wonder?

edited January 2015 in Common Grounds
The Wand of Wonder seems to be a popular promotion (yay!). Looking to the future, we're wondering what you like best about the wands that entice you to purchase them (or want to purchase them). Please feel free to offer suggestions for future wonder items!

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I guess I shouldn't have voted since I'm not getting one ever... but to me the utility and fun powers are neater than the damage ones.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited January 2015
    While I don't have the means to get a wonderwand, I love the non-damage things.

I feel like a great wonder item would be something that can hold more one enchantment.(if such a thing is possible). While curios are nice, they clutter up things still. I personally would love to have a single item that holds every enchantment (be it having a single large change large or each enchantment having its own charge pool)

While the namegen thing looks fun, I don't think it is 2000cr(or $580) fun. A super cheap item that just gave off random epic names could be a nice thing.

I also love things you don't have to wield, so future wonder items would ideally just need to be in your inv to work.

Edit: I know this is probably a horrible idea - but going with the multi enchantment thing. Maybe an enchantment rift and you link items to it (normal/runed items would have a single link while a wonder item could have more than one?)
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Even though my portals got nerfed (sniffle) I still say that they're the best + most enjoyable thing about the wonderwand. I also love the fact that I can now solo-ressurrect people, which I have done a few times for lowbies and midbies that die to manticores, quinotaurs, and krokani/aslaran in the Grey Moors.

Close second would be the twisting to change the appearance.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    Weathershield all the way!

This is the first Lusternia promo that tipped me over and made me get unreasonable amounts of credits. You've finally done it. I don't know whether to curse you or applaud you.

• The portal ability is just kinda cool and there are convenient abilities early on. 

The varying damage types I feel are well... variably useful depending on what you already have available to you.
  • I love the off-beat powers! The ones where they do not break the game, and make the combatants groan, but are useful enough that I could see myself using them every day!

Portal and weathershield are fantastic for getting around, and deathsight/changeself are great to have that really do not impact others. Maybe more powers that could assist with bashing/influencing? Or a boon to trades somehow?

• I'm thinking in the future, perhaps we could have a Crown of Wonder or Mask of Wonder or Bracers of Wonder, etc.

Could do something with influencing. Not sure about trades--hard to come up with something that isn't too specific to a trade.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I like that you could trade the crystals. I think a lot of people cauld'nt afford all the crystals they wanted, so people like me who didn't really care for such things could trade them, and get extra credits. :D

Now if only I could trade in my snowman marrionette for something useful.... :P

• Depending on how many trades someone can hold at once at the moment, you could probably have an ability that maintains the trans perk of a trade while you're skillflexed out.

Maybe an ability that teleports you to the appropriate workroom in your org for your trade. Poisoners and Herbalists might get moved to the nearest zone appropriate to their trade to their org.
  • Limited use catacombs might be nice, could fit for either influencing (for influencing) or trades (for gathering comms)
    edited January 2015
    Estarra said:
    I'm thinking in the future, perhaps we could have a Crown of Wonder or Mask of Wonder or Bracers of Wonder, etc.

Could do something with influencing. Not sure about trades--hard to come up with something that isn't too specific to a trade.
    Brooch of Wonder!

Can TUNE it to a specific influence attack, depending on how many crystals you have!

Has a 5-times-a-Lusternia-month ability to relax an influenced denizen, a la Lirangsha mist!

Has unlimited focus enchantment charges!

Can be used like the golden goblet, cure your shattered ego once a month!

Acts like a Great Rune of Mind Shielding, STACKS WITH Great Rune of Mind Shielding!

Edit: Unlimited use power to use it to get to the Cave of Beauty - must be on the prime plane, standard teleport delay.

... can I have this now, @Estarra?
  • As long as that NEVER EVER EVER works in a revolt...
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:
    I like that you could trade the crystals. I think a lot of people cauld'nt afford all the crystals they wanted, so people like me who didn't really care for such things could trade them, and get extra credits. :D

Now if only I could trade in my snowman marrionette for something useful.... :P
    Marionettes you can always trade to someone else for credits? *shrug*

As to the wonder wand, hmmm... there's plenty of things I like. Star leaper is definitely nice, as is weather shield and the portals. Beyond that, the damage swap would have been nicer if it wasn't on such a long balance, especially when compared to whips. Even as a +eq race, it's not worth compared to whip speeds, sad to say. Damage might be higher, but eh.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The ability to purchase these things in game, for sure. I have so many credits I can't justify buying more (and I'm too indecisive to spend them just yet).

Marcella said:
    As long as that NEVER EVER EVER works in a revolt...
    You do realize that Lirangsha Mist (700 cr) can be used once per Lusternian day, right, and in revolts? I limited the Wonder Brooch one to 5 times a Lusternian month. Also, you can use a golden goblet in a revolt, and it's 225 credits.
  • you realize that, during a revolt, if you just lock people out of the village leader's room and influence - mist  5x, you're probably going to win the village outright.

I'm sorry, that Brooch is all kinds of OP o_O

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    If it were 1x per Lusternian day, max 5x per Lusternian month, that would be a different story.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    If it were 1x per Lusternian day, max 5x per Lusternian month, that would be a different story.
    That was actually what I meant! And I totally thought everyone understood that, and it's nobody's fault but mine that they didn't. Sorry everyone!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Selenity said:
    Eritheyl said:
    That was actually what I meant! And I totally thought everyone understood that, and it's nobody's fault but mine that they didn't. Sorry everyone!
    ~ Mercury ~
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Changeself.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Surprised by the votes here. I think having all damage types in an artifact that eventually surpasses whips is quite neat.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2015
    Rialorm said:

Surprised by the votes here. I think having all damage types in an artifact that eventually surpasses whips is quite neat.

I think people were complaining about the eq time being slower than whips.

My favourite thing about the wand is access to utility abilities that I would never have. I also like never having to worry about deathsight decaying. If each new wonder item had a permanent spell that would rock.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I really wanted to invest in this for the extra damage types, just for bashing sake, but the high eq to use the attack is a big downside so I'm not sure I will ever practically use half of the wand's application, which is a bummer. I'll have to run some tests to see if the wand damage is worthwhile in some scenarios, or like  a few others have said, beg for the eq to get some relief.

But I do like the idea of the wand! This was a good one.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Oh, I should mention, I like that you can slowly build them up. I can't afford to drop 2000 cr on one, but I can build one up over time and that provides some satisfaction throughout the process.
  • Estarra said:
    I'm thinking in the future, perhaps we could have a Crown of Wonder or Mask of Wonder or Bracers of Wonder, etc.

Braces of Wonder? I totally agree. Level one could change your appearance, level two could increase your charisma but at a malus to your health...

Oh, sorry. You said Bracers. That makes more sense.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Maligorn said:
    you realize that, during a revolt, if you just lock people out of the village leader's room and influence - mist  5x, you're probably going to win the village outright.

I'm sorry, that Brooch is all kinds of OP o_O
    Note to self: Purchase 5 mists.
    Addendum to note: Oh, wait, dummy, you're never online nor able to get online when revolts happen.  Silly you.

In all seriousness though, I briefly contemplated getting a few wand pieces.  Opted not to, still paying off baby bills and the like.  But, as others have echoed, a way to pick these up IG without a purchase on someone's part would be nifty.  I recognize unlikely to happen, but nifty.

As for other powers that one could have, as others have said a all-enchants holding item would be good.  Perhaps a gnomish-army knife that rolls multiple trade artifacts into it as well.  Or, heck, just make that a regular artifact.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Like I said before, it'd be cool if we could add more crystals to maxed out wands to add charges to them too. Like every 2-3 crystals.

Otherwise cool promotion.