Typecasts!

This feature is a much more wide-ranging idea taken from the artifact ideas thread. (We may add more premium typecast options.)

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Can someone post a lot of options for those of us unable to check in-game at the moment? ;;)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Fun stuff, thanks Estarra!

-typecast
    Syntax:
    TYPECAST LIST - lists your available typecasts
    TYPECAST LIST PREMIUM - lists premium typecasts you may purchase
    TYPECAST PURCHASE - purchase a premium typecast (10cr)
    TYPECAST CUSTOM - submit a custom typecast (50cr if approved)
    *TYPECAST CLAN - clan members can use your custom typecast (250cr)
    *TYPECAST FAMILY - family members can use your custom typecast (250cr)
    *Note: Cannot set a typecast to both clan and family (either one or the other).

typecast list
    *************************[ Your Available Typecasts ]**************************
    Designer Typecast Family/Clan Type
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Divine tainted Magnagora Free
    The Divine undying Magnagora Free
    The Divine twisted Magnagora Free
    The Divine demonic Magnagora Free
    The Divine insane Magnagora Free
    The Divine diabolic Magnagora Free
    The Divine wandering N/A Free
    The Divine rogue N/A Free
    The Divine lost N/A Free
    The Divine reclusive N/A Free
    The Divine mercenary N/A Free
    The Divine neutral N/A Free

typecast list premium
    *****************[ Premium Typecasts Available for Purchase ]******************
    Designer Typecast Family/Clan Type
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Divine carefree N/A Premium
    The Divine hesitant N/A Premium
    The Divine wistful N/A Premium
    The Divine adorable N/A Premium
    The Divine defiant N/A Premium
    The Divine grotesque N/A Premium
    The Divine callous N/A Premium
    The Divine sleepy N/A Premium
    The Divine persnickety N/A Premium
    The Divine ferocious N/A Premium
    The Divine cynical N/A Premium
    The Divine tranquil N/A Premium
    The Divine unstable N/A Premium
    The Divine versatile N/A Premium
    The Divine vigilant N/A Premium
    The Divine cantankerous N/A Premium
    The Divine emotional N/A Premium
    The Divine gloomy N/A Premium
    The Divine pensive N/A Premium
    The Divine devoted N/A Premium
    The Divine therapeutic N/A Premium
    The Divine radiant N/A Premium
    The Divine maverick N/A Premium
    The Divine icy N/A Premium
    The Divine fractal N/A Premium
    The Divine wrathful N/A Premium
    The Divine eccentric N/A Premium
  • Are custom typecasts limited to just one word, or can they be 2-3?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Also, is it possible for cities to request new city typecasts (maybe via the Patron instead of this system)? I know a fair number of people who would like to bear the typecast Collectivist, but it doesn't seem appropriate for a single family (sorry, Pavok). It could be attached to one of the city's major clans but that seems like a workaround.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Ooh, these sound fun! Even more reason to get to Demigoddess!
    Dibs on adorable.
    I used to make cakes.

• Pretty much as soon as the announce sunk in, I customized up a number of typecasts to cover various versions of my character's major themes. I'm reminded of the domain name grab of yesteryear.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Estarra said:

If cities were to buy them, we'd charge 3M gold.

That's really not a bad deal at all. /chin
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Since there is an "icy" premium, can there be a fire one too?
  • Isn't "fiery" already a default Gaudi one?
  • Eldanien does bring up a good point. I think locking in typecasts to a person or group forever and ever might not be a good idea - if someone else pays the credits, they should be able to get access to a typecast they want. I think (I hope) that's the idea and the implementation, anyway, but just in case it is not, might be a good idea to clarify it.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Cantankerous sounds good!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shuyin said:

Xenthos, get pedantic.

Aren't I already?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited August 2016
    Would it be possible to get racial typecasts? I know it's been suggested already, but I think people would be happy with (race) demigod -- imo, this should be a free feature, but I'd be willing to bet that many people would pay 50cr for it if it had to be sold.

At least, for your honours. not for your desc that already has it.

edited August 2016
    I wouldn't pay 50 for race, but 10cr for a "premium" maybe. Still should be free.
    I used to make cakes.

• I wish there was a merchant-y typecast :(
  • @Estarra, could there maybe be achievement typecasts?

Like "Vengeful" for getting x achievements from the vengeance category, "Duelist" for arena duels, "Diplomatic" for influencing, maybe "Centarian" for being over 100. Maybe quests too, the easiest example would be a typecast for getting your orgbix
  • Ohh, I don't know if that would be easy to weave into the system but it sounds cool.
  • Saran said:

@Estarra, could there maybe be achievement typecasts?

Like "Vengeful" for getting x achievements from the vengeance category, "Duelist" for arena duels, "Diplomatic" for influencing, maybe "Centarian" for being over 100. Maybe quests too, the easiest example would be a typecast for getting your orgbix

I like this idea a lot if it's at all practical.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • edited August 2016
    Drocilla said:

Ohh, I don't know if that would be easy to weave into the system but it sounds cool.

I was also kinda wondering if this system could maybe be expanded to the other choice powers once there's been some time to see how it goes (aside from zap and shout maybe)?

Again, with the hope of choices as rewards cause I'm the sort that would love earning (rather than buying) things like... a teleport from the facility that involves pulling out a mysterious gadget and punching in some aetheric coordinates, ooh a seren one that lets you use something like the "teleport moon" lines, maybe one where you debate with reality about where you are located for influencing :P
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Saran said:

...debate with reality about where you are located for influencing :P

Girl is so stubborn she got in an argument with physics about where she was, and physics ended up sulking in the corner.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Potato typecast, please.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hmm...as far as contributions:

altruistic
    beatific (Celest only)
    corpulent
    elegant
    gallant
    illustrious
    imperious
    nimble
    noble
    patriarchal/matriarchal
    prestigious
    regal
    righteous
    umbral
    visionary
    willful

If you want some conditional typecasts:
    D'Varshan - Teaching lessons to other players
    Dionaman - Resurrection achievements, or healed x number of hit points (own or others')
    Juliaran - Vengeance wins
    Kiakodan - Quest completions
    Klangrachi - arena wins
    Shanthine - Influencing
    Tzarazikan - chance based add-on to wheel spins, gambling wins, or presents. (meaning you get it in addition to whatever you would have won)
    Urlachian - kills achievements
    Vesteran - stage wins
  • Disloyal - have at least one guild skill flexed from three different cities/communes
    Bastard (or Illegitimate if that's deemed overly offensive) - have no family
    Mercantile - three active tradeskills
    Interstellar - bind retirement credits
    Snowflake - spend more than 1000 credits on customizations
  • @estarra - Just got demi yesterday and typecast is the first power I've bought. I love the option! However, the custom and premium ones are simply not attractive to me due to how expensive they are. If they were cheaper (like 5 for premium, 10-15 for custom), I'd have already bought several with credits. I'm probably on the mid-to-higher end of the credit buying spectrum, for context (I set aside a few hundred a month for game/hobby spending).

/2 cents
  • I don't know. I distinctly remember Cyndarin scoffing at it a bit when these came out and saying something along the lines of "50cr for a word?" and yet she has one too now. I think it is priced just right.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Can orders have their own typecasts pretty please? Even as premium, if our divine can't pay for them like they do with expansions or we can't buy them with gold?