The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    We're going in circle, and now pointless claims. So let's just take a shot.

vote: Arix
  • and the other question is how do I switch to
  • er, who do I switch to
  • UNVOTE
    Vote: Arix
  • Cyndarin said:
    I'm not sure that claim was entirely necessary. 
    Not really but no one was talking and I was gonna get lynched.
    Ah didn't see that 2 hour limit. Valid point. 
  • I think Portius has only had a few posts this phase, and none of them with a lot of actual substance.

Looks like we are jumping onto Arix though?

• Unvote
    Vote: Portius

I don't care who, we just need to vote for someone.
  • Can we get a count?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lehki said:
    I think Portius has only had a few posts this phase, and none of them with a lot of actual substance.

Looks like we are jumping onto Arix though?
    Is there something in particular that you'd like me to say?

I try not to comment unless I have something to add. But if we're just picking someone because we have to have someone for mob mentality, I can chime in on that.

Sidd is a decent informative choice, and he's low risk. He claimed being a one-shot vigilante, and he used that shot. If he's telling the truth, he is now a vanilla townie. That would make him the least painful person to lose to a mislynch.

He has a history of opportunistic voting at the end of the day phase. That's a pretty scummy move.

Fortunately, he's pretty valuable as a target. Consider the following:

Scum could have colluded with each other to jump on Tremula, or they could have been opportunistic.

If it was working together, most of the train would be scum. If it was opportunism, odds are it would only be the last person. So lynching the last person on the Trem train would give the best odds of hitting any scum that was on it.

If we're gonna take a stab in the dark with a few minutes on the clock (again.) I'd like to go for the person who is a minimal loss at best and has better than random odds of being scum.

So, VOTE: SIDD
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I still have Daykill powers FYI

• The whole flip-flop thing lost us a detective before, I'm going to VOTE: SIDD

• UNVOTE

VOTE ARIX
  • let the people decide
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Thyelleia said:
    What Arix said.
    I'm sorry, but this isn't much of an answer.

So I'll just postulate.

If you were suspicious of Sao's motives, alignment, or actions, then you could have used some ability to look into her - investigation, block, kill, who knows.

If you believed that Sao was town and in danger, then you could have tried to protect her.

Either way, you claim to only have used your power on Saobutt. If you have such a pro-town role, why would you not use it on night 1, too? Possibilities: you were blocked night 1 or you have some limited ability. I don't see the former, and I have no basis for the latter. 

The alternative is that you're lying completely. You say that you "suspected" Saobutt, based on "claims" which hadn't occurred until after you would have acted, and now your sole claim is predicated on your visiting a jailed person.

Vote Thyelleia

(I stopped typing this so many times, because wtf refresh wtf is happening above but whatever wtf)
  • The choice is between me and Arix at the moment, choose wisely Kelly, or the corner you will sit in again.
  • VOTE: ARIX
    lul, better keep my corner buddy

Vote Arix
    Anyway, still think there's something to be said, regarding Thyelleia. We'll see!
  • Doot de doo
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Arix: Cyndarin, Sidd, Lehki, Kaimanahi
    @Sidd: Portius, Arix

With 11 now alive, it is 6 to reach a majority lynch.

MOB MENTALITY HAS SPOKEN.

Though just as you begin to descend upon Arix, you are stunned to see him executed before your eyes! The gunshot rings out once, and then there is silence.

Arix was...

Lady Eboshi from Princess Mononoke!

You believe in the ruthless continuance of progress in a world of industry, and though it leaves nature at a disadvantage, you know in your heart that your actions are for the greater good of your people. You're a fearless leader, quick to act and wise in your judgment. Still, your ideology has its dissenters, among them San - or should we say Princess Mononoke.

While you are technically a villain, it's helpful to note that your role is feasibly a "good" one too - everything you do, you do in order to take care of your people. Alas, you're still a mafia member in this game's set-up, though!

1-Time Executioner: You may stealthily kill a player during the dayphase once they have reached half the total votes required to reach a lynch without relying on the day running out. This will be done by a private PM to me, and will not be traceable back to you. This is a one-time use, so choose wisely!

You win with the Mafia and may confer with your fellow members at night.

With that, the remaining 10 of you retire for the night...

---

IT IS NOW NIGHT THREE.

Please send me your night actions by PM before the twenty-four hours have expired. Otherwise, you will take no action this night. Please do not post in this thread until the next dayphase.

(Night Three will end at 10pm EST on Friday, 10/6, or when all night actions are received.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited October 2017
    NIGHT ACTIONS ARE IN!

I am very tired and will send out messages probably tomorrow(today?) in the morning EST. Sorry for delay!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    MESSAGES ARE OFFICIALLY BEING SENT OUT!

PLEASE STANDBY FOR THE START OF DAY FOUR!
    Daraius said:
    edited October 2017
    Pandemonium breaks out as the night erupts into a series of screams and flames! You all find yourselves running madly about, and in the aftermath of day, find two of you did not make it out alive:

Vivet was...

Sheeta, from Castle in the Sky!

You are the rightful princess of Laputa, and as such, the owner of an aetherium crystal capable of protecting those you choose to watch over. More headstrong than you let on, you possess an adventuring spirit and wondrous curiosity that takes you on quite a journey, and makes you difficult to capture by those who wish you ill.

Doctor: 
    You may protect a player of your choosing at night, preventing them from being killed.

You win with the Town.

---

Beside her, you see the remains of Othero, who was...
    No-Face from Spirited Away!

You're a restless spirit, hungry for... well, something. Is it companionship? Or a new face to call your own? It's difficult to know, but there is a part of you that can't help but devour all around you in your search to learn just who it is you are, or want to eventually be.

Copycat: 
    The first time someone dies, you feast upon them and take their abilities and face as your own. You find you have an uncanny knack for mimicking voices perfectly!

(Important Note: Copycat will not work on mason abilities, but will work on mafia abilities, so be aware that your long-term alignment is still uncertain until your new role is set. If two people die simultaneously the first time blood is drawn, you may choose which of the roles you take as long as they meet the non-mason criteria.)

Your alignment is as of yet unknown, and thus Third Party Survivor until told otherwise.

(Beside No-Face's body, you see the spat out body of Ponyo, whose powers, alignment, and form Othero had been assuming since her death.)

---

~It is Day Four~
    With eight alive, it takes five to reach majority lynch.
    Mob Mentality is in effect.

(Day Four will end at 10/10, Tuesday, at 2:00 PM EST, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    FINALLY I HAVE MY REVENGE ON ARIX. I HAVE NEVER FORGOTTEN THAT CHAINSAW.
  • Well, sounds like the arson set things on fire.

So it seems to me that the sketchy people at this point are@Portius, @Thyelleia and @Lehki

I'm buying what Kelly's selling about Thyelleia, but I have a feeling Portius jumped to Arix's (and himself kinda) rescue. 
    Vote: Thyelleia

• I was jailed during the night so I was unable to do anything and am neither mafia nor the arsonist.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Alright. Something that I would like your opinions on:

Sylandra mentioned fire at the start of her post, and we had two night deaths. Conclusion: arsonist detonated.

Do we think that both of those kills were from arson, or one from arson and one from mafia?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I can confirm @Sidd visited no one last night
  • Yeah definitely seems like the arson struck last night. Hard to say if both deaths were the arson, but gonna guess that at least Othero was considering that he had claimed firefighter.