The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• Maybe we could try solving it via finding the bus driver. But since I'm not that familiar with that role (and didn't even know about it before this game), I'm not sure if my idea works. So I have two questions for people who play more often than me: 1. is it possible for a bus driver to set themselves as one part of a swap? 2. are they usually mafia, town or third party?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Thyelleia said:
    Maybe we could try solving it via finding the bus driver. But since I'm not that familiar with that role (and didn't even know about it before this game), I'm not sure if my idea works. So I have two questions for people who play more often than me: 1. is it possible for a bus driver to set themselves as one part of a swap? 2. are they usually mafia, town or third party?
    There are a lot of variants on bus drivers. Some mods allow self targeting, others don't.

They can be any role. Third party is very unlikely, although I guess a mod could put it on a survivor, who would use it to protect themselves from nightkill and try to direct mafia kills on to people that threaten them. I wouldn't seriously consider 3rd party bus driver as an option unless I had evidence that actively pointed towards it. Town or scum is much more likely, though.

I need to look back through the thread to make sure I haven't missed anything, but are we positive it's a bus driver (Everyone who targeted A hits B, everyone who targeted B hits A) or are we also potentially dealing with a deflector (Everyone who targeted A hits B) or a redirector (A hits B instead of their intended target)?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    So that deflector section should read 'everyone who targeted A hits B' and not have a smiley because I happened to use parentheses poorly.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Thank you for the explanation. Ah, yeah, I forgot about the variants. If we could be sure that there was no self targetting involved, we could rule out Ordassa, Shaddus and Sidd (because we know their roles), Portius (because he was part of the most recent swap) and me (because I was jailed last night). We could also rule out any others who were once affected by the driver and are still alive, if there are any, but since it was quite a few pages back, I can't find the posts that talk about the other swaps at the moment.

Then again, we could also be dealing with a variant that's able to target themselves or one of the other roles Portius mentioned....which would make my idea useless.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Portius: Sidd, Lehki (2)
    @Lehki: Portius, Ordassa (2)

With eight alive, it takes five to reach majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Portius will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Four will end at 10/10, Tuesday, at 2:00 PM EST, or when a majority lynch is reached.)

(PS: sorry @Lehki, just included your vote in the earlier count that I missed)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    *Due to personal reasons, @Portius will be leaving the game and requires a replacement player.*

If you are interested, please message me. If we do not find a replacement player for Portius, his role will be modvigged at the end of the dayphase.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • That's unfortunate.

Hey @Sidd didn't you say you had more day kills? Could resolve this right now.
  • I have a cooldown between when I can use them, which is why I was itchy to use it earlier. I won't be able to use it again until next day phase.
  • Ah. Well in the meantime then, we haven't heard from @Kelly or @Shaddus yet.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I really don't know why y'all are going all in with this Portius vs Lehki business. Given what I've explained, it makes no sense to me to continue the conversation. We have more to gain trying to figure out the last mafia member. I doubt there's four, and if we kill mafia, the arsonist loses as well. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sorry, it's been a busy day and I'm half awake. Thy-whatsis was with me last night.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So who is the last member of the mafia?

If you think we should be moving that direction, then point us that way and start throwing suggestions out. Otherwise, I'm sticking with my vote for now.
  • Cleared with alibi

shaddus = jailed Thyiella
    ordassa = tracker
    sidd     =  vigilante (victims died by fire. visited no one.)
    Thyelleia = jailed by shaddus. power unknown
    portius  = power detective (visited lehki)
    accused

lehki (howl) = arsonist (portius accuses)
    unknown. no alibi
    (one has to  be calcifer if howl & he are linked. calcifer could be the bus driver as he drives the castle)

@Kaimanahi
    @Cyndarin

so either it is one of the unknowns, or lehki or portius is lying.

@Portius is there a reason to lie?
    @Lehki howl's power would be transformation & escape. Does your power work in tandem with howl?

if we lynch Cyndarin or Kaimanahi 50/50 of getting mafia IF arsonist powers dont need a delay of one night. If they do, then one in three. @Thyelleia can you disprove this?

@Sylandra do arsonist powers need a time delay? (am I allowed this question?)
  • I am inclined to trust portius. my vote for lehki stands
    Sorry, I can't answer hypothetical power questions here! You'll have to sort through that yourself.
    Daraius said:
  • @Ordassa Do you mean if my theory would still work then (it's very vague anyway since we don't know the exact nature of the bus driver ability)?
  • @Thyelleia can you re-state your theory?
  • From all the people who don't have alibis for last night, it rules out Portius as the bus driver since he was one part of the swap. Then again, we don't know what sort of bus driver we're dealing with so it might also be possible that he targetted himself and therefore swapped himself with Sidd in case somebody was using a power on him. So that would mean if we believe Portius that Lehki is the arsonist, it leaves Portius, Cyndarin and Kaimanahi as bus driver suspects. The whole thing is minus Portius if we work suppositon that the bus driver can't target themselves.
  • I say @Kaimanahi is the bus driver because @Cyndarin usually plays evil characters. (I flipped a coin)
  • Ok

1) Thyelleia could still be mafia. There doesn't appear to be a mafia action last night (if arsonist isn't mafia, which is a big IF) but since that's what we're assuming, we can roll with that.
    2) Cyndarin had some kind of protection power or Vivet saved her night 2. We don't really know which, and I doubt she'd volunteer that information, but assuming she had her own protective powers, it's unlikely she's the bus driver, meaning that the bus driver is likely Kelly. Maybe Kelly will confirm that, I don't know.

3) Since Portius stepped out, and I don't know if he'll be replaced, I'll 
    UNVOTE
    VOTE: LEHKI

I think it's unfortunate that it occurred this way.

Vote Count:
    @Portius: Lehki (1)
    @Lehki: Portius, Ordassa, Sidd (3)

Based on the current votes, @Lehki will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Four will end at 10/10, Tuesday, at 2:00 PM EST, or when a majority lynch is reached.)

*Reminder that we are looking for a replacement player for Portius! If he is not replaced by the end of the dayphase, his role will be modvigged. PM me if you're interested.*
    Daraius said:
  • If we lynch @Lehki and no one dies by fire we would have lost calcifer too. IF he isnt lying. Then portius is prolly mafia?
  • I'm not sure why you're so inclined to believe Portius on this, @Ordassa. There's no actual proof that he did actually visit me or you the other night, that's just his claim.

And again I think there's issues with his claim when you really look at it, like it not really fitting very well with the character he claimed, plus that he claims to get only the power, and not the name as well like Yarith got. He only accused me in reaction to the votes on him. Also don't forget why we were voting for him in the first place, he lurked for most of the game, and last day phase he opted to vote for Sidd who was pretty clearly Town at that point, over Arix, who we know for sure now was Scum.

I'm pretty sure he's just making a desperate gamble hoping that I am the arson so that it clears his name and gets people to back off of him. 
  • @Lehki good point but your only defence at this point is I am howl and portius is lying because his role & power do not match. we cannot verify either claim. @Portius has 'fessed up. 10+ trust points.

if we lynch lehki we lose calcifer too but i am willing to bet they are town AND i rather not lose them. As it stands lehki seems fishier to me at present. if needs must, i will. if people still die by fire after the two of you are gone...portius goes on the block for lying.
  • personally i rather shelve this & take a crack at the three unknowns BUT we have no leads but you two.
    My vote stands
  • Actually, yeah. I'm really most suspicious of Portius, but if he is going to be modvigged, then

UNVOTE
    Vote: Thyelleia
    Vote Count:
    @Portius: Lehki (1)
    @Thyelleia: Sidd (1)

*Reminder that we are looking for a replacement player for Portius! If he is not replaced by the end of the dayphase, his role will be modvigged. PM me if you're interested.*
    Daraius said:
  • Well, better than myself. 

UNVOTE
    VOTE: Thyelleia
    Vote Count:
    @Thyelleia: Sidd, Lehki (2)

*Reminder that we are looking for a replacement player for Portius! If he is not replaced by the end of the dayphase, his role will be modvigged. PM me if you're interested.*
    Daraius said:
  • Okay...so I seem to be a welcome suspect for the mafia role now. Can somebody please tell me who I'm supposed to have killed? During the second night when Yarith was probably switched out for the mafia's original target, I used my ability on Saobutt but wasn't able to do so since she was jalied that night. I don't know if Shaddus gets provided with the fluff messages that appear when somebody tries to act on his jailed targets but if so, I'll gladly explain what happened when I targetted Saobutt so he can confirm. Also, if there are any people with investigative abilites left, I welcome them to use them on me since I have nothing to hide.