My beast may or may not be better than your beast!

Comments

• edited November 2014
    With leathery wings unfurled, a black gryphon is here, wreathed in a miasma of wailing souls.

This legendary, queenly creature is a beast bred to possess both the upper build of an eagle and the lower build of a lion, bearing a lithesome body covered in short, black fur as she stretches on her powerful hind-legs. In contrast, her avian head is feathered, two long and elegant plumes tipping her ears as they attend to every sound, her eyes glowing a soft brown. Soft, downy feathers of purest white form a regal crest, not unsimilar to the effect of a lion's mane. Enormous, leathery wings protrude from her back, unfurling with grand purpose to double her already impressive span of length. Her white-furred tail whipping about restlessly behind her, she clenches and unclenches her front talons, wreathed in a miasma of wailing souls. She is called 'Smog.'
  • i just don't understand how eafs can take upwards of 5 hours to make, requiring enemyship to some pretty important places

and have their entire description have three variables: what is its loose skin largely covered with, does it have tusks or pig ears or something, and what is its aura of weird emotion made out of?

on top of having no ambient messages

no messages when you interact with them

and really, really bad inherents for influences that just about no one uses, only worth 100 trains total

whyyyyyy
  • If they were decent, everyone would get enemied to the forests as they scrabbled for these critters.
  • you kind of expect quest beasts that take that much effort to be at least partway decent, though

there's basically no point to them and I am having buyer's remorse over getting a collar before I saw it grown up (i'm stupid like that)

i mean, wyverns are great!
  • It was my impression that eaf are there for people who want to roleplay evil mad scientist, not for pet collectors :)
  • Marcella said:
    and have their entire description have three variables: what is its loose skin largely covered with, does it have tusks or pig ears or something, and what is its aura of weird emotion made out of?
    All beasts have exactly four pieces of variation to them: one each for each of the different feed pairs and then one for their (potential lack of) wings. I suppose technically it's possible that one or more could be omitted from the descriptions, but this isn't a thing that I've ever seen done (and isn't the case for the eafs!).
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Shaddus said:
    Maybe these beasts are temporary, and all the created ones will come together soon to form a giant faeflesh golem which fights avechna and ends up breaking the seals. We figured it out. You people are forming a flesh Voltron who will release Kethuru.
    Thanks for reminding me to craft my suit of totem voltron armor.
  • They're actually pretty cute. The eaf thingies. Just the rotting skin part gets my hackles up. =(

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Are the wing nubs actual wings, or what they have when they don't have wings? Maybe they would look nicer with cool wings?

#bringbackwombats

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited November 2014
    Is that @Eritheyl?

EDIT: Please don't hate me, I was totally kidding.

• edited November 2014
    Since we're posting eafs, this one came from eggfeed.

A twisted mockery of science and nature, this toothless eaf'Eramich casts his baleful gaze about,
    the occasional grimace of pain spasming across his boar-like face. Sickeningly grey and mottled in
    the few spots where it has been rubbed raw, this eaf'Eramich's loose skin is largely covered with
    something phosphorous. Creating dark red welts where it breaks through his skin, bloody wing-like
    stumps jut out, sprouting from some internal location. While largely concentrated in the form of a
    halo above his head, a faint aura of visible greed also weaves and twists its way about the
    eaf'Eramich's body.

Miserable thing, isn't he?

Oh, for clarity: When I call him a miserable little thing, I mean it in the best way possible. It's totally fitting and I love it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I actually wondered that too...  X_X
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Toothless and greedy. Ouch.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm not sure why you're surprised, these things aren't made from rainbows and sunshine :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • But that's EXACTLY what they're made out of.
    Shouldn't that last one be largely covered in something phosphorescent? Phosphorous would likely burn.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Shouldn't that last one be largely covered in something phosphorescent? Phosphorous would likely burn.
    It's a hot toothless greedy eaf!

• edited November 2014
    Well, I gave it wings.

A twisted mockery of science and nature, this tusked eaf'Eramich casts his baleful gaze about, the occasional grimace of pain spasming across his boar-like face. Sickeningly grey and mottled in the few spots where it has been rubbed raw, this eaf'Eramich's loose skin is largely covered with small bristly hairs. Creating dark red welts where it breaks through his skin, wings of spotted grey fur jut out, sprouting from some internal location. While largely concentrated in the form of a halo above his head, a faint aura of visible understanding also weaves and twists its way about the eaf'Eramich's body. He is called 'Faeanatar.'

They kind of remind me of a catoblepas.
  • For fear of not being relevant when I'm done and it's December...

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    If pigs had wings.

Aside from the wings, that's an amazingly interesting manticore.

You administer a dose of zimoru reagent to your a snarling manticore with a short-cut, white mane. A
    golden glow surrounds her which shimmers and you watch in amazement as she transforms into a
    snarling manticore with a silver-tinted mane.

A snarling manticore with a silver-tinted mane rests midnight obsidian wings here, oddly possessing a
    rattlesnake's tail.
  • Shaddus said:
    You administer a dose of zimoru reagent to your a snarling manticore with a short-cut, white mane. A
    golden glow surrounds her which shimmers and you watch in amazement as she transforms into a
    snarling manticore with a silver-tinted mane.

A snarling manticore with a silver-tinted mane rests midnight obsidian wings here, oddly possessing a
    rattlesnake's tail.
    Hawt.
  • Why do you need to end up enemied? Can't you fill the fleshpot with Eaf corpses?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.