Simple Ideas

Comments

• edited March 2017
    How about, Newbies stepping out of the Portal of Fate spits them out directly into the Collegium area?

(@Ianir ?)

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Aeldra said:
    Mage/guardian swinging a two handed claymore feels... odd to me.
    I agree, but I've actually had experienced players tell my recent tiny-alt to stop using my claymore, even when I insisted it was more efficient/effective. I even offered to show them, but they just laughed at me and patted me on the head. I feel like this is Not A Good Thing.
  • Vivet said:
    Aeldra said:
    I agree, but I've actually had experienced players tell my recent tiny-alt to stop using my claymore, even when I insisted it was more efficient/effective. I even offered to show them, but they just laughed at me and patted me on the head. I feel like this is Not A Good Thing.

Hmm Is the newbie claymore any different than crafted claymores in terms of damge? I thought they were basically the same thing. Like if swinging with a weapon is better than your class skills you could always just get a forger to craft a bunch of claymores for your novices?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Veyils said:
    Vivet said:
    Aeldra said:

Hmm Is the newbie claymore any different than crafted claymores in terms of damge? I thought they were basically the same thing. Like if swinging with a weapon is better than your class skills you could always just get a forger to craft a bunch of claymores for your novices?
    No idea, would require testing.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    If I could get a way to wear multiple flowers at once without spamming in my manse that would be great. Sadly "WEAR ALL ROSE" and "WEAR ALL FLOWER" and "WEAR 19 LILY" do not work, and I really wish they did.
  • Could we have cltoff/clton all? Just for those times when you might want to stop all clan chatter for a bit.
  • Hmm, that would be nice actually.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tirah said:
    Would be pretty cool for listofferings to go from newest to oldest, rather than having to do more 50 times to see the newest offerings.
    Unfortunately this is less simple than you would think.  They actually did this for a while but had to retcon it because it was a significant source of lag on some of those really lengthy logs.
  • Tirah said:
    Would be pretty cool for listofferings to go from newest to oldest, rather than having to do more 50 times to see the newest offerings.
    You can search offerings by date too, not sure if that helps. 
    Listofferings 2017/03/08

Sondayga said:
    Tirah said:
    You can search offerings by date too, not sure if that helps. 
    Listofferings 2017/03/08
    Keep in mind that is actually a filter, so you are not restricted to just date.  You can also look for names or other common words (but "corpses" probably won't do you much good).
    So, I know that we can't currently have coded WEAR x FLOWER, but could we perhaps implement a way to disable receiving messages about flower decay? They seem like the item most likely to decay in bulk in your inventory when you're not in game.
  • Selenity said:
    So, I know that we can't currently have coded WEAR x FLOWER, but could we perhaps implement a way to disable receiving messages about flower decay? They seem like the item most likely to decay in bulk in your inventory when you're not in game.
    No different than having 20-50 cupcakes decaying ;-;
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Design a dress with 800 flower comms instead of wearing 800 flowers.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    You act like I buy the flowers or Selenity asks for them. I tried selling them in my shop. Lynnie bought them and gave them back to my character. I just straight up can't escape them.
    Selenity said:
    Candies in candyboxes are also spammy at times.
    Selenity said:
    Daraius said:
    You act like I buy the flowers or Selenity asks for them. I tried selling them in my shop. Lynnie bought them and gave them back to my character. I just straight up can't escape them.
    Tell him you added them all to your flower dress.
    I used to make cakes.

• I think it's cute, but do remember other players use flowers. I keep encountering them sold out everywhere and with beauty cave empty when I go to do bookwyrms :(
    Breandryn said:
    I think it's cute, but do remember other players use flowers. I keep encountering them sold out everywhere and with beauty cave empty when I go to do bookwyrms :(
    Coltsfoot works too.
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited March 2017
    So apropos of nothing at all: CITY COMM <commodity> WITHDRAW # as a priv for CL and Trade Minister.
  • Daraius said:
    Breandryn said:
    I think it's cute, but do remember other players use flowers. I keep encountering them sold out everywhere and with beauty cave empty when I go to do bookwyrms :(
    Coltsfoot works too.
    <3 You're now my hero. I *KNEW* there was a riftable thing but after I tried like 10 different herbs I figured I must have dreamed that. <3
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2017
    I feel like there might be a gardener of some sort in the Triple Junction Inn who usually has a bunch of flowers stocked frequently if not all the time.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

It would be nice if CURIOS ALL HAIR showed all hair curio pieces, instead of only ones that have "hair" in their name somewhere.
  • Rancoura said:
    I feel like there might be a gardener of some sort in the Triple Junction Inn who usually has a bunch of flowers stocked frequently if not all the time.
    Yeah that's who I usually go to but so does Lynnie :p
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Psssst. OUTR FLOWER
  • Luce said:
    Psssst. OUTR FLOWER
    I did try that! I was just...out of coltsfoot. I was never gonna figure it out >_>
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Some people like flowers for other things too! I feel like I now know who Lynnie is with these same old shenanigans. Spamming is not caring, people.

• THIS IS NOT A SIMPLE IDEA. And I don't care. I want it anyway. Now.

CURIO COMPLETE [partial #]

Attaches any pieces that you own and are not already on the partial.

I pledge 500 credits for this to be implemented. Others will join the pledge, mark my words.