Congrats Glomdoring!

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Obviously you folks aren't trying hard enough. Gotta stack that dust.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Disparity between numbers, skill mechanics, total lack of melder on our side (systemic problem though so eh, Mage rework when?), and proliferation of Seals on their side allowing easy passing of the staff like a game of Hot Potato makes any strategy unviable anyway. To those that railed against yet another Glom win...you did well, no matter how it broke down.

To Glom...it was as expected. Congrats on the victory. Less gloating and more focus on balancing the game for next year now is in order, without the usual metagaming to keep it skewered as it currently stands, and it will be more enjoyable for all.

In before "It's actually your fault, be more positive, apply more dust, warriors are fine and balanced right now despite even the admin agreeing they are not, everyone ELSE is toxic and this is what you get" etc, etc.
  • I read this thread on my phone before I got home and logged in. Assumed I was going to read about a very cut and dry ascension on the news.

I'm feeling seriously trolled right now.

But it's all good.

• Jolanthe said:
    I read this thread on my phone before I got home and logged in. Assumed I was going to read about a very cut and dry ascension on the news.

I'm feeling seriously trolled right now.

But it's all good.

Oh, it was cut and dry at first. Then well then things happened. It was close. Glomdoring did deserve this victory. 
  • as opposed to some previous victories
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I was happy that by the time I was able to get on and play it was actually still going and I could join. Despite cries of being batphoned - PSH I don't come when anyone calls me.

Congratulations Yendor. I love that it wasn't a sure thing until the very end.

• people are always going to make batphone accusations, it's all part of the winning
  • Xenthos said:
    How do you batphone someone for Ascension..?  I mean, everyone knows the time up front.
    'Hey guys, something happen and it isn't going to be a runaway event like we all thought.'
  • Who cares if people batphone or not?  It's not against the rules.  Everyone does it, as is their right, especially since it's out of the game so what people want to do is not for us to say.
  • I am pretty sure the Twitter account is a "bat phone" as well as the twitter bot in the discord. Isn't the point to have more people around and active?
  • From the last battle on Scorpio:

10905h, 9895m, 12420e, 5p mBelrxkd<>
    You make out the scent of Aurik coming from an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous heart.
    You make out the scent of Saz coming from a deep lava pit set in a sea of seething blood.
    You make out the scent of Choros coming from an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous heart.
    You make out the scent of Kyalrhin coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Esri coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Poihala coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Afollia coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Stratas coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Maligorn coming from alongside a flaming pool of poisons.
    You make out the scent of Gurashi coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Kreon coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Ishra coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Lavinya coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Ryc coming from alongside a flaming pool of poisons.
    You make out the scent of Aramel coming from an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous heart.
    You make out the scent of Deichtine coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Nelras coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Innon coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Yendor coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Lorina coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Akyaevin coming from an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous heart.
    You make out the scent of Siam coming from beneath a glowing sapphire.
    You make out the scent of Vatul coming from an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous heart.
    You make out the scent of Rancoura coming from an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous heart.
    You make out the scent of Avurekhos coming from an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous heart.
    You make out the scent of Steingrim coming from a writhing ocean of venomous serpents.
    You make out the scent of Kethaera coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Onya coming from an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous heart.
    You make out the scent of Malarious coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Xenthos coming from an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous heart.
    You make out the scent of Rolsand coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Ilthilior coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Minkahmet coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    You make out the scent of Ixion coming from a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    10905h, 9895m, 12420e, 6p mBelrxkd<>
    1|5063 : steingrim: a writhing ocean of venomous serpents.
    1|5065 : saz: a deep lava pit set in a sea of seething blood.
    1|10573 : siam: beneath a glowing sapphire.
    2|5068 : maligorn and ryc: alongside a flaming pool of poisons.
    9|5067 : akyaevin, aramel, aurik, avurekhos, choros, onya, rancoura, vatul, and xenthos: an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous heart.
    20|5062 : afollia, deichtine, esri, gurashi, ilthilior, innon, ishra, ixion, kethaera, kreon, kyalrhin, lavinya, lorina, malarious, minkahmet, nelras, poihala, rolsand, stratas, and yendor: a gruesome room of flesh covered in running sores.
    [35 visible in area]

Now that's a scent.

• And the final scores at the end for those interested (this was super close):

******************************[ The Nine Seals ]*******************************
                              Seal   Bearer     Score
                             Chaos : Kreon          0
                               War : Tarken        84
                           Justice : Ixion        177
                            Nature : Dys            0
                         Knowledge : Kalaneya       0
                            Beauty : Jolanthe       0
                              Life : Malarious   3325
                             Death : Yendor      3577
                           Harmony : Enadonella     0
    *******************************************************************************

Tremble before my amazing score. I guess Malarious did ok as well.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Nerf Tarken
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.