Maylea, Nocht, and keeping an Eye on Snapdragons

edited December 2019 in Event Scrolls
A melodious humming graces the air as a large, banded bumblebee tumbles into the area. It buzzes about your face before landing on your nose briefly.
Then it takes off, erratically hovering southwards.

Secluded grove by the river.
Tangled thicket.
Through thick undergrowth.
Through a wall of trees.
Clearing at the edge of the woods.

The bumblebee emerges into view once more, landing on top of your head.

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.
You try to glance up at the bee, "Hello little one, long time no see."

The bumblebee takes off at your voice and movement, disappearing into the underbrush. You hear a voice among the rustling of the leaves,
"Eldin. I would speak with you, if you have a moment."

You nod slowly at the bush, "Of course! Do You wish me to come to Your Fulcrux?"
Maylea's eyes sparkle with amusement.

In a gravelly voice, you say, "That works too!"
In a gravelly voice, you say to Maylea, "You are pretty stealthy."

Shaking Her head, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Here is likely less alarming and noticeable."
You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Maylea reaches forward and tilts your chin with a single finger. "Are you well, Eldin?" Her golden eye flickers in the light of dusk.
You ponder the question and then nod as much able, "I believe so. Nothing untoward has happened to me lately at any rate."
Maylea breaks into a smile. "Good to hear." She draws Her sari about Herself, slowly pacing about you in a circle, wildflowers blooming under each step.
"You still remember the task to which I had set you?"

You nod once more, your body shifting slightly as the seriousness of the visit suddenly weighs on you, "I do..."
Stopping directly before your face, Maylea asks, "Are you ready to take the Eye for Me, if it was before you?"

You smile softly.
In a gravelly voice, you say to Maylea, "I would do anything for You."

Maylea's golden and azure eyes gaze into your own, assessing, judging. She blinks once, the scar across the azure eye flashing. "Very well."
You sense as if you had passed some test you did not know you were passing.

Maylea turns away and draws a shimmering shroud of shadows from Her sari. It appears to have been wrapped about Her, hidden. Though black as Night, with
each movement, the shroud ripples with colour that had not been there the last you had gazed upon it.
You tilt your head curiously, your tophat cocking forward slightly on your head. Raising a hand to tilt the hat back once more your eyes gaze at the shroud
with fascination.

Lifting the shroud and holding it before you, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "It is ready. The way into His realm." She shakes it, causing shimmers of colour
to dance upon the night air, "You will have to wear it to find your way within."

Draping the shroud against one of Her arms, Maylea approaches you and whispers, "I cannot go with you, Eldin. Not manifested. But Mine eyes will be upon, and
I will help you how I can, if I can."

You gulp softly, "I am guessing it will not be as simple a task as just wear the shroud and make a dash for the door." you say with a quiet chuckle.

(Serenwilde): Ani says, "Hello, Serenwilde."

Shaking Her head, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I do not know what Nocht places within His realms."
In a gravelly voice, you say, "Well I will try to be quiet and let sleeping things sleep."

Carefully offering it handle first, Maylea gives a dagger of prismatic amber to you.
Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "For moving the Eye, if it is affixed, and you cannot simply take it."

You gingerly take the dagger, your bony fingers clasping the handle. "Is this to... I was afraid You would say that."

Maylea's attention is not on you, but on the shroud against Her arm. "This shroud is still Nocht's. It will fight against you. But I have made it so you can use it
to your own purposes. Be careful, My dear."

Maylea gives a shimmering shroud of shadows to you.

This dagger has been fashioned from a single block of amber, plays of colour and light dancing about it in many hues. Within, blackthorn blossoms have been preserved
in perfect form, trailing along the blade like achromatic snowflakes. The dagger's handle is made of carvings of leaves, which wrap about in smooth grooves that 
leave them comforting to the touch. A gentle glow rises from the tool, radiating warmth and a sharp, resinous fragrance.
It weighs about 1 pounds and 4 ounce(s).

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Wear it, and when you are absolutely ready, pluck some threads from it."

This shroud has been woven from the darkest black, crafted from the fabric that resembles Mother Night herself. Although the shroud appears thick and opaque, it is
strangely weightless while worn, allowing for comfortable, fluid movement. A shimmering sheen runs along the velvet surface, adding flashes of colour with every 
movement, giving the wearer a flickering, glowing aura. When worn, the fabric comes up to nearly the middle of the back of the head before sloping downwards to wrap 
around the mouth and bottom of the nose. It then wraps around the head once more before the remaining fabric is allowed to rest along the right side of the wearer's 
chest. Golden stitching twists down the length of cloth that rests along the chest, depicting words and symbols in the tongue of the fae, as well as the divine. The 
entire piece is securely kept in place by an amethyst pin in the shape of the seven-pointed star at the right shoulder, surrounded by gleaming stitching of prismatic 
orchids.
It is strangely weightless.

In a gravelly voice, you ask, "Will wearing it now cause me any ill effect or should I wait till I am to enter?"
You tilt your head curiously.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I do not think there will be any ill effect in the short term."

You slip into a shimmering shroud of shadows.
You take the shimmering fabric and hang it over your right shoulder, wind it to cover your mouth and nose and then over your left shoulder. You repeat the wrapping
at the back of your head, and then round the whole once more, before finally letting the remaining cloth drape down the right side of your chest. Finishing off, you 
pin the garment securely in place with an amethyst seven-pointed star at the right shoulder, placing it amidst a sea of prismatic orchids, and tuck and adjust the 
folds until it is completely to your liking. As the shroud now covers your facial senses save for the eyes, the sounds of the world are quieter yet also clearer.
Tilting Her head to one side, Her golden eye glittering, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "If you wish, Ani can come with you, following you with the shroud. But none
other than Mine. For this is a task of secrecy."

You nod your head at Maylea.
In a gravelly voice, you say, "I will do my best."
You smile softly.

Maylea leans forward and places a hand lightly on your cheek, swirls of colour dripping from where Her fingers touch skin. "Go soon, go quickly and quietly." She
smiles again, "And may your colours shine when you have need of them."

You smile softly.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "My eyes watch your every step, from this moment on."
Gracefully departing, Maylea dissolves into a swirl of prismatic colours.

Using your tongue and the roof of your mouth, you make a quiet clicking noise.

***Grab Ani and head to the Gambling Mushroom in Serenwilde***

Goldie's larder.
In a gravelly voice, you say, "If we gonna gamble on things this is as good a place as any to start from!"
Ani's eyes sparkle with amusement at you.

In a gravelly voice, you say, "Now to uh... figure out how this works..."
You pluck at a shimmering shroud of shadows, pulling out strands of black from amid the irridescent wash of prismatic hues that your Goddess has woven upon it. The
shadowy fabric of the shroud binds about you, tugging and squeezing as if to press the very breath from you. Suddenly, one by one the flashing colours upon the 
shroud swirl and lift to buoy you up, and the constricting cloth unwinds at a rapid spin, sending you reeling into the ether.
The ether swirls about you as you tumble between the folds of reality. For a brief moment, the clammy touch of Night sweeps over you, followed by the cold
nothingness of the Void. Your breath leaves you for but a moment, before your feet find purchase on solid ground once more.

The Awakening.
This massive platform juts outwards from the northernmost face of the temple, completely exposed to the elements of the outside. High above the walls of the temple
reach towards the sky, their cracked walls overrun with thorny vines. Below, the platform is made of unblemished obsidian. The smooth surface has been inlaid with 
glimmering gold that has been bent into a seven-pointed star. Exploding outwards from the central image are lines of divine script that twist and turn in spiraling 
patterns across the entire platform's surface. At the very edge of the platform, a railing has been carved up from the obsidian, supported by miniature idols of the 
Great Night Spirit. Beyond the railing lies an unobstructed view of the realm, several platforms floating in the distance.
You see a single exit leading south.

You blink.
You tilt back your head and inhale deeply through your nose, the whiskers of a wolf's snout upon your face twitching as you sense the faint traces of others in the
surrounding area.
Ani

Ani sniffs the air while fluttering a cute little rabbit nose.

A chill seeps into your flesh, and the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. A faint, hissing noise fills the air as if the temple, itself, objects to your
very presence.

You reach out and touch a stunning glass mosaic.
A stunning glass mosaic flashes with a violet light, denying you entry.

Using your tongue and the roof of your mouth, you make a quiet clicking noise.
Faint whispers flit through the air as soft footsteps echo somewhere farther off, drawing closer.
You gulp nervously.

*** A lot of running back and forth from room to room trying to find anything to move further (this is why I avoid quests) ***
A faint flash of emerald to the east.
To the east? That flash was definitely west.

Ani Strongleaf whispers, "Try the..thing here?"
In a gravelly voice, you say, "You don't see anything do you?"

You push a concealed button and the bookcase nearby suddenly slides open enough to allow you passage. You slip through and descend a stairwell into a solemn meeting
chamber.
Ani follows you ether.
A solemn meeting chamber.
Large windows make up the northern end of this meeting room allowing a view of the inky blackness that liners beyond the edges of the temple. At random intervals the
mammoth forms of the floating platforms drift by, casting a shadow over the entire chamber. A small alcove on the western side of the room leads to a set of stairs 
that lead upwards. The southern wall is lined with delicately carved statues, all in varying positions with their only similarity being the smooth blankness of their 
faces. At the centre of the statues is a stairwell leading down to a large open repository. Twisting around and upwards, a stairwell has been placed along the 
western edge of this room.

In a gravelly voice, you say, "Well..."
Ani follows you down.

The Repository of the Enur Il'dal.
This large chamber remains free of the intrusive growth that inches along the rest of the temple, its polished stone floors reflecting the light from several torches
placed overhead. Wooden shelves tower overhead, circling the entirety of the room with little pattern to the shapes and sizes of its various shelves. Bright white 
lines twist and turn along the floor, starkly contrasting with the pitch black stone. The lines crisscross over each other, weaving to form a large diagram of the 
stars and constellations that hang within the night sky. On display one one of the shelves, the Eye of Dynara rests, suffused with divine power.
You see a single exit leading up.

You clutch a dagger of prismatic amber firmly, preparing to use it.
Opening her mouth wide, Ani gapes in wonder.

You scoop up the Eye of Dynara.
As you pick the Eye of Dynara up, it comes apart in your hands - revealing itself to be a fake of glamoured glass. Shadows spill out of the false eye, wrapping
themselves around you as they pull you into a rift in reality. The shroud upon you has been violently ripped away by the shadows, leaving you defenseless.
Ani follows you ether.
Deep within the Whispering Abyss.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Several pillars of pristine obsidian ring the edges of this small platform. Beyond the cracked edges
of the platform are thick walls of shadow that block out nearly everything else. An unnatural silence lingers oppressively, only pierced by the lonesome, whistling 
sound of passing winds. Currents of energy swirling around it, the Eye of Dynara floats here, suffused with divine power.
There are no obvious exits.

You cannot pick up the Eye of Dynara.

Deep within the Whispering Abyss.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Several pillars of pristine obsidian ring the edges of this small platform. Beyond the cracked edges
of the platform are thick walls of shadow that block out nearly everything else. An unnatural silence lingers oppressively, only pierced by the lonesome, whistling 
sound of passing winds. Currents of energy swirling around it, the Eye of Dynara floats here, suffused with divine power. Ani Strongleaf is here. She wields an 
athame dagger in her right hand.
There are no obvious exits.

This crystalline eye positively sings with divine power, thrumming with a melody that is breathtakingly beautiful beyond any you have ever heard before, but vanishes
from your mind the instant it is heard such that you cannot recall its melody a moment later. The orb bears a distinct likeness to a great eye, yet is comprised 
entirely of swirling, multi-coloured crystal. It glows with a brilliant and blinding light.
It weighs about 1 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
It has the following aliases: eyeball, eye.

Ani Strongleaf whispers, "Use it on the Eye?"

In a gravelly voice, you say, "Well... that didn't work!"

In a gravelly voice, you say, "Nothing..."

Giant pillars of obsidian loom overhead, and the sudden oppressive feeling of being watched begins to overwhelm you.
Ani furrows her brow in thought.

A flicker of a barrier springs up around the Eye as you touch it, repelling direct interaction with the divine artifact.
Suddenly, a giant beam of energy is drawn forth from the Eye, vanishing into the shadows for some unknown purpose before all falls silent once more.

Ani Strongleaf whispers, "I feel like that wasn't good."
Ani Strongleaf whispers, "Stab the Eye?"

You shake your head.
Ani Strongleaf whispers, "Throw the dagger at the Eye?"

You throw a dagger of prismatic amber at the Eye of Dynara.
You scoop up a dagger of prismatic amber.

Your eyes widen slightly and the corner of your right eye starts to tic uncontrollably.

You suddenly move of your own accord, as if Someone was guiding your hand. You place the dagger against the Eye and pry lightly.
Ani's eyes widen as she watches you and the Eye of Dynara.

You watch your hands act on their own and try to pry the Eye more.

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous
who casts his beam of a smile about himself as he arrives.
With a crooked grin, Ironbeard the Magnanimous gushes, "Because it's a special time. A special celebration, Ani!"

You snicker softly to yourself.
In a gravelly voice, you say, "Timing."

The barrier bends and falters slightly at the gentle pressure, several sparks of prismatic energies. Sigils and runes along the obsidian pillars beginning to flicker
to life in warning as the artifact is disturbed.
Ani hides a grin behind her hand.
With a sudden look of concentration, Ironbeard the Magnanimous smiles a crooked smile, rubs his ample stomach, and fades to nothingness, followed by the sound of a
distant belch.

You try to force the dagger deeper behind the Eye, prying as hard as you can.

In a gravelly voice, you say, "I suspect urgency is needed now..."
Ani's attention fixes upon the obsidian pillars, her mouth opening in a small 'o' as she holds her breath. She nods fast at you in agreement.

The barrier shudders even more, sparks flying wildly as it begins to come apart under the force of the dagger.
Gentle whispers speak from the surrounding shadows, confused murmurs filling the air.

In a gravelly voice, you say, "Still cannot grasp it..."

You use all your strength, two bony hands clasping the dagger and applying as much pressure as you can muster, looking at Ani you says, "Try to
push too?"

Ani nods and quickly steps beside you, reaching out with tiny paws to clasp the dagger's handle and putting all her strength behind it.

The barrier begins to splinter now, the sound of breaking glass filling the air as it comes apart faster and faster.
Sigils and runes flare to life along the pillars, an ear-splitting scream piercing the silence of this place - suddenly something begins to move within the darkness
just beyond and you sense it drawing closer.
Ani Strongleaf whispers, "Oh no."

You give a final heave, exerting as much force as is left to you. The murmuring in the air driving him to much needed urgency and slight fear
at what is coming for them.

The barrier is nearly undone... Cracking... Splitting...

Ani scrambles her feet against the platform floor, her face set in a frown as she gives all the force and strength possible in to pushing against the dagger.

You glance at Ani before refocusing on the dagger and the Eye, "Just... a little... moooooore!"
Finally, with a giant CRACK, the barrier gives way completely - energies swirling wildly around the Eye of Dynara as it becomes obtainable.

You quickly grab the Eye, turning to Ani, "I think a hasty retreat is in order now!"
The surrounding darkness immediately responds, swirling around the platform in anger.

You pluck abstractedly at nothing.
In a gravelly voice, you say, "But the shroud is gone!"
Ani stares implacably at you.

Two eyes are suddenly visible within the vortex, an ethereal blue that fixes upon you with rage.
In a gravelly voice, you say, "I cannot use my Clock to escape either..."

Ani points at the eyes, her face a mask of sheer fear.
Ani Strongleaf whispers to you, "Are you sure there is no other way..?"

You glance at the eyes within the vortex, "I have a cookie for you?" You bravely try to mask your fear.
Ani performs a quick search of the surroundings.
You perform a quick search of your surroundings.

In a gravelly voice, you say, "I sense none."
A whispering voice hisses, venom dripping from every word - "How... dare...". Arms of shadow begin to reach out, as if the figure is struggling to take shape within
this place.
A soft voice rises in the dark, as if breaking through from afar, "I can rescu... one... you."

You give the Eye of Dynara to Ani Strongleaf.
Ani Strongleaf says to you, "You be rescued, take the Eye."
Ani gives the Eye of Dynara to you.
In a gravelly voice, you say, "Rescue Ani!"
Ani shakes her head.
You give the Eye of Dynara to Ani Strongleaf.
In a gravelly voice, you say, "Yes."
In a gravelly voice, you say, "Don't argue right now."
Ani Strongleaf says, "No! You are better than-."
Ani stares implacably at you.
You call out once more, "Take Ani from here!"
Ani wraps her arms about the Eye of Dynara.

You turn to face the figure forming, wielding your shofa as you ward Ani.

A swirl of leaves rustle through the silence of of the dark, carrying with it blossoms of forget-me-nots. The flowers dance about Ani, rising like a storm of soft
fragrance, fighting against the writhing shadows.
Ani is ripped from your location by an unseen force.

You try to gaze bravely at the forming figure, beads of sweat forming on your brow and causing the white paint to streak down your face, "Come
on! It's just us now!"

The shadowy arms suddenly take form along with the rest of the form of Nocht, the Silent - His eyes staring down at you in silent rage.

Nocht takes a step towards you, though even that requires some effort. He whispers, "Return it..."

You raise an eyebrow, noticing the effort Nocht requires, a puzzled look on your face both real and feigned, "You seem to be having... some
trouble, Lord. Return what? As You can see... I have nothing."

Nocht allows His gaze to pass over as if searching. His arms lash out with blinding speed, fingers digging into your head as searing pain flashes through your mind.
You feel an alien presence sifting through your thoughts, attempting to read over memories as one might a book. "Why has She stolen it, child? What schemes are you 
trying to bring about?" With each question, His grip tightens threatening to break your skull.
Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Are you willing to pay the price for Her whims?"
Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Are you willing to let your loved ones pay with you?"

You glance about the abyss, still seeking avenues of escape, your false bravado cracking at the searing pain suddenly entering your mind. Knees
slightly buckling from the intrusion you begin to take your shofa and cut along your arms and your chest, blood beginning to flow as you chant low shamanistic mantras 
to focus your mind and repel the intrusion. "I ... would... do anything... for Her...." you barely mutters betweens chants.

Were it not for the way darkness itself trails after His form it would not be immediately obvious that He is a radiant immortal. His entire form is concealed beneath
a hooded cloak. His only feature visible, His eyes - a brilliant ethereal blue rimmed in golden starburst, intense in their piercing gaze.
He is wearing:
an all-concealing cloak of darkest black
a fractured gem suspended from a thin, metal chain
boots of shifting shadow
a frigid, aphotic crystal ring emblazoned with the script of fae.

Nocht drags your face close to His own, whispering softly in your ear even as He pushes ever deeper into your thoughts. Darkness begins to fill your vision. "Your
Goddess has abandoned you to Me, child. But bargains can still be made..."

You feel your resolve strengthen as Nocht's words resound in your head, your mantras ending quickly as you open your eyes and glare with reckless
abandon into Nocht's eyes, "She would never abandon me and I would never bargain with You. So do what you will." Closing your eyes you futilely strike out with your
shofa.

Flickers of blue dance through the shadows, a single petal landing at Nocht's feet.
Something tickles in the back of your mind, but again, as if from afar, with great effort.

One of your shofas connect with the Silent Lord, slicing through His cloak - a glimpse of snapdragons suddenly visible beneath the fabric. A small amount of essence
flies forward as you strike flesh, splattering against you and searing your skin. Nocht seems untroubled by the strike, leaning into it even as He whispers in your 
ear.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "You will never know peace again, child."

You feel the new intrusion into your mind, though warmer, more recognisable, you try to push through the alien thoughts of Nocht in your mind,
seeking refuge in that warmth.

Nocht suddenly releases you, letting you drop unceremoniously to the ground as He stumbles backwards. He kneels to the ground, a strange gurgling noise filling the
air as He grasps at His chest.

Taking a chance at His weakness, the single petal at Nocht's feet bursts into a swirl of nasturtiums. Their bright orange glaring against the dark of the Silent One,
casting His features into relief for the briefest of moments. The blossoms cover you from head to foot, fragrant and warm with their victorious joy, bearing you away 
into the ether.

The Fulcrux of Maylea.

You gasp at the sudden transport, quickly scrambling to your feet as your eyes search, shofa wavering in your hands before you cast your gaze on Ani.
Collapsing to your knees once more you let out a long sigh of relief, wiping the beads of sweat from your brow with the back of your arm, and replacing them with trails 
of smeared blood from the cuts.

Flickers of nasturtiums still dance about Pysynne, falling from his form like petals of orange snow.

In a gravelly voice, you whisper, "Are you alright...?"

Ani gasps loudly, "Pysynne!!" she exlaims and reaches out a paw to touch your arm, eyes concerned as she takes in the state you is in. "What.. what happened?" she
asks in a hushed voice.

Several tendrils of violet light twist and turn their way violently through the skies above.
Violently twisting tendrils of violet light dance overhead as glowing symbols in the divine tongue burn themselves into your flesh. Your body is thrown into painful
convulsions, and steam begins to rise from the runes as they melt away your flesh. Relief floods through you as the pain subsides in a flash of emerald light, yet 
the displeasure of Nocht still echoes clearly in your thoughts.
Nocht, the Silent bestows His divine disfavour upon you. It will last for 5 months.

Ani Strongleaf whispers to you, "I am fine... the Lady Bloom broug-- ah!"

The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Was it worth it, Maylea? I will extract My price, either
from You or them."

Rising into the skies over Avechna's Peak, the prismatic form of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity gazes into the south.

You groan in pain from the attack, a satisfied look on your face as you gaze upwards to the Havens, "It was worth it for me..."
Sweeping across the heavens on a gentle breeze, the serene voice of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity echoes, "You take, Nocht, and You take. You should have never had it in
the first. And now, they will consume You from within."

Ani Strongleaf whispers, "They..?"
Ani tilts her head curiously.

Maylea steps quietly into view, the air bending with a swirl of prismatic colours.

In a gravelly voice, you say, "I am not sure who they are... but I saw snapdragons... when I cut Him."

Maylea reaches out to tenderly cup your cheek in Her hand.

You smile softly at Maylea.

Her eyes pained, Her forehead streaming with essence, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to you, "Eldin... Eldin... What did He do to you?"

You slowly rise to your feet, tucking your shofa into the sides of your loincloth as you shiver, "He tried to invade my mind... to seek out my
thoughts... I do not know the full effect of what He did, but I used every ounce of my will and teachings as a shaman to repel Him... until You came for me..."

Maylea grips the Eye of Dynara in Her hand, lifting it over you, passing it over your wounds. A warm light, as of life it self, drips into you.
Maylea beckons you to Her.
Maylea beckons to Ani.
Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "It is not safe here. Not anymore."

You follow Maylea, Bloom of Serenity to at a crossroads.
Ani has entered the area.

At a crossroads.
You stand amidst a thick, almost impassable forest, towered over by the looming shadows of countless trees. The fading light of dusk spills unperturbed through the
canopy, sending dappled patterns onto the ground below, which is covered in a low-lying carpet of delicate flowers. Running through the forest are several paths made 
of little more than dirt tracks where the trees break. Each of these paths extends off into the distance, extending so far that they seem to blur and become one with 
the horizon, their destinations impossible to discern. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity stands here, prismatic light swirling around Her. She wields the Eye of Dynara in 
Her left hand. Ani Strongleaf is here. She wields an athame dagger in her right hand.

In a gravelly voice, you ask Maylea, "You have the Eye safely away from Him now?"

Maylea kneels down at the crossroads, underneath the great trees. She gazes at the two of you, emotions flickering across Her features. She lifts the Eye before
Herself, its glowing form brightening even Her Divine face. She nods, once.
Her voice laced with a strange hint of sadness, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "He is in no condition now to take it from Me."

In a gravelly voice, you say, "His followers seem to be preparing for a fight at the very least. As long as the Eye is safe though that is all that matters."

You feel the light from the Eye continuing to wash over you, grazing over your wounds, remaking you in ever-creation.
You gasp as you feels your body healing, your being re-made.

Ani looks from the Eye of Dynara in Maylea's hands to you and back, her mouth dropping open.

Maylea stands once more before you and Ani. She places the Eye of Dynara before Her chest. "Thank you, for all you have done on My behalf. Both of you." She shakes
Her head. "You went willingly, knowing that you walk into His realm." Tears fall from Her eyes, "And had come to harm."

You smile softly and shake your head, "The harm was to be expected and will be recovered from. I would do it again if You asked."
Ani dips her head in agreement, "I may not wake often, and only still new to Marythen, but I would do anything for You and anything You would ask of me, Lady Bloom."

Maylea turns Her gaze to Ani, reaching forward, with a hand upon Ani's shoulder. "You walked in Communion with Pysynne, and showed Wisdom in His realm. Your
Inquisitiveness led you to aid in his task. Your worry for him brought to the fore the colours of Kinship in your heart." A shiver of light passes from Maylea to 
Ani. "My little one, you are a Breath of Life."

You smile softly at Ani.

Tears spring to Ani's eyes as she looks up at Maylea, "Thank You, Lady Bloom.. thank You."

Turning Her gaze to Pysynne, Maylea murmurs, "And you, Eldin." Her golden eye flickers as She leans close, "I know what you did, so that I might draw Ani from His
hands."

You smile softly once more, "I only did what needed to be done..."

Maylea runs a hand along your outline, examining the aura of displeasure and shadows that still cling to you.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "You reached out as My hand, and took from Nocht what is needed, at much cost to yourself, little one."

You drop your gaze, the smeared paint on your face allowing the flush of your cheeks to be seen as emotion colours them. With a whisper you
say, "I told You when we first talked I would be Your Hand when you needed it... I will always be Your Hand when you need it..."

Maylea closes Her eyes once, blinking away the tears in drops of light. "Because you were My hand, Pysynne, You are now My Hand." She places Her palm upon your head,
a glow of soft orange tracing from your scalp down to your feet, where again, clusters of nasturtiums burst into bloom.
Tears flow freely from your eyes as Maylea, Bloom of Serenity appoints you to Hand of Serenity.
Maylea, Bloom of Serenity initiates you into the mysteries of the Narathos of the Divine Order of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity

You stifle a lump in your throat, tears flowing from your eyes streaking what remains of the paint on your face further. "Thank You..."

Ani Strongleaf whispers to Maylea, "Thank You, Lady Bloom."

Maylea turns Her gaze from Ani to you. "You will both be hunted now, it is likely. Pysynne, most of all." She clasps both hands to the Eye of Dynara once more, "I
will take this and hide it where His machinations cannot use it further."
Showing that you understand, you nod your head slowly towards Maylea.

Ani nods her head emphatically.
Ani Strongleaf smiles impishly and says to you, "We'll have to hide you, too."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity suddenly looms in your vision, cupping a radiant palm and pushing it towards you in a liquid wave of amber light. Somehow, you feel
shielded, and you are gifted with the certain knowledge that the Goddess will intercede on your behalf at your next death.
In a gravelly voice, you say, "I am not afraid of their masses. On a mortal plane of battle I can at least match them."

You smile softly.
Ani nods her head emphatically.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Dwell here for as long as you would like, safe, My Mayflowers. And when you are ready to leave, you may go out."
Maylea glances down at the Eye of Dynara again in Her grasp, Her expression unreadable.

In a gravelly voice, you say, "We should go back to the Forest in case they decide to attack."
You beckon to Ani.

In a gravelly voice, you say to Maylea, "Again... thank You."
Ani begins to follow you.

Ani smiles softly at Maylea.
Maylea gives you a peck on the cheek.
Maylea gives Ani a peck on the cheek.

Placing the Eye against Her chest, Maylea turns on the spot, Her form shimmering into a swirl of thousands of golden petals that fall and cover the ground in
fragrance.
Ani has left the area.
Ani follows you out.

Comments

• I'm so bummed I missed this. It looks like it was a really incredible event!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • It was a lot of "WTF DO I DO?!" I was expecting the dagger to have a mechanical syntax so spamming everything I could think of... and then Someone was like *force emote pysynne so he takes a freaking hint or we will be here all night" :D 
    <3@Maylea @Nocht
  • What an absolutely incredible event! I love this continued back-and-forth between Nocht and Maylea.

Ironbeard, though, really *does* have the worst timing! He seems to wait for the most dramatic moment!
  • edited December 2019
    You glance at the eyes within the vortex, "I have a cookie for you?" You bravely try to mask your fear.
    Best line my gosh.
    A+, this was so fun!!!

Also OMG Ironbeard has ruined every meaningful RP encounter I've had since he started showing up *laughing* I love it. 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Also this, boy
    Nocht, the Silent whispers, "You will never know peace again, child."
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’