Nalurei Seeks Inspiration from the Stage!

I was told to share the log here! The Lady Carakhan's kelpie, Nalurei, wanted to see the latest play in New Celest. So she asked Farvu, the leading actress, to host the showing!

---

The faint sound of splashing accompanies a mingled sense of excitement and bewilderment, seemingly coming from the stage of New Celest.

You tilt your head curiously.

<Run to the stage!>

Tentatively peeking about, you say, "Um... hello?"

Nalurei is bobbing up and down in front of the stage, dripping water profusely.

You have emoted: Farvu lifts the curtains, then pauses as she hears the drip-drop of someone nearby. Turning, she blinks with astonishment at Nalurei.

l nalurei
Strands of seaweed align to form the sleek, arcing lines of a leaping dolphin, balancing almost perfectly upon a leafy tail. Nalurei's back is composed of dark green weeds, while paler, yellower strands form the belly, in homage to the colouration of a normal dolphin. Despite the leafiness and static pose, the kelpie has captured something of the speed and joy of the dolphin's movements within her form. Her pale blue eyes sparkle, set behind the perpetually smiling mouth. Nestled within the strands of kelp, a small shell figurine is cradled protectively.

You say to Nalurei, "Oh hello! I'm so sorry I didn't see you there."

With a flourish of your arm, you bow deeply.

Nalurei says, "Oh! Oh. Hello! I ummmmm was told there was a play! And She said I should watch it, but I came here and there is no play?"

Pushing up her spectacles as she smiles, you say, "Ah! Well, what's very exciting about plays is that they are recorded, so any time you want to rewatch, you can."

You say, "Niralahi's newest play was quite fun! Is that the one you wanted to see? It's called..." She pauses for dramatic effect. "The Spy Who Loved the Sea."

Nalurei nods her head vigorously. "That one, yes. She said it might help inspire me, and that it would be good for me to see other art forms. The Serene Water's paintings are lovely, but so far my own paintings are not," she explains confidingly.

You clap your hands together merrily.

You say, "What's lovely about art I think is the way it inspires others. You see, the Lady Carakhan was actually the one who inspired Niralahi to write this play."

Bubbling over with excitement, you say, "I was really excited to act in it, actually! Niralahi let me play the best part."

You hum a happy tune.

Suitably impressed, Nalurei says, "Ooooh! And did it inspire you?"

You laughingly say, "It did! Now I have a play of my own I need to perform soon."

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile about himself as he arrives. Laughing deeply, Ironbeard the Magnanimous proclaims, "Merry Solstice, Farvu!" Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a crystal anniversary present!

You jump into the air and land with a bump.

Visibly startled, you say, "Th-thank you!"
Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "No nneed to thaek me! Thaalnk thhff Gods foq Their gift off lifee!"

With a sudden look of concentration, Ironbeard the Magnanimous smiles a crooked smile, rubs his ample stomach, and fades to nothingness, followed by the sound of a distant belch. You quickly unwrap a crystal anniversary present, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving a plush doll of a coronuli. You've unwrapped A STANDARD PRESENT! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

You say to Nalurei, "He must be a patron of the arts."

Comments

• God... how wholesome is she! Oh my goodness!! A+ thank you for sharing!!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Still not sure where she's been putting those paintings. <_<
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • This is such a sweet log, and I'm so glad you were able to interact with Nalurei!