Solstice in Glomdoring: An Invitation

edited December 2019 in Event Scrolls
[Sharing the public post, in case some of you haven't logged on yet or in a while <3! Glomdoring is having a festival and (almost) everybody is invited! ( Sorry, enemies ;_; ) ]

Many Greetings, Basin Friends and Friends-to-Be, 

Am very very happy and excited to announce that Glomdoring will be having very own festival in coming days! Three whole months will be dedicated to celebrating, from the [[December 20th to December 22nd]]! Will be a wonderful chance to let friends, allies, and all non-enemied peoples of Basin view the true mastery of the Wyrd and show off our culture, skills and talent! While non-allied peoples will not be eligable for contest rewards, are welcome to come and enjoy festivities and eat good foods and meet new peoples for the duration of the festival. 

An approximate schedule will be as follows: 

~ Day One: ~

The party will begin with an opening ritual performed by very own Lady Haruspex et all, followed immediately after very own Solstice Market! The market will open a day before the weave. Any merchants or artisans interested in selling their crafts should reach out to Miss Kalaneya for more information.

Also running for the duration of the market will be a special Pet Adoption event! Are tired of too many stable fees? Do you have pet that has not left stable for months and want to go to new home? Do want to help new members of cities and communes have pets of their very own to have and to love? Please send a message to myself (Gurashi) for more information! 

As part of the celebration, will be holding a proper long-term design contest with the following theme: The Beauty of Snow-Covered Glomdoring. The contest will only be open to Wyrdenkin, and will end three months before the festival's start, so get designing to have chance at winning prizes! All interested in participating, please send designs to Miss Kalaneya! 

DESIGN CONTEST 
(Wyrdenkin Only) 
THEME: The Beauty of Snow-Covered Glomdoring 

-- open to Cooking / Clothing / Forging / Jewelry / Bookbinding / Tattoo / Artisan submissions --

1st place, 75 credits, A True Favour of Viravain for 10 Months
2nd place 45 credits
3rd place 30 credits

Finally, to close out first day's festivities, will be a couple fun impromptu design contests with smaller, but equally rewarding rewards! These contests will occur a day after weave be open to both Wyrdenkin and allies, so be sure to bring best game and do Glomdoring proud! Details will be given at the event, so don't prepare TOO hard: 

(Wyrdenkin and Allies) 
Best Solstice Tree
Best Solstice-themed "Ugly" Shirt

Rewards: 

1st Place: 100,000 gold
2nd Place: 50,000 gold 
3rd place: 25,000 gold

~ Day Two ~

If thought first day was fun, -wait- until second day! Second day will feature a Solstice Bonfire! Come gather around and enjoy warm foods and drinks by fireside and exchange stories with each others. A day before weave will also be a fireside storytelling contest open to friends and allies with a theme of Wyrden Rebirth. All stories will be compiled into a book added to our library, and some of them may even be made into plays! 

(Wyrdenkin and Allies)
Storytelling Theme: Wyrden Rebirth 
Storytelling Contest Rewards: 

1st Place: 75 Credits and a specially designed personal journal
2nd Place: 45 Credits
3rd Place: 30 Credits

We will also have a Song to Honor the Wyrd contest a day after weavetimes, as requested by our lovely Lady of Roses Herself! The theme is up to you, as long as does best to honor our forest and the wonderful-ness that is the Wyrd. 

(Wyrdenkin Only)
Song to Honor the Wyrd Rewards: 

1st Place: 75 Credits and a Gift of Lady Viravain's Choosing
2nd Place: 45 Credits
3rd Place: 30 Credits

To close out second day's festivities, following contests will head down to Glomdoring stage and watch a play put together for the festival! Note: Can bring foods and drinks to stage, but please do not spill on newly decorated floors!!

~ Day Three ~

No festival is complete without a dance! To wrap of festivities, will gather at the overlook in Glomdoring forest a few days before weave, where will be a fire to roast foods at, and musics to dance to, and friends to enjoy! Will also be day of Solstice Gift Exchange! At weave, those participating in exchange will finally get chance to give their gifts to their giftees and reveal who are! 

All non-enemies are also welcome to participate in Secret Solstice exchange! Please be thoughtful in giftings even if do not like persons very much - all deserve little bit of kindness in Solstice times. 

[If anyone cannot make it to event for gift exchange, please let know ahead of time and please deliver to giftee within few months either before or after the party, many thank yous!]

Will be potential for more events to arise as time draws nearer to festival days! Will be upcoming post about raffle, as well as call for vendors! In meantime, are still looking for offers of foods, drinks, and musics for events, as well as your designs! If have questions about Secret Solstice exchange, allies: please READNEWS CRUX 14. Non-enemies: please message or write me a letter and will send details! If have any other questions, please feel free to ask!!

Am looking forward to seeing all there! Glory be to Glomdoring!

-Gurashi An'Ryshe
‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

Comments

• 'almost anyone' and yet all of the contests are Glom (or Gaudi/Celest) only.

How are we nongloms suppose to win and take all your prizes.
  • ;A; !!! I tried to argue for at least allowing non-allies to participate in the Solstice Tree and Ugly Sweater contest but it was not my decision in the end ;~; 

You guys are welcome to join in the Pet Adoption event tho! And Secret Sant--I mean, Solstice!! And attend the events if only to make snarky comments about how yours would have looked better

(Pssst I will continue to argue for the solstice tree decorating)
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Ayisdra said:
    'almost anyone' and yet all of the contests are Glom (or Gaudi/Celest) only.

How are we nongloms suppose to win and take all your prizes.
    The more I think about it, there's no rule that says I can't reward people with my own credits and money for participating...... >_> 

>:3

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    So what you’re saying is that it’s time for any hypothetically interested foreigners to finally get rid of their Glomdoring enemy status?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    So what you’re saying is that it’s time for any hypothetically interested foreigners to finally get rid of their Glomdoring enemy status?
    Hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry!!

• Sylandra said:
    Alas, I probably couldn't afford it.
  • Ehhh, I literally work every weekend night, always.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Guys I'll need at least SOMEONE from IHC to come protect Lief party with me on Day 2 at least!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • IHC you're killing me (literally and figuratively) ;A; 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    All this Wyrd nonsense makes for an uninviting invitation. :3
    And I cannot have Dar's first formal dance with Sylandra be at a foreign culture event. I might drop in for the play though.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Lief said:
    Guys I'll need at least SOMEONE from IHC to come protect Lief party with me on Day 2 at least!
    If I can get unenemied before then, I'll be your bodyguard party guest.
  • Daraius said:
    And I cannot have Dar's first formal dance with Sylandra be at a foreign culture event. I might drop in for the play though.
    Pay no attention to the bug behind the Wyrden curtain plotting to make more frens. 

• Sorry, @Lief, you'll have to find someone else.  :)
  • edited December 2019
    Okay, we finally have a final itinerary for Festival. All days start at around weave and will have soft openings so people can run and get dailies done before coming to the main stuff:

Day One (Friday 20th): Bazaar/Pet Adoption, Opening Ceremony, Design Contest Results, On-Site Design Contests (featuring your hosts Noel and San--I mean Kalaneya and Gurashi)

Day Two (Saturday 21st): Bonfire, Raffle Results, Storytelling Contest, Song Contest, Play

Day Three (Sunday 22nd): Party, Secret Solstice Exchange, More Party

I hope as many of you friends/allies/non-enemies can make it <3  While the major contests are only open to Wyrdenkin/Allies ... everyone who participates in the on-site contests may get something from Gurashi.

• Day one's festivities start in like 5 minutes! If you aren't already doing other stuff or the Solstice in your org stuff (and are not an enemy) come say hi!

• Daraius said:
    Since I know that the two of you formally danced at your wedding since I was your musician, you're totally fine to come dance at our heathen foreign culture event.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Eliron said:
    Daraius said:
    Since I know that the two of you formally danced at your wedding since I was your musician, you're totally fine to come dance at our heathen foreign culture event.
    I do need an excuse for some Eliron RP!

(In Daraius’s defense, I have almost no memory of the ceremony since my laptop died after the vows, so it’s possible I missed out on dance times.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."