Commodities Clan Interest

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
Hey, guys.

I wonder if there would be an interest in an almost entirely OOC clan devoted to Trade. Scrolls pertaining to how to generate each commodity, research, a list of what each village actually generates and how to help that generation, and so on. I'm finding that a lot of new players have absolutely no clue how to increase commodity production for most things, and I feel like some older players might could use some refresher courses. 

If this takes off, I'd like to see this clan turn into something every org encourages new people to join to learn how to bring comm stocks back up. Aethertrading has put a serious dent in some stocks, and I know most orgs have shut their commodity caches to everyone but themselves. Thoughts?
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Glom has a CHELP COMMODITIES- is this roughly what you're looking for?  With additional support / question-answering / etc?  If it's in the right direction, I'm sure that there wouldn't be an objection to lifting it as a basis to start from at least, better comm production benefits everyone.
    Of course, it doesn't do a lot of good when village allocation is lopsided, alas.  The main source of commodity income is the tithing itself, except for things like rockeaters where there are so darn many of them that you can self-generate a ton.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm really just looking for anything I can collate. I mean, a lot of people know how to generate gems/meat/leather, that's a no brainer. Not as many people know how to generate grain, or silk, and I still don't personally how how to generate gold/silver/platinum outside whacking a few loyal people on the Estengare. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I know how to generate some commodities but not all of them and I'd definitely love to learn how. Commodities are expensive which is a bigger problem for those of us not sitting on big stockpiles of cash or wish shops generating money etc. I'd be interested!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You can't generate the metal / stone comms without raiding loyal mobs, it's impossible.  We've asked so many times to have that changed.  There was even an envoy report at some point or another requesting more raw comms get add in, but it got rejected.  Brought it up in townhalls, etc.
    You'd think that mining would be feasible, but not so much.
  • Apart from what @Xenthos said, you can always poke at me for advice too. Metals just suck, though.
  • There is ONE way to generate marble that does not involve killing. 
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• I believe doing the Tolborolla Valley quest spawns wood on all the tae'dae/furrikin.