Preview of doom

There was a lot more, but this part got to me the most. I thought WE were supposed to die, not the npcs. I was feeling some real life panic over this guy. 

Plus Etoathe Oolin did die. @Mysrai, @Aonia, WHOEVER, ya'll mean.  :'(

A decimated research lab.

A soothing chill permeates the area, bringing with it a rime of sparkling frost cast by a healing shrine of Jadice nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here. An entire wall is missing within this once-berylline laboratory, causing air to rush in from the southern edge. Though it has done much to sweep away the soot, ash and smoke, the draft has also caused everything that was once loose in the room - or what remains of it, at least - to cluster along the northern side. Amongst that pile is a cluster of thick shards of crystal that might once have been furniture, their surfaces snapped, faint gleams of blood visible upon their serrated edges. The area is ablaze! Senior 

Researcher Kru'elck Manchova sits here propped against wreckage, burns covering most of his body.

You see a single exit leading northwest.

The roaring inferno engulfs you as you fight to find a way out.

Senior Researcher Etoathe Oolin yells, "My legs!! Ahhh!"

You say to Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova, "Are you alright?"

Ayisdra raises a hand and blasts incredibly cold air at the ground, putting out the fire that raged there.

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova writhes on the ground, various shades of colour shimmering across his molten form. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova says, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

Like the pealing of so many bells, your voice rings to Quintessence Nelras Shevat, the Empath, "Come... help?"

Wincing, you say, "Can you walk at all? It is not safe to remain here."

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova turns back and forth, but no matter where he turns, a stretch of bare, burned flesh touches the debris, and he writhes again in pain.

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova erratically pulsates in hues of ruby, emerald and sapphire.

Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph yells, "Has somebody assisted Senior Researcher Oolin?"

You remove 6 onyx, bringing the total in the rift to 1703.

You fuse together several onyx gems and form an onyx vial.

You drain 50 sips of restorative ice from your liquid rift into an onyx vial.

You give an onyx vial to Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova.

(Hallifax): Alexandria says, "An emissary arrived from the obelisk-deliverers."

(Hallifax): Senior Researcher Ai'dayi Lars says, "My laboratory...my laboratory is..."

(Hallifax): Alexandria says, "We spoke to the emissary, and were not willing to fulfill her wishes without more information."

(Hallifax): Orventa says, "Aha and were they less than friendly?"

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova stops moving and lies like a burnt stone. His eyes glimmer with intense pain. He can no longer say anything.

Senior Researcher Etoathe Oolin yells, "My legs! My legs! They are not - AHHHHHHH! MY LEGS!"

You feel a slight tug within your chest and the air around you sparkles with motes of bright light. You sense Orventa pulling on the strands of aether surrounding you.

Orventa inclines her head politely to those around her.

Ayisdra inclines his head politely to those around him.

You say, "I don't know what to do, I've never been much of a healer."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Oh dear."

You say, "He was burned, and I'm not sure if we can move him."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Ah."

Orventa ponders the situation.

Ayisdra Ysav'rai, the Fractal Concord says, "Perhaps that will help with your burns."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "I don't think I'll be able to transfer a healing aura to them."

You say, "I have tried ice, but he is barely conscious."

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova is so weak that he is unable to lift the vial given.

Orventa nods her head emphatically.

Ayisdra ponders the situation.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "Has the Institute been affected? I could perhaps try a scalpel."

Ayisdra Ysav'rai, the Fractal Concord says, "I could activate the healing shrine, but I'm not sure if the healing would affect them without being devoted to the Frost Queen."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "The mending setting of course."

You say, "We need to get him to a doctor..."

"Be right back!" Orventa cries.

Orventa tells you, "I cannot enter the Institute to make any healing implements."

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova looks entirely raw, large portions of his body melted in burns. He is barely breathing.

Like the pealing of so many bells, your voice rings to Quintessence Nelras Shevat, the Empath, "What do we do?"

Nelras tells you, "We assess the injuries, and do what we can for the wounded. Meanwhile, someone needs to find the envoy, if they are here still."

Kethaera attempts to take the vial from the researcher. Gathering some of the ice from it, she applies it to some of the worst injuries.

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova groans, then he utters a soft moan, "Ahh..."

Ashira enters from the northwest, emanating an aura of immense power.

Pyromaniac Ashira Mes'ard says, "Ah, I found you finally!"

Pyromaniac Ashira Mes'ard says, "What can I do to be of assistance?"

Kethaera pauses, setting the vial down a moment. She turns to Kru'elck. "Are you alright?"

Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph says, "If you hear a citizen yelling for help, attempt to find them, I expect."

Kethaera shakes her head, without glancing up. "I don't know, I've just been with him," she murmurs.

Alexandria begins to radiate a healing aura, kneeling down by Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova and resting her hands on a charred patch of skin.

Among the sparkling motes of light, a translucent figure appears in the air and then quickly solidifies as Orventa comes into view.

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova suddenly shivers, as if he were very cold. But then he groans and yells again, "Ahhh!" Pieces of raw crystalline flesh peel from him. Everything still appears hot and burned, aside from small areas where the ice had touched.

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says, "I was able to retrieve a scalpel from the Institute, if I may try?"

The sensory aura radiating from Alexandria shifts to Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova's form, its pulsing radiance gently shifting over his flesh.

Kethaera jerks her head away and stares up at Orventa. "Try what exactly? The ice does seem to help..."

Still concentrating on Kru'elck, Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph says, "Anything you think might help."

Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep strolls in from the northwest.

Surgeon General Aeves says, "Burns.."

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova says, "Ahhh....."

Comprehension flashes across Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep's face.

Aeves extends his arms and places his hands out glowing with cool energies toward Kru'elck..

Kethaera breaths a small sigh of relief at the entrace of the Doctor. "Can you help him?"

Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep leans over Kru'elck and checks his condition, calling out, "I will need wet bandages. And ice."

Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova glows in erratic waves of amber, looking feverish and in extreme pain. He groans once more.

Orventa approaches Alexandria and Kru'elck, her scalpel in hand. She passes the amethyst instrument over one of the burn areas, concentrating the healing energies at the site.

Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep takes out some bandages, though her stash is dwindling, and begins to tend to the Researcher with them.

You say to Alexandria, "What is happening in the rest of the city? Did anyone find the Emissary?"

Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep says, "Pardon me."

Confectioneiress Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect says to Aeves, "Perhaps one might be able to craft more bandages?"

Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph frowns and says, "No, I was right here trying to use my healing auras."

Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep says, "Yes that would be ideal."

Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph says, "As that seems to be useless, I will move on."

Orventa inclines her head politely to Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep.

Aeves grasps the shoulders of Kru'elck gently and passes an aura of healing energies into as the other healers and the Doctor tend to the Senior Researcher.

Alexandria stands up from her position by Senior Researcher Kru'elck Manchova, leaving the healing aura in place.

Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep begins to wet them and nods appreciately at Alexandria as she works.

One moment Alexandria is there, and then she is gone; a faint afterimage blurs northwest, the only trace of her movement.

Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep winces and says, "Has anyone restorative ice on hand? We shall need it to tend to the burns."

Ayisdra fuses together several onyx gems and forms an onyx vial.

Orventa nods her head emphatically.

Surgeon General Aeves says, "Mine is linked to a vial, but yes."

Orventa gives an onyx vial to Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep.

Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep thanks Orventa profusely.

Doctor Creshok zi'Prouep pours the vial onto the lucidian's wounds the immediate effect is apparent as the Researcher shudders with relief.

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."

Comments

• Best part of the log was the straight up AHHHHH's at the beginning lmfao. How scary!! Save the NPCs ;A;!! 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Gurashi said:
    Best part of the log was the straight up AHHHHH's at the beginning lmfao. How scary!! Save the NPCs ;A;!! 
    NO THOSE BITS MADE ME TEARY. 

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Gurashi said:
    Best part of the log was the straight up AHHHHH's at the beginning lmfao. How scary!! Save the NPCs ;A;!! 
    NO THOSE BITS MADE ME TEARY. 
    Worst was your emote about how maybe Etoathe could have been saved with a quicker response, BUT WE'LL NEVER KNOW. Salt. in. wounds.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • To your skilled eye, the injuries look as though they would have been fatal in all but the swiftest of interventions. Perhaps you could have reached him in time, and perhaps in the chaos that was ultimately impossible. The healer's curse is never to know.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!