Paintings for Lord Stinky

Shulamit loves Coraline

Coraline loves Lord Raezon

Lord Raezon should have a gift?

So Shulamit painted Lord Raezon a painting!

A Glittering Painting of Twilight

An elegant painting of twilight over the southern Razine mountains has been painted across this exceptionally long horizontal painting. The soft blues, purples, and silvers would be elegant if it weren't for the addition of a garishly pink faeling. She is flying above the mountains, shedding glitter all over the mountains, each speck a different colour, but all at odds with the soothing shades behind them. A stack of papers also trails behind her, tiny lettering on it claiming to “Homework” although some of it seems to be misspelled or otherwise wrong, bearing lots of little red marks on it. Off at the very edge of the painting is a stylised portrayal of Lord Raezon's temple, which seems to be where the faeling is flying to. A resolute rondure stands at the entrance of the temple, seemingly resigned to its fate of becoming covered in glitter, however a perfectly sphere being can appear to be resigned to anything. Written on the back of the painting is - “Dear Lord Raezon, I love Coraline! And she loves You? So I wanted to paint this of her and Yours! I'm sorry You're stinky. I think things could have been really cool if things went differently. Like most things could be! Sometimes this timeline is nice though! Please be nice to Coraline, she's very nice herself. Amen!” Several of the lines are crossed out and rewritten, notably it seems the artist has started with “Dear Lord Stinky” before realizing and crossing it out with a dark purple ink. Everything is covered with extra flourishes and hearts.

Then mailed it to Him in some glittering rainbow stationery. I've...forgotten what the letter said. Something like, "Hi Lord Scary! Here is a painting because Coraline is cool!"

A response then happened!

But...the Shofet *hates* Raezon. So what if Mysrai sees the mark! Well, then Shulamit...just prays to Mysrai and lets Them know right away so They won't think she's hiding it from Them!

The prayer!

Dear Greatest Shofet! Oh Arbitrator...wait is that how...right! Dear of Justice! I sent a painting to Lord Raezon. Wait! I know what You're thinking! Well, actually I don't. You're like...like a mountain, and I am a pebble, and pebbles can't know. Can we? We can guess and be wrong. But I suspect it is, “Lord Raezon is stinky and bad, and Shulamit's must be cleansed! Because now He's made her stinky! For a bit!” And that's true! But the painting was like, because paintings are good, so sending paintings to scary people is good, because maybe they will mellow out and be less stinky? I'm not sure how it works? I have to hope it works! Cause I care about Coraline and want her to be happy, and while she picked a scary god, I thought maybe buttering up scary god will make Them less scary! Things! I love You the mostest! I promise more cup cakes! What if You don't like cup cakes anymore. I promise more shinies in general! I love You! Amen! Amen!

And the response...

"Hello Ixi! Please help me become clean and jump into the lava! I've never done it before! It's scary!"

Ixi - "...okie dokie!"

And then we jumped into the lava!

And the Shofet also gave a truefavour, so! So not stinky anymore? Mildly unpleasant from truefavours, maybe.

Headpats are the best!

Hopefully this means Coraline has less homework! Or more! Not sure which is better in His order!
Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

Comments

• Headpats are the best!
    100% agree. A+ encounter, thank you for blessing us with it.
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Shulamit is too cute.