Gifts for the Gods!

Returning gods must have gifts! Lady Terentia has several La'Saet cupcakes because Shulamit remembers Her liking that family.

Lady Lantra was going to get a nice aquatic cupcake (wasn't sure what She liked) but then it became! A thing!

- - -

You curtsey gracefully before the master shrine of Lantra.

To a shrine, you say, "I'm sorry for not finding you sooner! I kept looking at the wrong places."

You fret and worry over everything that could possibly go wrong, glowing a shivering shade of silver.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Dear Lady Lantra! I have gifts of cup cakes for You! Hopefully You like cup cakes. If not, I'm sorry!"

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Is it customary to give Divine Elders pastries?"

Confused, you say, "I wasn't sure also what You'd like appearance wise, so They...well!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "It's custom for me, Lady Lantra! Mostly because the Shofet told me many centuries ago to "Make cup cakes" and I didn't stop for a long time!"

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I see. I would have thought Lord Crumkane would have been the one with a sweet tooth."

Thoughtfully, you say, "Also, gifts are nice to give! And sometimes receive! Sometimes receiving feels like a chore, which I understand, and hope it's not, but You are...possibly busy?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "At the time, the Shofet was as the Urchin in Ivory! Very sweet tooth."

You nod your head emphatically.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I am mildly fatigued from My time in the Void, but it has been a long time since I have enjoyed conversation."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Lord Crumkane also liked the gifts, yes yes, but of many types! All types."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "The Void seems very scary? I'm glad I don't think I've seen it."

You scratch your head in confusion, the sound reminiscent of tinkling wind chimes.

You think to yourself: I don't think I've seen it.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "It is an endless stretch of emptiness. I feel as if I have emerged from a vast fog finally into light once more."

Glowing a concerned shade of blue, you say, "I hope You're okies now You're here! And if not, we can help! We being...mortal people."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "You wished to know which desserts I prefer, yes?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh! Emptiness that can't even be filled with food. A terror! Oh! Yes!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Or food in general, if You don't have a sweet tooth!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I did bring some cupcakes now now though."

You ponder a dark blue aquatic cup cake thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

You nod your head sagely.

Immaculate white petals unfurl from this regal lotus blossom, revealing a pure heart alight with the enchanting glow of a single, twinkling star. Motes of celestial light wink across the lotus's soft, pillowy petals with a dewy radiance, weaving through a calming, tranquil fragrance that emanates from the lotus's centre. The flower's celadon stem gracefully arches from the depths of these healing waters, holding the star lotus afloat with a quiet and dignified stillness. As the star lotus crowns this sparkling pool of water and light, the white flower's beauty outshines that of all others in this place with a Divine luminescence.

It weighs about 375 pounds.

It has the following aliases: shrine.

Cascading like a waterfall suspended in mid-air, this sparkling veil of white mist shimmers over with water and light. Mystic energies swirl and dance over its pearlescent surface, rippling though the glistening veil like starlight on the open sea. Curiously, the fine spray of mist can be parted like a starry curtain, drawing aside the countless droplets which endlessly flow from the veil; strangely, the waters evaporate before ever reaching the ground below.

It is strangely weightless.

It has the following aliases: exit, portal.

Looking at a fancy veil of water, you say, "Very fancy veil!"

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I believe I once offended Lord Crumkane greatly for telling Him I am not fond of chocolate. However, something vanilla can from time to time be... enjoyable."

Shadows dance across the rocky walls, perpetually avoiding the available light.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh! For a very long time, chocolate was terribly poisonous...words. Deadly? To us mortals. It was terribly not tasty."

You nod your head gravely in acknowledgement of the point.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I think we have a line on not terrible chocolate, but! Vanilla is very good! A good nice vanilla bean! So many complexities!"

You think to yourself: One day it will turn out the chocolate we have is actually a sleeper agent and will turn us into more chocolate. I just know it.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "You are of the Lord Crumkane's then? Or the Shofet?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I have been in both orders! But I am with the Shofet because I love the Shofet, and and They've been very kind, and nice, and and I want to give back to Them? And design shiny poppies? And cakes? And veils? And thingies? But if Lord Crumkane came back, oh! Woe!"

You fret and worry over everything that could possibly go wrong, glowing a shivering shade of silver.

(House Lunarose): Silvanos says, "Heya!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I would make many shinies for Lord Crumkane, but but...I think I want to be with the Shofet forever ever like. It's nice, and kind, and good."

You nod your head emphatically.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Lord Crumkane doesn't turn His attention to the Basin currently. I hope He's safe."

You glance about uncertainly, your body turning a hazy shade of grey.

Charging in out of nowhere, a miniature Squibbles plushie appears in a flurry of woolen fur, ruby eyes gleaming dangerously.

A miniature Squibbles plushie shakes itself vigorously, sending wisps of wool flying all over you.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I will make a nice vanilla thingy! Would You like one of the...these for now?"

In a series of violent squeaks, a miniature Squibbles plushie exclaims to you, "Rawr! Rawr! Scary hamster!"

A miniature Squibbles plushie charges out of the area, fangs gnashing viciously all the while.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "You must feel a great amount of devotion towards your Divine. I cannot say I know its equal."

Glowing a horrified shade of sickly grey, you give a short gasp.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Squibbles!"

You begin to weep uncontrollably.

You have emoted: Shulamit flails off leftover squibbles fur, trying to hide behind the master shrine.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Are you quite all right?"

Voice wavering as she watches out for Squibbles, you say, "I...I would say there's many mortals who love the Divines they follow! My brain has lost them currently."

Brushing her self off and standing upright, you say, "Y...yes! Yes. Nothing major. Just a minor Squibbles attack."

You ponder the situation.

You feel a slight tug within your chest and the air around you sparkles with motes of bright light.

You sense Silvanos pulling on the strands of aether surrounding you.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Coraline loves Lord Raezon, but the Shofet says He's stinky because He drank the elixir? Scary things. I know Pesukaru loved Lord Lyreth when...he was..."

Silvanos tells you, "That is me!"

You tell Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur, "I'M IN A FULCRUX."

A tendril of lavender scent perfumes the air as Silvanos steps gracefully into existence.

Resigned, you say to Silvanos, "Oh hello dear sibling."

Silvanos tells you, "I wanted to see it."

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "Hello!"

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "I was...curious."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Lady Lantra! This is my sibling Silvanos! Part of the Shofet's order but...I think the Shofet said something like, not nearly as wed to the idea."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Light's blessings upon you. Are you also here to inquire as to pastries? I am... told mortals care to learn such information."

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "That would...probably be accurate."

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "I make clothing more than pastries!"

Silvanos nods their head sagely.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Right! Vanilla. Lots of vanilla!"

Silvanos leans on you seeking consolation.

You pat Silvanos in a friendly manner.

Dripping water echoes enchantingly in the distance.

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "This is a very pretty place."

Silvanos nods their head sagely.

You think to yourself: Silvanos is very silly and follows me like a puppy, and one day might find a Divine they adore more betters.

You sense the sweeping gaze of Tridemon looking upon you.

To a master shrine, you say, "I think many mortals like giving gifts to the Divine. It's nice! It's exciting trying to make something that's even a pale mimicry of the shinies the Divines can make."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I am glad you enjoy it. Mastershrines seem to resemble the Divine who manifest Them in unusual and unexpected ways. I am pleased with Mine."

Silvanos giggles happily.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "You remind Me of the Fourth Circle, a bit. They were fond of giving gifts to other Elders."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh! I always thought the Divine crafted it. I didn't know it...it formed when They appeared! Shiny!"

You think to yourself: Oh no history, the...fourth...

You think to yourself: Why did I always sleep in all my classes except the hands on ones!

Sweating slightly, you say, "I'm...glad!"

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "Mastershrines are formed from their appearance and are an insight into the Divine it springs from?"

Silvanos rubs their chin thoughtfully, raises their eyebrow and says, "I see..."

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "Shiny."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Silvanos, "Going to sneak into other fulcruxes and poke Their shrines?"

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "At least it was so for Me. I cannot speak for others."

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "I very well might."

Silvanos lazily draws their wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly.

Showing that you understand, you nod your head slowly towards Silvanos.

Esei parts a sparkling veil of white mist, arriving in a bright shimmer of water and light.

You raise your hand in greeting to Esei and say "Hi!"

Esei blinks.

Silvanos inclines their head politely to Esei.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Esei, "Hi hi!"

Esei blinks with their nictitating membrane, the translucent lens giving them a glazed look in that momentary flick.

To a master shrine, you say, "This is Esei! She's a friend of mine! She's from Glomdoring! She's nice!"

Politely, Spiritous Wraith Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk says, "They."

Silvanos nods their head emphatically.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "They!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I...am very sorry!"

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "They are neat people!"

Esei waves their hand dismissively.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "So many from so many nations."

Silvanos acknowledges the point with a grave nod of their head.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Was there something else you wished from Me?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "You'd think I'd remember it easier, since the Shofet is neither currently, or both, or...my head..."

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "We tend to be a curious people, I think?"

You have emoted: Shulamit rubs her head thoughtfully.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Esei's lips as they glances at Silvanos.

Esei caresses a phantasmal shroud of shadows gently.

Silvanos lazily draws their wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly.

Sadly, you say to Esei, "Have you stolen child-that-is shadow again?"

Esei tilts their head curiously at you.

Sounding as though underwater, Spiritous Wraith Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk says, "Not this time."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh, good!"

To a master shrine, you say, "I think I wanted to give You cup cakes, and a promise for something vanilla in the future made just for You! Yes. That is what I promise."

You nod your head sagely.

Esei purses their lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as they carefully gathers their thoughts.

You nod your head sagely at a dark blue aquatic cup cake.

Shadows swirl around Esei's arm as the Fingerblade of dha'Wyrden-cree shifts and turns around their hand.

With expert precision, Esei assembles a vibrant floating lantern of dancing firefly squid from a pile of vellum laid before them.

Esei drops a vibrant floating lantern of dancing firefly squid.

Luminous waters wash over a vibrant floating lantern of dancing firefly squid and ripple with light, submerging it entirely until it vanishes from view.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh! Oh! It's the...veil thingy!"

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says to the master shrine of Lantra, "I want to design something for you, but I don't really know what Gods think of clothing. Shofet Mysrai wanted some before, but that was for Their priest? I think?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "It...eats thingies!"

Esei stares blankly into space.

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "Huh."

Sounding as though underwater, Spiritous Wraith Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk whispers, "The Bloom's fulcrux does much the same."

You nod your head at Esei.

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "Oh, interesting."

Silvanos sucks thoughtfully on their teeth.

You have emoted: Shulamit drops a cup cake and watches as it descends.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

You drop a dark blue aquatic cup cake.

Luminous waters wash over a dark blue aquatic cup cake and ripple with light, submerging it entirely until it vanishes from view.

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

You think to yourself: Well, the cake at least is already watery!

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "I really do think I want to poke around more Fulcrux....Fulcruxes?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Well that cake is already watery!"

Silvanos giggles happily.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "And I have extra."

You pat a dark blue aquatic cup cake in a friendly manner.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Silvanos, "Good luck?"

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "Be aware that all you do in a Fulcrux is seen and heard by the Divine who manifested it."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh, yes, I."

Silvanos nods their head emphatically.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I know that one."

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "I wish you well. Thank you for your generosity."

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "Very true."

You think to yourself: I've heard the stories.

Esei begins to follow you.

Esei nods solemnly.

To a master shrine, you say, "Would You like more cup cakes, or just the one for now?"

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "I think I shall take another look around and then take my leave?"

You shift your eyes over a dark blue aquatic cup cake, suspicious about exactly what it has been doing.

Ripples of celestial light radiate out from the centre of the luminous pool as a soft, feminine voice echoes, "One is fine, thank you."

A labyrinthine, shifting poppy suddenly poofs in a cloud of myriad smoke reappearing with burnished copper petals, a heady scent of resin permeating the air.

"Ok!" you exclaim.

Silvanos's mouth turns up as their face breaks into a smile.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Then, then! I will leave You to recuperate, and bathe in shiny light, and go bother...hm."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Esei, "Let's go bother Gurashi!"

You move about quickly and lose Spiritous Wraith Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk.

You begin to follow Esei.

You nod your head sagely at Esei.

Silvanos begins to follow you.

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "Oh, the priestesses are wearing veils! Hmmm."

Esei stares blankly into space.

You follow Spiritous Wraith Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk to before a secluded mountain spring.

Silvanos follows you ether.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

Comments

• I suspect my only contribution to this will be the design of a veil for Lady Lantra to enjoy laughing at.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do you pay attention when you talk, dearest?"