Leading is for Silly People

Silly people like Ixchilgal, not smart Shulamits!

Wait how did this...happen...

- - - -

Caressing a shifting voidcopper idol of the Thousandfold gently in your hands, you focus your thoughts on Mysrai, seeking out Her Master Shrine and fulcrux.

<zoomies there>

You curtsey gracefully before Mysrai.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "There's the genius."

Gurashi nods their head emphatically.

Gurashi gives a lucidian-inspired lemon tart to you.

You have emoted: Shulamit looks around, confused by Tsakali.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Nodding Her head sagely, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Yes, yes, yes, not a single sweet that is unpleasing to Me."

<look at Mysrai and clothing and save to Forms.odt>

The flapping of large, silver-white wings signals the arrival of a metallic feathered pelican. Landing and opening its long pouch beak, a metallic feathered pelican upends watermelon ice cream with pomegranate pustules into Mysrai's with an accompanying splash of wet, wet water. Mysrai now looks very clean.

The veil flutters aside as Aeral passes through in a shivering of crimson and copper energies.

You glow an astonished shade of mauve, eyes boggling out.

"Ahah!" Aeral exclaims triumphantly.

A metallic feathered pelican vigorously flaps its large, silver-white wings and takes off, squawking and squeaking as it goes.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh! I've brought! Things!"

Adjusting a pack that seems to be stuffed with an array of sweet smells, Yix says to Mysrai, "I'm not a cook but I have scoured the shops of the Basin."

Aeral stares implacably about herself.

Gurashi lets out a loud, happy gasp as they turns to focus on Yix.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "A soup, and...things! Ice cream!"

Salt Speaker Aeral Ladyn, Companion of the Even Bladed says, "Those are -my- designs."

Tsakali clenches their fist and chortles "Ooer!"

"Oooooooooh!" you say to Yix, eyes wide with wonder.

Salt Speaker Aeral Ladyn, Companion of the Even Bladed says, "That I was about to bring."

Gurashi grins mischievously at Aeral.

Aeral taps her foot with mild impatience.

Gurashi writes: 'can be two?'

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary laughingly says to Aeral, "Well, bring them then."

Gurashi writes: 'think Shofets likes all of the tasty things?' They pause, then scratch out Shofets and write 'Urchins'. They pause, staring at the page.

You nod your head sagely at Gurashi.

Yix says to Aeral, "I must have visited your shop too."

Mysrai peers at a blueberry and lemon cookie unscrupulously.

Aeral ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

You give a creamy chocolate soup to Yix.

You give a creamy chocolate soup to Wakabi-Armed Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo.

Mysrai nods Her head sagely.

You give a creamy chocolate soup to Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary.

You give a creamy chocolate soup to Salt Speaker Aeral Ladyn, Companion of the Even Bladed.

Utterly entranced, Tsakali emits a long "Ooooh."

Tsakali thanks Aeral profusely.

Aeral gives a shortbread cookie covered in whipped orange frosting to you.

You give a creamy chocolate soup to Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory.

"Tada!" you say with a proud expression on your face.

Gurashi lets out a soft excited gasp at the soup.

Tsakali licks their lips.

Gurashi gives a chocolate loamadore cup cake to you.

Entranced by a creamy chocolate soup, Aeral emits a long "Ooooh."

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "I kinda want to dip a cookie in this soup."

Aeral nods her head at Tsakali, showing her acceptance.

Aeral lets out a small, elated gasp.

Around a mouth of cup cake, you say, "Maybe I can design that next."

Gurashi bounces up and down.

The dazzling flash of coloured glass announces the stealthy arrival of an iridescent clockwork dragonfly. Hovering just above you, it drops a hammered gold platter filled with wobbly cubes of sunpride tea jelly in your hands, then is off whizzing through the air in a metronomic drone.

You blink.

An iridescent clockwork dragonfly rises effortlessly into the air, only to vanish in a dazzling flash of glass and metal.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Excellent. Now, everyone out but the Beloved. We have stuff to talk about."

Orventa tells you, "Incoming sweets for Mys."

Mysrai points outwards imperially, brimming with authority despite Her timy frame.

You tell Voyageuse Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect, "Oh!"

Tsakali frowns at Gurashi.

Orventa tells you, "And one for you."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mysrai, "These are thingies from Orventa!"

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says to Gurashi, "That means you stay."

You give a hammered gold platter filled with wobbly cubes of sunpride tea jelly to Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory.

Gurashi blinks slowly.

Gurashi blushes furiously.

Gurashi flails about helplessly.

Salt Speaker Aeral Ladyn, Companion of the Even Bladed asks, "...wobby cubes of jelly?"

You tell Voyageuse Orventa Trueflight, Dreamer's Architect, "Fancy!"

(Veiled): You say, "Sweets!"

Light spreads across Aeral's back in numerous colours and hues, enfolding her like butterfly wings.

Gurashi huffs softly, planting their hand on their hips before turning back to look at Mysrai, glancing briefly at Tsakali.

You give chocolate-covered ice cream on a stick to Yix.

You give chocolate-covered ice cream on a stick to Salt Speaker Aeral Ladyn, Companion of the Even Bladed.

Using Her tongue and the roof of Her mouth, Mysrai makes a quiet clicking noise.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "It looks like Yix and Aeral are looking to join the Beloved."

You think to yourself: Maybe if I give them food, they will leave.

Tsakali coughs softly.

Yix looks confused and says, "I should learn how to cook next."

A wry smile spreads across Aeral's face.

Salt Speaker Aeral Ladyn, Companion of the Even Bladed says to Tsakali, "I am a proud follower of Lady Terentia."

Gurashi nods their head at Yix.

You think to yourself: Maybe they mean to be flicked.

With a slow nod to Aeral, Tsakali shows their understanding.

Thoughtfully, Salt Speaker Aeral Ladyn, Companion of the Even Bladed says, "But I do have a love of cooking."

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Then you are not Beloved. Which means that you must go."

Aeral nods her head emphatically.

Aeral bows respectfully to Mysrai.

Gurashi writes quickly, holding the notepad out to Yix : 'let know if ever wanna learn and will help teach!'

Gurashi's eyes light up as they smiles.

You think to yourself: *thinks thoughts about shooing people, but fails to actually act*.

Salt Speaker Aeral Ladyn, Companion of the Even Bladed says, "My apologies, Lord-and-Lay."

Aeral coughs softly.

You give chocolate-covered ice cream on a stick to Wakabi-Armed Gurashi An'Ryshe, the Crescendo.

Salt Speaker Aeral Ladyn, Companion of the Even Bladed says, "Lord-and-Lady."

You give chocolate-covered ice cream on a stick to Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary.

The veil flutters outwards into a skein of copper and crimson energies, obscuring Aeral from view.

You give chocolate-covered ice cream on a stick to Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory.

Confused, you say, "So Yix is now Beloved? Shiny."

Tsakali chuckles long and heartily.

Gurashi tilts their head curiously at Yix.

Curiously, Yix says to Mysrai, "Can I sketch You?"

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "Maybe soon. They seem friendly and full of promise."

Mysrai ponders the situation.

Gurashi nods their head at Tsakali.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "No."

Yix leaves to the ether.

<flicked!>

Gurashi stares blankly into space.

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

You pat Gurashi in a friendly manner.

"Hey!" Tonatiuh greets warmly.

Gurashi stares off blankly into space, the color having left their cheeks for the moment.

You raise your hand in greeting to Tonatiuh and say "Hi!"

Tonatiuh kneels before Mysrai and touches his head to the ground in worship.

Tonatiuh murmurs softly to himself.

You give a creamy chocolate soup to Soothsayer Tonatiuh al-Saaoud.

You give chocolate-covered ice cream on a stick to Soothsayer Tonatiuh al-Saaoud.

Tonatiuh's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Joy suddenly washes over you in waves, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

Mysrai turns and pushes up on the top of the master shrine, lifting Herself up and turning around to plop down on its top comfortably. She looks down and says, "So. Lots of Beloved."

Gurashi slowly returns their focus forward as Mysrai speaks, blinking twice.

You nod your head enthusiastically.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Except...not everyone."

Tsakali glances askance at Mysrai.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "There's many many Beloved, but not many awake currently."

Soothsayer Tonatiuh al-Saaoud murmurs, "Hard to combine us all, unlike cake ingredients."

Gurashi glances at you, nodding in agreement.

Mysrai leans forward, elbows to Her knees as She rests Her chin on Her palms, looking down at Gurashi. After a moment, She looks towards you and nods, saying, "Yes, lots of them fell into a deep sleep. Sloth is a terrible, vicious thing, after all."

Nodding solemnly, you say, "Sometimes it tries to make me sleep a lot! But I try not to."

Brilliant ivory light washes over you, its edges tinged with pink as She considers something.

You think to yourself: Ooo, pretty light!

You have emoted: Shulamit seems dazzled by the light, looking at her hands.

Gurashi glances once, then does a double-take as they realize Mysrai is looking at them, eyes widening.

Gurashi blinks.

Tonatiuh's eyes close briefly as the citrus flavoured tentacles of the cake slip past his tongue, only to open abruptly at the brilliant ivory light.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory asks, "What is missing?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Even more Beloved?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Or maybe more cakes!"

Confused, you say, "More Beloved shaped like cakes."

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "Will. People do not seek their Will, and they flounder upon their path."

Gurashi says nothing, furrowing their brow as they watch Mysrai upon the shrine.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "They lack focus, or a reason to seek You or others."

Tapping a finger thoughtfully against Her chin, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Maybe I could bake some Beloved into cakes? That might help if Shula is correct..."

Tsakali frowns at Mysrai.

Mysrai leans Her head to the side, Her hair shifting and scratching noisily against Her clothes as She considers Tsakali's words next. "But..."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I...am unsure if they'd survive!"

Gurashi pauses at this, then writes: 'make pastries of friends often.' Then lower the notepad quickly. 'using commodities not peoples' they quickly underline.

Gurashi coughs softly.

Showing that you understand, you nod your head slowly towards Gurashi.

Tsakali grins mischievously at Gurashi.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says to Mysrai, "There are not more Beloved because people are complacent. They are happy with what is, not looking to what might be."

A slight frown crosses Tonatiuh's features, not entirely in agreement with Tsakali's words. "Maybe some have filled their cup, and don't know how to empty it."

Tsakali shrugs helplessly.

You think to yourself: *random thoughts of half finished designs suddenly flit through her head*.

Tsakali nods their head at Tonatiuh.

Bizirik's head begins to droop. It opens its great maw and curls back its lips to allow its forked tongue to unfurl as it yawns before snapping its mouth shut.

Nodding Her head sagely, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Yes, yes, I am sure you are right. For some reason, people are not looking for their Will. They are finding sloth."

Gurashi looks at Tsakali, expression filled with concern as they frowns.

You reach over to Bizirik, the leothin and itch her back.

Bizirik, the leothin stares blankly at you. After a moment its tail lifts once then thumps back against the ground with potential delight.

Gurashi looks at Tonatiuh, expression filled with concern as they frowns.

Bizirik, the leothin perks up as it is addressed, thrumming softly as you is scritched along its back.

Tonatiuh rests his chin on the tip of an indigo oracle staff bearing hieroglyphic suns in thoughtful contemplation.

You think to yourself: Could have more parties!

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Could have more parties! Those bring people!"

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "And worse yet, when people DO find their Will, they are not listening. They are not trying their Wills and Truths against those of the other Beloved."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "More...testing? Poking?"

Gurashi cants their head at this, blinking.

You think to yourself: Poke Zeebin with...what do you poke silly children with. Rulers?

You have emoted: Shulamit seems confused at something before nodding solemnly.

A cascade of opalescent sparks shivers through Tonatiuh's deep, indigo fur, confusion mixed with disappointed flickering across his canid features.

Mysrai kicks Her legs back and forth as She turns Her gaze between all those gathered, "Perhaps we need someone besides Me, who will lead?"

Gurashi blinks.

Deeply confused, you say, "But You are You, and the Bestest."

Tsakali nods their head at you, showing their acceptance.

Gurashi writes: 'A DIFFERENT Shofets/Urchins?' They look confused, staring at the page.

Gurashi looks about in confusion.

Gurashi looks at Mysrai, expression filled with concern as they frowns.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says to Mysrai, "Shulamit can lead. They are the second Most Beloved besides yourself."

Glowing blinking shades of orange, you say to Gurashi, "But They'd still be Them, just a different Form?"

You peer at Tsakali, eyes narrowed as you glow a suspicious shade of slate grey.

Gurashi stares at Mysrai, eyes wide.

You think to yourself: Leading...is for *silly* people. Like Ixchilgals.

You think to yourself: It's been the only smart thing I've done, managed to not lead!

A shifting, living poppy of copper petals displays a myriad of brilliant colours before its petals explode with a bright flash coalescing into the shade of scarlet blood in the blink of an eye.

Looking towards Her Beacon, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory asks, "Perhaps if they were to be guided by a Sacrosanct, it would be less intimidating?"

You have emoted: Shulamit rubs her hands together, confused.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Look, the poppy went scarlet. Clearly I am not Scarlet, and would be bad."

You nod your head sagely at a shifting, living poppy of scarlet petals.

You think to yourself: Perfect logic.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary smiles impishly and says, "I don't think your poppy is a fortune telling device, Prism."

Looking next to the small jackal-kin, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory asks, "Very true. Perhaps then, someone who has tried to emulate Me in the past, and carries a sense of familiarity?"

You think to yourself: Drat. Tsakali has more logic.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "Well good, Tonatiuh is a fine specimen of Beloved."

A charge of energy flows through your soul.

Tsakali nudges Tonatiuh suggestively.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Very fancy, Tonatiuh is."

Tonatiuh tilts his head, canine fashion, tall tufted ears swiveling sharply at the sudden focus on him,.

Gurashi's attention drifts from their notepad to the conversation at hand, head bobbing from person to person as ideas and compliments are spoken aloud.

Soothsayer Tonatiuh al-Saaoud murmurs, "A specimen who apparently is also unable to gather the Beloved in sufficient number."

You think to yourself: Tonatiuh is smart!

You think to yourself: Oh...

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "But...you'd be gathering NEW Beloved."

You nod your head sagely.

Tsakali nods their head in agreement.

Soothsayer Tonatiuh al-Saaoud says, "There are more who wish to walk the path, they grow, the listen, they seek."

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "No, no. There are some here who have only seen Me in two of My Aspects. Shocked when you met Me as Urchin."

You think to yourself: Oh NO.

Looking up with a sudden thought, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory asks, "What about Alary?"

Tsakali grins and nods.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "Alary is a good leader. I haven't seen them in a while, but they are an excellent mentor."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Alary has seen many Aspects! And Ixchilgal! And Xypher but he...doesn't seem to wake up. And Zeebin, but he did...silly things."

You think to yourself: Yes yes yes.

You think to yourself: *mildly guilty* And myself.

Glowing a guilty shade of grey, you say, "And myself."

Gurashi nods their head at you.

Gurashi tilts their head, gaze softening as they frowns.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Ebon. Ivory. It is hardly perfect, but perhaps...split between the two..."

Trying to recount, you say, "The Urchin in Ivory, the Crooked Gentleman, the Dancer on the Void, the Hermit Clad in Saffron, the Shofet of Abyssal Scales, the Thrice-Crowned! Many! Others!"

You have emoted: Shulamit trails off, trying to count on mortal fingers and failing.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "The Thief of Hidden Apogees, which I still yearn to meet."

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "The Doom of Spires, wasn't there?"

As a last resort, Tsakali weaves fingers into their messy, spiked blonde hair and pulls, yearning for the madness to cease.

You nod your head sagely at Tsakali.

Deep in thought, Mysrai leans Her cheek on Her hand.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Oh, a very good point, Gurashi."

You think to yourself: *soothing pink thoughts*.

Gurashi blinks.

Gurashi quickly looks at Mysrai, shoulders bunching.

Tsakali tilts their head curiously at Gurashi.

You have emoted: Shulamit turns to listen to Gurashi before glowing an embarrassed shade of maroon.

Gurashi blushes furiously.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Aschwar, Shulamit, and Alary. Three is quite better than two."

Mysrai taps Her foot with mild impatience.

Gurashi quickly clasps a hand over their right cheek, face beet red. They catch the stares from their friends and slowly write: 'Aschwar'.

Tsakali acknowledges the point with a grave nod of their head.

You think to yourself: Three-head dragons! Roar! Well, Alary go roar!

Bizirik's head begins to droop. It opens its great maw and curls back its lips to allow its forked tongue to unfurl as it yawns before snapping its mouth shut.

You think to yourself: Less scary! Alary is smart! Beloved Priest very very good!

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "We would have the Sacrosanct of Ebon, to light a fire under the Beloved's ass and keep sloth at bay. We would have a Sacrosanct of Ivory, to guide and nurture and develop the young. And we would have a Sacrosanct of Gold, to offer My insight and a new perspective from beyond this world."

A look of understanding crossing their features, Tsakali nods their head slowly.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "So very shiny!"

You think to yourself: Extremely shiny, like Best Beloved Priest's fur! Well, it's not shiny, is it. It's very soft. But that's shiny. Isn't it?

Gurashi looks at Mysrai, face lighting up as they smiles brightly at Her.

You think to yourself: *furtively and trying to not look at Gurashi* And one day we will have a Gurashi fully, to hug and comfort and and things. Good things! Happier things than mean Glomdorings.

Gurashi holds their smile, squeezing the sides of the notepad and finally averting their gaze after a few moments.

You hum a happy tune.

A low, contented growl arises within Tonatiuh's chest.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Oh, a very good point again, Beloved Gurashi."

Gurashi covers their face.

Tsakali tilts their head curiously at Gurashi.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "We should not ask those to lead who truly do not wish. SO we must ask."

Mysrai tilts Her head curiously at you.

Gurashi peeks through their fingers, surprised.

Tonatiuh urges you onwards.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "Consent is key."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "With Beloved Alary's strongness of strong backbones, and Beloved Best Priest's bestness of being, I can be strong!"

Gurashi's gaze softens as they smiles at you.

Tsakali nods their head at you, showing their acceptance.

You think to yourself: I am a crumbly cookie if I am the only point of failure, but with friends I am strong cookie!

The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to bask in his shining golden rays.

Gurashi writes in all capital letters: 'will be so good!'

Tonatiuh grins mischievously at Gurashi.

(Order): Mysrai says, "Asch? Come here, please."

A brilliant vortex of swirling golden sand begins to manifest before the master shrine of Mysrai, filling the air with the brilliant scent of honey.

You have emoted: Shulamit sniffs at the air, glowing a happy golden colour.

Gurashi's gaze lifts, face lighting up.

A large shadow steps through the vortex, and the sand explodes outwards into nothingness to reveal Aschwar looking around with a small smile.

Tonatiuh reaches out a paw to let the golden sand skitter across his open palm.

You curtsey gracefully before Aschwar.

Gurashi's hands fly to their mouth as they gives a short gasp of elation.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Aschwar, "The Urchin in Ivory!"

Aschwar turns and looks towards the Beloved, not first seeming to even notice Mysrai as they beam broadly at each of you in turn.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary smiles and says to Aschwar, "Long time no see, Beloved Aschwar."

Gurashi throws their arms into the air, beaming brightly... then beaming broader, pointing at the tae'dae's outfit, then pointing at themselves, back and forth excitedly.

Aschwar gives a short gasp of elation.

Aschwar exclaims, "We are matching! Hello Friends! And Shofets!"

You think to yourself: Oh matching!

Gurashi twirls in their spot, throwing their head back in a delighted laugh as they clap their hands together.

Joy suddenly washes over you in waves, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

Aschwar turns and looks towards Mysrai, though their gaze rests higher than it should and slowly lowers to find Her sitting atop the master shrine. "Oh."

You think to yourself: Will they be happy to see the Shofet isn't the Shofet anymore? If it's all they've seen, oh! Hopefully!

Charging in out of nowhere, a miniature Squibbles plushie appears in a flurry of woolen fur, ruby eyes gleaming dangerously.

A miniature Squibbles plushie shakes itself vigorously, sending wisps of wool flying all over Mysrai.

In a series of violent squeaks, a miniature Squibbles plushie exclaims to Mysrai, "Nom nom nom!"

A miniature Squibbles plushie charges out of the area, fangs gnashing viciously all the while.

Tsakali stares implacably about themself.

You open your mouth to say something, but speech fails you.

Aschwar confusedly reaches up and rubs at their eyes, blinking several times before peering closer towards the Urchin. "...lots of people in this world like to change how they look." They smile brightly a few moments later, and happily chime, "But you are matching, too!"

Gurashi stares blankly into space.

With a wide smile, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "I thought you wouldn't notice, sweetie!"

Mysrai strikes a pose.

Gurashi covers their face again at making the realization.

You grin mischievously at Gurashi.

You think to yourself: I don't think me and Silvanos ever wore matching close, despite being twins! Maybe I should try and convince them...

Gurashi lowers their hand and smiles wide, grinning again at the tae'dae and Mysrai in turn.

You think to yourself: Wait, that Squibbles smelled of HERBS.

You think to yourself: Was Silvanos silly enough...

Gurashi beams broadly at Aschwar.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory asks Aschwar, "Do you wanna help lead the Beloved, as one of the Sacrosanct?"

Aschwar blinks.

Gurashi gasps again, perking up and focusing in on the tae'dae, clasping their hands on their cheeks.

Tsakali beams broadly at Aschwar.

Aschwar looks around several times, checking to make sure Mysrai is talking to them and even going so far as to point a claw at their chest. "M-me?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Aschwar, "With me and Alary! To help be backbones! We'll be each others backbones!"

You think to yourself: Alary has very strong ebon backbone!

Gurashi nods their head at you.

Sheepishly, Aschwar exclaims, "I'm...not sure I'm smart enough! I'm still new to the Beloved, after all. And this whole world!"

Gurashi boggles at Aschwar.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "It's a confusing world, sometimes!"

Glancing behind the tae'dae, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "Beloved? Test this Truth against your own. Does Aschwar speak true?"

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "No."

In an encouraging voice, Soothsayer Tonatiuh al-Saaoud says to Aschwar, "Would be hard to find anyone who would think you're not doing the job already."

Gurashi puffs their cheeks, looking down at the notepad to write: 'worlds are confusing! life is confusing. do not have to lead if do not wanna but you are learning EVERY day so think that does not make you not smart enough'. They pause. 'new does not mean not-good.'

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "They're very smart!"

Gurashi pauses, staring at the page, suddenly understanding Aschwar may not be able to read the message. Their face flushes.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "Aschwar speaks wrong. They have grown mightily since coming here, mentally and spiritually as well as physically. They have learned to control their emotions, to learn as well as teach."

You pat Gurashi in a friendly manner.

Gurashi holds a ravenwood-covered notepad of violet hues out to Mysrai anyway, hopefully, nodding in the tae'dae's direction.

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary says, "They are patient, more than they were when they came here. They are kind, and love all without question."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Gurashi would like Beloved Priest to know that worlds are confusing and life is confusing and they don't have to lead if they don't want to, but that they are learning every day so don't think you are not smart enough! New doesn't mean not-good!"

Gurashi blushes deeper, bunching their shoulders.

You think to yourself: Should I not have? But now they heard! In case!

Aschwar blushes deeply beneath their fur, visible among even the ebon fur covering their cheeks.

Mysrai taps Her finger against Her chin thoughtfully. "Do you still hold your Truth to be as such, My dear Asch?"

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary smiles and says, "Above all, they are humble."

Gurashi writes: 'sorry if embarrassed - think you are very good'. They tap the page gently.

Gurashi sniffs softly.

Rubbing an arm and ineffectively attempting to look smaller, Aschwar says, "N-no. I don't think I can any more, Shofet."

You take a deep breath and allow your mind to calm, and your crystalline body begins to shift in colour.

Gurashi watches Aschwar, holding their notepad to their chest, offering an encouraging smile.

Simply, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory asks, "Then will you lead?"

Party Pasha Tsakali Mes'ard, Veiled Visionary whispers to Aschwar, "You can say no, if you don't want it. Don't feel forced."

Turns and looks nervously between those gathered before finally turning to give their gaze to Shulamit, Aschwar says, "Uh...."

Gurashi's gaze softens as they smiles at you.

Gurashi's gaze softens as they smiles at Aschwar.

Smiling encouragingly, you say to Aschwar, "It is always your choice, and we will be here with and for you."

A worked ivory egregore with strange, black-starred halos's eyes go black, swimming with oily shadows. Cold pinpricks of light sparkle within her eyes as she stares forwards, unseeing.

As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty, spreading darkness across the land.

Tsakali nods their head in agreement.

"Well," Aschwar says quietly, scratching at a cheek with their claws gently, "If Missus Friend Shulamit thinks I can, then...I think I can, too."

Tsakali smiles softly.

You nod your head enthusiastically at Aschwar.

Tonatiuh claps his indigo-marked palms, golden claws clicking together with excitement.

A gemstone scaled seal with burning wings of flickering flames raises his head high and releases a string of high-pitched barks: "ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF!" Looking quite pleased with the sound, he lies back on his belly with a satisfied expression.

Gurashi nods their head at a wooden stamp swirled with gold.

Gurashi nods their head at a gemstone scaled seal with burning wings of flickering flames.

Sparing little more than a curious look, a gemstone scaled seal with burning wings of flickering flames quickly turns away from Gurashi.

Gurashi's eyes raise to the heavens as a look of hope flashes across their face.

"Shh!" you say to a gemstone scaled seal with burning wings of flickering flames, putting a finger to your lips.

A gemstone scaled seal with burning wings of flickering flames poses proudly before you, burning wings of flickering flames clapping together in a loud and exuberant display.

You think to yourself: I can't be mad at Delos, he's an exciteable seal baby.

You think to yourself: Even though I fed him too much fruit and now he's a fat seal baby.

The fulcrux floods with brilliant light as Mysrai closes Her eyes, and presses a hand towards Her heart. A moment later, the light spreads outwards and becomes blinding in intensity, forcing you to close your eyes.

Tsakali rubs at their eyes, blinking repeatedly.

Tonatiuh squints sharply.

Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.

Gurashi makes a little noise, shielding their face with their notepad. Beside them, Bizirik stares directly into the light, snorting.

You have emoted: Shulamit revels in the light, glowing cheerfully along with it.

Brilliant golden light extends forward as the link in your soul bursts wide open, fully baring your soul to Mysrai and offering your entire self to Her; and in return flooding you with the full web of Beloved linked to Mysrai in the selfsame manner. You see the link shared with Aschwar, and feel their soul separated only by a thin black barrier that you cannot seem to pass. Still, their thoughts come through loud and clear, delight in the newest discovery and this initiation to the highest echelons of Belovedhood.

Gurashi squeezes their notepad tighter against their face, eyes still squeezed shut.

You think to yourself: Oh! So much light! And best Beloved Priest!

The light slowly fades, and when you open your eyes once more, Mysrai's hand is down from Her heart and She smiles fondly. "Sacrosanct once more. Sacrosanct anew. When Alary has come to Me, the Triumvirate shall be complete, and you shall lead for Me the Beloved I hope to cultivate."

You think to yourself: I wonder if they can see me over here! *tries to mentally wave*.

The light slowly fades, and when you open your eyes once more, Mysrai's hand is down from Her heart and She smiles fondly. "Sacrosanct once more. Sacrosanct anew. When Alary has come to Me, the Triumvirate shall be complete, and you shall lead for Me the Beloved I hope to cultivate."

You gaze at Mysrai as waves of joy wash over you, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

You gaze at Aschwar as waves of joy wash over you, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

Tonatiuh's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Aschwar stares towards you as though seeing you for the very first time.

Gurashi finally lowers the notepad, blinking tears from their eyes... they smile suddenly, brightly, looking between Aschwar and you excitedly.

Tsakali claps their hands together merrily.

You think to yourself: Best Beloved Priest is the best! *a picture of Shulamit and Aschwar forms as though drawn by a children. They are holding hands inside a heart. An Alary stick figure is outside the heart. The two are trying to drag them inside.*.

To Aschwar and Mysrai, you say, "Warmth! Coziness! Things!"

You flit about happily.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

Comments

• Oh my god Yix getting yeeted to Astral... do not worry I made sure she was ALIVE and she got home O-K. What a delightful little trooper.

AHH what a LOG what a DAY what a GLORIOUS DAY to witness more beautiful things ;A; ... *says me still cleaning log of Crumkane's arrival party*  

You cleaned so fast! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for including my buggo boy! 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’