Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• Xiran got called small and given an unsigned gift. Maddening!
    (Okay okay, time to add proper notecards herself.)
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited August 2020
    onMatch([^You grow skill and begin to pray silently for the preservation of your soul while you are out of the land/$],[{send("wonderbrazier activate engulf corpses"_}])

EDIT FOR LESS SNARK
    That sucks. Here, use this to help!
  • Parhelion said:
    I get it, Lusternia. I logged off with astral corpses in my inventory again. You dont have to tell me 100+ times.

Lusternia: Hey, did you get my dm?
  • I had that happen to me with all of my fink and gnome corpses I had gathered for the achievement. I just held down enter for what felt like forever.
  • Luce said:
    onMatch([^You grow skill and begin to pray silently for the preservation of your soul while you are out of the land/$],[{send("wonderbrazier activate engulf corpses"_}])

EDIT FOR LESS SNARK
    That sucks. Here, use this to help!
    Yeah, this will likely not help as much as you think it will :D
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Lirangsha is one of the most IC vs OOC conflicting quests I've seen. From an IC perspective (and my harmony loving heart) I want the lirangsha people to be happy and save, but from the players perspective I want them to be many so I can get more esteem. :neutral:
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Lirangsha is one of the most IC vs OOC conflicting quests I've seen. From an IC perspective (and my harmony loving heart) I want the lirangsha people to be happy and save, but from the players perspective I want them to be many so I can get more esteem. :neutral:

Reasons I never try the quest to help them, would like to help them, don't know when someone's going to come along and fix it so it can get back to the good bad state  (as opposed to the bad good state)
  • Messaged. It may be how any 'sensuous' type denizen responds to seduction influence, but that's not something I do often enough to have the lines handy.
  • Nepenthe said:
    Messaged. It may be how any 'sensuous' type denizen responds to seduction influence, but that's not something I do often enough to have the lines handy.
    It's actually the "brave" type denizen, but yes
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Something I was thinking about the other day. Do you write your characters to be a "main" character? The way I've been playing I've had the goal in mind of being a background character for the most part, not taking on any major roles in the world of Lusternia, being something of a comic relief. I thought about making a thread for this but I don't imagine it would get enough interaction.
  • I totally wrote Yinuish to just be a small character who gave some roleplay and then went away again. But then I met Kistan, actual roleplay happened where he was like 'Let's get married' so then I actually gave Yinuish time and she turned into something more serious. Oops. I'm not sure I'm capable of just playing a roleplay character as soon as some interesting roleplay happens. 
  • I write my characters to be a "main character" for me, but not necessarily for everyone. So they're more like comfortable assistant characters in the world, but I wouldn't consider myself a "main character" in the overarching story of Lusternia.
  • Neladahi said:
    I write my characters to be a "main character" for me, but not necessarily for everyone. So they're more like comfortable assistant characters in the world, but I wouldn't consider myself a "main character" in the overarching story of Lusternia.
    That's more or less how I feel, too. If a character is my 'main' in a MUD, then they're certainly the 'main character' of their own story, but in the majority of RP scenes, they're not probably gonna be the 'main character.' And to other characters, who are the main characters of their own stories, my character might play a bit part, or be a rival, or a love interest, or a mentor, or a comic relief character, or... any number of things.

have also made characters to be part of the background, like @Togna said, and I think it can be a lot of fun (and really add a lot to the game world, too, when I'm not the one doing it), so I totally do get it. But for better or worse, I can never really bring myself to do it with a character I 'main.'
  • Lief is basically the girl from that Main Character Syndrome comic.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."