A stick? A stick!

edited August 2020 in Event Scrolls
Gurashi's been doing lots of wandering about ever since becoming rogue. Today I decided to check out Serenwilde by myself for the first time -ever- now that I'm not an enemy anymore, and I went to go visit my favorite trio of vendors when they ran into someone else instead... 
<-- squint east to find the hidden glade market

You think to yourself: ... oh - I found it ...

You fret over everything that might go wrong.

You think to yourself: ... do not want to be a bother, though.

You huff, puffing your cheeks.

<-- me finally walks in

Hidden glade market.
There is a moderate breeze here. A number of briar rose bushes grow at the edges of the glade, enclosing it in a thick, thorny ring that is difficult to traverse without injury. Rising from the leaves is a subtle fragrance, sweet as apples, which permeates the meadow with its rustic stalls and shelves that house various items for sale. Tall birch trees rise from among the briars, their whorled eyes overlooking the area like silent guardians. A painting of cookie-bound bliss has been enshrined on a shelf here, festooned with flowers and leaf garlands and a trail of mouldy cookie crumbs. Her olive skin glowing with beauty, Duethielle Landrennbenn sings to herself. Shimmering with a stately posture, Olikai Clawheart floats in the air. A mature hornbeam tree stands proudly here. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. Wings humming, Miaei Wildbriar hovers in midair. Binky Tailsnap stands here, his soft nose and whiskers lifted thoughtfully.
You see a single exit leading west.

You have emoted: Gurashi hesitantly pokes their head into the clearing, then proceeds to withdraw, puffing their cheeks.

Khasur Stormcrow sweeps in from the ether like a bad omen, her eyes critiquing her surroundings with a razor's efficiency.

You have emoted: Gurashi opens their mouth, preparing to turn to the clearing again, only to meet with Khasur Stormcrow face-to-face.

You stare blankly at Khasur Stormcrow.

Khasur Stormcrow purses her lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as she carefully gathers her thoughts.

Mouth forming a perfect 'o' of surprise, you say to Khasur Stormcrow, "M... Miss Khasur ..."

look khasur
Elegant in her pale solemnity, Khasur Stormcrow is a tall, dark-eyed trill whose feathers are streaked with white and anointed with strange, silvery runes that twist with sharp, thorn-like ends into each other. Her skin is more like white marble than anything living, causing her features to be rigid and impassive like a statue's. Her robes are of brocade dyed over from some paler hue to an ebon, and much repaired - despite this, a high-necked scholar's coat is fastened with tarnished silver frogs, even as her skirts are a strange mix of airy silks and stained linens, all in varying shades of ebon. A single black rose is pinned in her lapel pocket, and a string of blackened jade prayer beads carved with scorpions swings from a broad belt of cured eelskin.
Khasur Stormcrow has an air of extreme strength.

Lifting a hand to her neckline disdainfully, Khasur Stormcrow says, "And so this is where you have found yourself wandering. How positively alarming, but I suppose, accurate, as well."

Surprised, you say to Khasur Stormcrow, "I ... wh..."

You have emoted: Gurashi looks down at a mint chocolate elfen-inspired cookie in their hand, then up again at Khasur Stormcrow in surprise. "...I mean, I've ..."

Khasur Stormcrow tilts her head in a rather bird-like way, curiosity besting her. "And how interesting your shield is." (my shield: a wyrden shield emblazoned with the Drums of the Dead)

Khasur Stormcrow waves her hand dismissively.

Lifting her lips into a vaguely threatening smile, Khasur Stormcrow says, "But I did not come here to discuss your many obscure decisions, nor have I come here to point out how wretched this forest is."

Khasur Stormcrow says, "Here."

You have emoted: Gurashi quickly drops their hands to their sides, shoulders bunching. They lower their voice, glancing briefly into the glade before returning to face Khasur Stormcrow. "Sorry. Uhm." They huff once. "Oh. You - didn't?"

You blink a few times and stare at Khasur Stormcrow in confusion.

Khasur Stormcrow gives a branch from a ravenwood tree to you.

Shrugging lightly, Khasur Stormcrow says, "My Mistress thought that you could use a, uh..."

You blink.

You are holding:
"branch321399"                a branch from a ravenwood tree

look branch
This branch is long and slender, tapering at the end into tiny, black feather-like fronds. Gnarled and twisting, the tell-tale signs that this tree hails from the Glomdoring are all present: residual webbing splays across the length and breadth of it, broken pieces that have snapped off have been grown over with thick scars, and it is cool to the touch, as if it spent its lifetime flourishing in the shade.

You have emoted: Gurashi takes a branch from a ravenwood tree, surprised. "...oh - this is from..."

Quieter, you say, "Home."

Khasur Stormcrow pauses for a heartbeat or two, intentionally prolonging the moment. Finally, she continues, "...what was it? Ah pick-me-up? A memento? Something to that effect."

You have emoted: Gurashi turns a branch from a ravenwood tree over in their hands. "...but, why?"

Khasur Stormcrow says, "Well."

Bright and clear, you say to Khasur Stormcrow, "I thought She was like .... reeeeeeeally mad."

Khasur Stormcrow pulls her robes more tightly around her, her face twisted with repulsion. "How should I know? I would attempt to help you figure it out, but I don't care."

With a slight, imperious nod, Khasur Stormcrow sweeps out to the west.

You blink.

u have emoted: Gurashi opens their mouth as if to ask another question, but the trill is gone before they can speak, leaving them stunned and stupefied.

You have emoted: Gurashi looks towards the clearing, then back away from it, brow still furrowed as they slip back out of sight.
<3@Viravain so muchly. This is a good stick. *brandish*
‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

Comments