Lief and Zitto Didn't Elope

edited September 2020 in Event Scrolls
They had a real, proper ceremony! I can't thank Maylea and Zitto enough for their parts in making this wedding perfect, nor Raezon for the little spook, nor Mysrai for the poppy and the blessing that is Aschwar's presence, and I DEFINITELY cannot thank everyone who came, watched, interacted, shouted, catered, played games, or set the wedding guests on fire enough either. So much <3

"This is why I love weddings..." - I almost forgot to post this here! I wanted to include this log with the wedding post. This is when Maylea agreed to bless Lief and Zitto's ceremony.

Pre-wedding log, from after Lief returned from a very exciting trip to the tattoo parlour through Aschwar giving Lief the poppy gift. I did my best to tidy it all and group together like conversations.

The wedding log itself, from Maylea appearing to Maylea leaving. Even Goddesses need authorization.

From before the pre-wedding log, immediately after Elexia finished tattooing Lief's foot:

A chill runs down your spine, subdued whispers echoing from the inside of your head, "It has become the talk of the Gods that you are to be wed soon. Might I be amongst those who offer Their congratulations."

You have emoted: Lief's pained grimaces freeze in place. Her eyes grow wide as she searches the tattoo parlour, and then she closes her eyes with a soft exhale. "I, ah..."

Rubbing her foot near the tattoo, eyes still closed, you whisper, "Thank You."

A blossom of blue and silver flame appears in your hands, sparkling with energy. "You may have My blossom for your ceremony. It will return to Me in time, but for now, wear it proudly. Or do not, it is your choice."

Elexia considers her handiwork atop your foot with a bit of pride, planting her fists on her hips as she nods in satisfaction. "It turned out wonderfully, dear, you are welcome!"

Elexia seems blissfully unaware of the discomfort in your expression as she turns to Faythe.

You have emoted: Lief opens her eyes, shivering slightly, and in her other hand is a blossom of blue flame.

Faythe eyes your expression, and then eyes the needle in Elexia's hands.

The substance of this delicate bloom appears to be made of air, or pure essence, for the blossom is ever-changing in its shape and quality of light. Five petals it bears, each flickering like a tongue of blue flame, flashing with harsh sparks of silver. The petals sway and dance together with a cold, stark glow, which rather than illuminating, instead casts into relief the blackness of the shadows. A pentagram rests at the centre of the bloom, its inky lines searing themselves into the mind.

It weighs 5 ounce(s).

It has the following aliases: blossom.

You have emoted: Lief looks up from a blossom of blue flame and wings from the bench to hover. "Thank You," she says again, steadier if still uncertain. She hesitates, and then tucks the flower into a snowy, flower-embossed kimono robe.

Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
~
A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
~
Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."

Comments

• edited September 2020
    You have been recognised by Elexia for: She is such an incredible writer, and I adore the friendship between Faythe and Elexia. Faythe's emotes are well-written and creative, and in this scene in particular she has done such wonderful emotes using the Moondancer fae! It's always inspiring and so very much fun. 

You have been recognised by Lief for: There is a LOT to recognize you over. We've had so many great scenes - so much tension and warmth and friendship and confusion between our two characters, and I love every moment of it. Not to mention the cult - I am so glad you could make it, and Faythe's role in its creation was beautiful. It wouldn't have been the same event without Faythe's presence there. Thank you!!
  • edited September 2020
    At @Lief 's request, Lendren's outfit:

She is a graceful elfen demigoddess changeling. She holds herself with graceful beauty, occasionally interrupted by shyness, as she grows more confident of her place in the world. Her bangs of midnight-hued hair frame her narrow-rimmed spectacles, behind which jewel-like ebony eyes sparkle with a curious mix of eagerness and shy reticence, while her wavy hair, from which pointed ears peek, tumbles over her shoulders to mid-back, gleaming as if under moonlight. Her dark brown skin is strikingly offset by garish white scars near one shoulder, four vertical lines with a half-circle surrounding one end. Her elfen form is interrupted by a pair of oversized faeling-like rainbow wings folded against her back, seamlessly merged into a body primarily that of a curvaceous, graceful elfen. Tattooed on her toes is an illustration of swirls of rainbow mist. A lush fragrance dances about her as she stands awash in the wild, prismatic colours of a truefavour from Maylea, Bloom of Serenity.
    She is wearing:
    a translucent crystal bindi in the center of the forehead
    a blooming symbol of Serenity pinned to the chest
    a pair of iridescent round spectacles
    the Flame of dae'Seren on a chain around the neck
    a resplendent rainbow sari floating loose and airy about her form
    an ornate golden silk dupatta scarf looped twice around her neck and dangling down on either side
    a pair of glittering black high-heeled shoes
    black silk elbow-length gloves adorned with golden threads
    a floral bouquet earring on a silver chain through her left ear
    a floral bouquet earring on a silver chain through her right ear.

You look at a resplendent rainbow sari that Lendren is wearing:
    Voluminous silk has been generously cut and dyed in a resplendent rainbow of highly saturated hues to make this bright, colourful sari ensemble. The choli is tightly fitted, running high on the midriff, leaving the bellybutton exposed, and is dyed in a range of purples and blues, the dark indigo of a twilight sky at the neckline and fading to a cerulean above the bellybutton. The pavada skirt, cut wide to give the ensemble some flounce, continues the variegations of sky colours from cerulean at the waist to a pale sky blue at the ankle. This selection of sky colours is overwhelmed by the bright rainbow of saturated hues of the voluminous sari itself, the spectrum of colours shifting with the wearer's movement to make the rainbow undulate like a living thing across the backdrop of sky.

You look at an ornate golden silk dupatta scarf that Lendren is wearing:
    Threads of gold are woven into this silk dupatta scarf, combining with the golden tint of the fabric to make the whole scarf appear like a flow of molten gold, shimmering in any light as it moves. The scarf is designed to complement a formal sherwani suit, rather than to provide much warmth, and as such, it's very sheer but long enough to wrap around the body, across the chest and up the back to return over the shoulder, so that it will flare out during formal dances. Lending an extra shimmer that is hard to notice save under close examination, a few silver threads trace out a faint image of white roses that almost vanishes into the similarly iridescent quality of the golden fabric.

You look at a pair of glittering black high-heeled shoes that Lendren is wearing:
    The black material of the shoe is lined with a deep red cloth. The open toe allows for comfort and breathing, but also adds to its allure. A wide strip of cloth across the middle gives covering to the wearer. The strip is adorned with finely crushed onyx, giving a powerful shimmer without compromising the mood of the shoe. A two-inch heel protrudes from the back, raising the shoe, and signifying that the shoe is not meant for rigorous activity.

You look at black silk elbow-length gloves adorned with golden threads that Lendren is wearing:
    Delicate strands of gold are woven into these silken elbow-length gloves in a subtle tracery of vines, striking a subtle contrast with the lustrous, deep black tint of the fabric. Clinging tightly to the wearer's arms, they appear almost like a flow of molten metal due to the peculiar combination of metallic thread and gleaming fabric. Truly an example of form over function, the fabric of these gloves is too light and sheer to offer warmth or protection, simply serving to provide a fashionable backdrop for more colourful garments as part of a coordinated ensemble. The upper end of the gloves reaches just above the elbow where they are secured by a simple band of blackened iron, snug enough to keep them in place through even the most energetic of dances.

You look at a floral bouquet earring on a silver chain that Lendren is wearing:
    Dangling on a short silver chain is a tiny carved bouquet of flowers cut from colourful gems. The whole bouquet bangle is barely bigger than a pea, and carved in such minute detail that it looks like an arrangement of crystalline flowers shrunk to an impossibly tiny size. Amongst the blooms are a showy red rose hewn from ruby, a deep-hued indigo cut from sapphire, and a crystalline orchid whose diamond facets refract the available light into iridescent rainbows.

• edited September 2020
    Llani's outfit:

a sheer olive green sari embroidered with golden orchid blooms
    Sheer and dreamy, this delicate sari is composed of two thin layers of soft, translucent gauze; one piece is a snowy ethereal white, while the other is a striking olive green. Ephemeral and ink-like, capillary-thin golden threads spin across the fabric, forming delicately wending vines that blossom into orchids, their curling petals in full bloom. Crushed diamonds and tiny seed-pearls are haphazardly strewn across the sari, some clustering together upon the petals of the orchids, and when touched by any ambient lighting it is as if the blooms spring to life. The gauze clings to the body, wrapping tightly across the bosom and over one shoulder, leaving the opposite arm bared. The material leaves the midriff bare as it snugs into the waist, flowing down over the hips to fall in straight folds to the ground. All along the bottom edge of the sheer material hang tiny golden bells that gently chime together with any movement.

same scarf as Lendren's above

elbow-length dark green gloves with golden orchids
    Crafted from supple and soft kidskin leather and dyed a rich forest green, these elegantly slim elbow-length gloves are tailored to hug the wearer's arms like a second skin. Resting just below the wrist on the back of each hand, a small orchid blossom is embroidered in golden thread, the blossom's curling petals in full bloom. Similarly embroidered in golden thread, the flower's stem coils around the wrist before starting to spiral up the arm where it steadily grows more slender, all but vanishing at the elbow.

dark green high-heeled shoes with a golden orchid
    Possessing a light and airy appearance from their open toes and slender build, these forest green shoes are supported by three-inch heels of burnished gold. Delicately embroidered in golden thread, a long stem twists and turns as it coils around each shoe before ending in a small orchid blossom that rests just above the toes, its curling petals in full bloom. The embroidered stem parts from the shoe as it reaches the ankle, transitioning smoothly to a thin strip of beaten gold which spirals upwards along the leg and helps to hold the shoe in place.

We had the saris and scarf designs, and my heels, already. We designed both gloves and Llani's shoes to round out the ensemble. All the designs are mine or mine and Llani's except the black shoes and the green orchid sari.