guildcredits?

Just having a look at things and seems like some guild variation of orgcredits would be helpful?

Looking over the past month of logs there's a lot of credits coming in and going out thanks to orgcredits but the actual purchases (i.e what guilds also get a portion of) for Seren are only like 60 all up, which when split among the guilds isn't much to work with when there's hundreds coming in every ig year on an org level.

The basic ideas that come to mind are like...

• Really simple: each guild gets a certain amount of credits relative to how well their parent org did each year (not necessarily a third but some kind of even split)
    This basically just loops into what's already there. Smaller guilds would gain a relatively bigger benefit, which may or may not be bad. (incentive to join/build a smaller guild)

• Reuse org points: Track org points against the guild as well, rank guilds and hand out the stipend proportionally.
    Maybe ranked within the org (i.e top org's guilds get x/y/z) or some kind of ranking with all guilds. Might have some issues around conflicting priorities? Like would guilds be competing against each other?

• Separate points: Kinda the same as the previous but guild points are separate. Allows for stuff like, maybe designs submitted to deeded clans also count or activities that don't count for orgs might count for guilds.

Looking at other incentives at the same time, things like patron requests and neat rewards that might be possible through that. But with daily and org credits it'd be nice to have guilds getting some kinda credit income as well. I was looking at like 200 credits all up as a reward but that's like... over a rl year and a half of credit income based on the last month for Listeners / ten months with the Seren amount being averaged.

Also not thinking the hundreds of credits that an org gets but even like 10%-20% would provide something to work with.

Comments

• This certainly sounds like a cool idea, though I do worry that it would encourage people to join one guild instead of spread out, even if the idea is to encourage people in smaller guilds getting larger bonuses.

I love the idea of possibly getting guildpoints for things like designing for deeded clans (maybe we could have a way to set 5 clans to each guild, as "official cartels"?) because it'd encourage people making designs related to the RP and aesthetic of the guild itself.

This sort of stuff might encourage people to fix guilds that aren't doing well, also, which would really benefit the environment of the game and get all the guilds back into tip-top shape, since some are woefully underloved and underchanged and could use some affection in getting back on their feet.
  • Neladahi said:
    This certainly sounds like a cool idea, though I do worry that it would encourage people to join one guild instead of spread out, even if the idea is to encourage people in smaller guilds getting larger bonuses.

I love the idea of possibly getting guildpoints for things like designing for deeded clans (maybe we could have a way to set 5 clans to each guild, as "official cartels"?) because it'd encourage people making designs related to the RP and aesthetic of the guild itself.

This sort of stuff might encourage people to fix guilds that aren't doing well, also, which would really benefit the environment of the game and get all the guilds back into tip-top shape, since some are woefully underloved and underchanged and could use some affection in getting back on their feet.

Yeah, how to encourage the spread is hard because there's just a social benefit to being in a big guild, but that's also why something like guilds get ranked within their org and get credits relative to that might be nice, because that way the bigger guilds help the smaller guilds indirectly, where ranking all the guilds would mean it's every guild for themselves.

And yeah, I think guild specific could have a nice bonus of focusing or rewarding stuff that builds guilds. Library submissions from guild members might count, but also you might be able to have something for like extra points if the guild submits a prestige book. 

One of the reasons I kinda like the idea of guild being ranked within their org rather than globally is also that, to me at least, it kinda has this thing where within an org the guilds are competing but also helping indirectly through org points?