Game Balance

12345679»

Comments

• I issued myself asking for clarification, and got a response from Oneiroi:
    We consider such things to be highly contextual, and thus We do not think it right to give a blanket statement on what is or is not abuse of the recognise system when it comes to the intersection of PvP and roleplay. Abuse of the recognise system generally includes things such as recognising alts, recognising on someone else's behalf, and so forth. Thank you.
    So, I feel much better about recognising someone for showing up to fight me in a timequake or other conflict, and will definitely consider doing so in a respectful manner going forward.
  • Saran said:
    Kethaera said:
    There is no contradiction here. Anything done in-game is presumably part of your character's rp. That doesn't mean someone should be recognized for swapping trades, EVEN THOUGH it is also an in-character action. The argument is only that if someone WANTS to recognize someone for something pk-related, there is nothing in the helpfile that prohibits it. You are looking for justifications that no one is making.
    You've also noted you can't actually say for certain that your interpretation is what was intended while now insisting that your interpretation is correct heh.

Personally, I think a specific system would be way better, for example... you could make it that PK thing ends, everyone that participated gets to acknowledge/recognise/award/whatever someone else who also participated. That way every event everyone will be able to recognise, rather than maybe people give out all of them in the first one of the day and can't give them out later on. Because they're connected to the event, that's the limiter rather than a static 3 per day, so if you participate more you get to give out more.

1. I didn't write the helpfile. I'm not an admin. I'm not arrogant enough to pretend that those first two observations mean that my interpretation is the correct one. If you want to know for sure, ISSUE ME is still a thing.

2. No, still unnecessary. A system already exists to reward people for doing whatever.

3. Recognizing for pk can still come across as insulting, so I'd still recommend people NOT do this, or choose their wording carefully.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Thank you.  Acknowledging and escalating it into the next project slot is a good start.
  • Pushing back economy again:open_mouth:

Time to hoard all the city commodities out of reach of crafters.
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)