Announce Post #3123: Q&A Livestream

edited February 2021 in Announce Posts
As mentioned in the newsletter, the postponed livestream returns this Saturday - February 20th at 8 pm GMT. Power outages and the snowpocalypse continue to rage on but we're cautiously optimistic neither will get in the way.

We'll be answering questions asked in the original forum thread and privately, but we might be able to answer extra questions as well. Leave your new queries on the forum version of this post or send them to Uilani!

Follow us at twitch.tv/lusternia and watch our social media (HELP TWITTER) for updates when we go live.

Hope to see you there!

Comments

• "There can be a gooch channel." - Uilani, February 20, 2021
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    "...coded on a napkin, and then faxed over to an actual monkey"

I love you. Also, the pronunciation was spot on :)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited February 2021
    So... questions from the guild stuff heh

Are signets basically just stoles by another name? 

For guild artifacts, is that like the old guild artifacts, like the GM one that let you do the rite? Or maybe something more like order items where it's something you get automatically?

And yeah, is the rite the old GM rite where you get exp relevant to the number of people present? Still GM only or can it be permission-based? Oh and if it's permission-based is there a limit like... the guild can only benefit from it once per day or the like? 

For the dweller-like mobs, are there any examples of existing ones and what they can do? Not necessarily the ic like... X guild has/had Y dweller-like mob but like... they've had maybe... delivery, mailer, etc.
  • Saran said:
    For the dweller-like mobs, are there any examples of existing ones and what they can do? Not necessarily the ic like... X guild has/had Y dweller-like mob but like... they've had maybe... delivery, mailer, etc.

Guardian/wiccan guilds use to have a guild champion pet which is where I was basing the question off of (only wanting something anyone could get rather than being limited to an elected position.)
  • Ayisdra said:
    Saran said:

Guardian/wiccan guilds use to have a guild champion pet which is where I was basing the question off of (only wanting something anyone could get rather than being limited to an elected position.)
    Yeah, I remember them. Just those also had combat benefits which I don't imagine the dwellers would have available.
    So just wondering if something already exists, cause it can provide inspiration and help for brainstorming other ideas.
  • Saran said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Saran said:

Yeah, I remember them. Just those also had combat benefits which I don't imagine the dwellers would have available.
    So just wondering if something already exists, cause it can provide inspiration and help for brainstorming other ideas.
    I'd say - probably more like Eilidh than Patchou, perhaps.
  • I say Gaudiguch to rhyme with Dutch, likely an abomination to most!
  • @Saran
    1) Yes, signets are basically stoles and a guild can have only one. 
    2) Guild artifacts, in the old style of guild artifacts, are not requestable via PRs right now. This is something we might consider as a boost for Guilds as a whole and is on the table, along with some other more mechanical encouragements to join a Guild. Not on the immediate roadmap but being kept in mind because, as mentioned, we recognise Guilds could use those.
    3) Dweller wise, or, more accurately pet-wise (because dwellers are generally humanoid and those would be actual guild tutors) it would be something like Isaisys from Aerie. They wouldn't have combat benefits. We don't have strict guidelines for what is available for such as so few have been requested ever. We need to review it on a case by case basis.

@Eritheyl
    I'm glad I managed to get that one right!

I'm not sure if I remembered to try my hand, or pronunciation as it were, at some of the other names though. We went down the list without mentioning who asked each question.

@Saran - pronounced like Seren? Or like Saran Wrap.
    @Uzriel - strong U? Like ooze-riel?
    @Lorina - Stress on the second syllable? Lo'reena?
  • Uilani said:
    @Saran
    2) Guild artifacts, in the old style of guild artifacts, are not requestable via PRs right now. This is something we might consider as a boost for Guilds as a whole and is on the table, along with some other more mechanical encouragements to join a Guild. Not on the immediate roadmap but being kept in mind because, as mentioned, we recognise Guilds could use those.
    3) Dweller wise, or, more accurately pet-wise (because dwellers are generally humanoid and those would be actual guild tutors) it would be something like Isaisys from Aerie. They wouldn't have combat benefits. We don't have strict guidelines for what is available for such as so few have been requested ever. We need to review it on a case by case basis.

@Eritheyl

I'm not sure if I remembered to try my hand, or pronunciation as it were, at some of the other names though. We went down the list without mentioning who asked each question.

Thanks ^_^

Closer to Seren I think.
    Kinda breaks down as... Sar-an. The first part is like "Far", with the "a" the same sound as the one in the musical notes "Fa" and "La" (I now have do-re-mi playing in my head lol). The "an" is the same way I pronounce it in for something like "an approval", I guess a softer one than the first.

I actually found out Saran wrap was a thing through Lusternia heh, we call glad/cling wrap down in Australia (or at least around Sydney) >_>
  • Uilani said:
    @Saran

@Eritheyl

Yaaaaas

As many "eeeeeeee"s as you can fit. Lor-eeeeee-na.