The First Strand

edited March 2021 in Event Scrolls
In which Rhalkyr meets @Viravain , and falls immediately, madly, irrevocably in love. (And somehow manages not to get murdered, which was kind of a surprise tbh?)

Also She gives him a task! 

The First Strand

Given that @Xenthos is his go-to for pestering with questions, he...Pesters him with questions about his new task. 

What follows is 1) a frankly fascinating discussion on what the greev actually is, or could be, 2) a new task, and 3) an ominous portent of things to come, and a mutual promise to stand ready for whatever that may be.

Tasks, Present and Future

Casually slides Xenthos up onto Rhalkyr's pantheon of the Glomdoring's deific and demideific figures

(I now have the POWER TO EDIT! So I shall be collating the further logs in here, for tidiness' sake. )

Come In To My Parlour (Rhalkyr has a chat with Afollia and almost gets eaten, and gets told he blasphemed against Viravain. This Upsets him.)

Disappointment (Rhalkyr is still upsettie spaghetti about being a Bad Glomling and shame spiralling, Esei helps! Also hurts, but accidentally so it's okay. )

What Does She Really Want? (Continuing in his largely fruitless quest for answers, Rhalkyr turns his attention to Irilara, and muses on the nature of the task. )

Always, In Threes [ Alternate backup, just in case! ] (Rhalkyr and Esei mull over the quandry, to no avail - Until Khasur, Viravain's Herald, shows up.)
"I see facets of you suited towards Myself, yes. But also facets suited for dearest Viravain, and even Manteekan and Shikari."
 -Nocht

Comments

• Rhalkyr continues to ask basically anyone older than him (which is everyone, essentially) about the origins of the Greev. His latest elder to question is @Irilara ! (Also Illyria is there, but the meat of that encounter is posted elsewhere by Illy herself C: ) 

What Does She Really Want?
    "I see facets of you suited towards Myself, yes. But also facets suited for dearest Viravain, and even Manteekan and Shikari."
     -Nocht
  • edited March 2021
    Phew, boy. This is a, uh. A big one. Highly recommend ctrl+f for Khasur to get to the juicy NPC action - Rhalkyr gets to ask three questions of her about the Greev (A gift from @Viravain ), and it...Does not go so well? (Also it turns out this task that I thought was just something to keep a newbie busy is, in fact, Probably Important, weep)

Otherwise! @Esei continues to try to gently thwap some self-worth into him, and he continues to resist mulishly. There is a MOUNTAIN load of angsty thinkmotes in this one, especially at the end when they go to @Nocht 's fulcrux. 

Always, In Threes ( Alternate backup, just in case! )
     -Nocht