Finding the Light

It was @Tridemon 's IG birthday a week or so ago, so Chel made him and @Gurashi a special gift! Specifically, three engraved brooches, one for each family member with their own spark of Light. 

This was followed a few days later by a Very Upsetting conversation on Cheliyi's birthday with @Esei , leading to deep feelings of hurt and weary bitterness. 

Then, @Sulwh asks Chel for a favor to "offer some insight" to @Illyria, which leaves her tired and resigned.

Finally, there's the whole training that Gurashi is undergoing, (which you can read here!), which has her feeling like she just isn't strong enough to do anything right, on her end.

To put it rather mildly, Chel's still in a rough adjustment period when it comes to connecting to the Light. She's tired, bitter, angry, and just plain cold. Which... comes to a head, when she tries to relax and center herself in Celest's bathhouse. Intrusive thoughts are funny like that. (TW for a panic attack described in detail for this log! Please be healthy and mindful sob.) 
You have emoted: Cheliyi sighs and slips into the pool, submerging until just her eyes remain above the surface.
You think to yourself: **a quiet haze as the water seeps into your clothes... you don't really want to think.**.

You have emoted: Letting her eyes slide shut, the mugwump simply floats in the water like a drifting branch. If not for Cheliyi's twitching frills, she might even seem asleep. Dragged to and fro by gentle currents, she blows out a quiet stream of bubbles.

You think to yourself: **blue and green slowly swirling, gently shifting and solidifying into familiar blobs... perhaps a pond, perhaps a looming willow gnarled over the water's surface, swaying gently in some unseen breeze. a quiet pang of longing, followed by darkening skies and an island rising through the center of the body of crystalline water, with a bitter seed planted within. a rose.**.

You have emoted: Cheliyi sighs quietly, suddenly squirming with discomfort as her frills twitch.

Thankfully, it seems like there people (@Tikki and @Velcora , love you two) who are happy to help Chel warm up.

Not to mention a VERY GOOD certain Mister Dad, who helps Chel work through the aftermath, when the two of them are up late into the month.
Cheliyi squints. Hesitantly, she asks, "Does He need pants?"

Comments

• The frost on her frills slowly dissipating into mist, you say, "Ah... sorry, yes. Do not understand what You are saying, no. Would respond, if I could."

You think to yourself: At least... it is warmer, here.

In an instant, Mysrai's hand is at your cheek, and the flames are there as well. Burning, crackling, and snapping with snippets of alien verse that fill your mind with praises to the Resin Child and testaments of Her benevolence. Yet where there should be a painful agony, the fire that licks at your skin feels like naught more than the splashing of a cool lake underneath the summer sun.

Mysrai, the Resin Child says, "Dza..."

You have emoted: Cheliyi visibly flinches with fear as the flames lick over her skin, almost tearing herself away, only to hesitate, and frown. Her tail lashes behind her, the mugwump clearly shaken as her gaze flicks down to the fire with befuddlement. Slowly, she relaxes, looking up at Mysrai with confused awe.

You think to yourself: **nonono- wait. wait. it doesn't... the sudden pit of fear in your stomach slowly fades, leaving copper in your mouth and an odd warmth in your chest.**.

You close your eyes and focus on Mysrai's voice, frills turned to them.

Mysrai, the Resin Child says something unintelligible in an unfathomable eldritch tongue.
    In Mysrai's speech, the song about Her releases but bare snippets that...perhaps in madness, appear to ring true to the common tongue. "...cont......ne'....fear....contr...f the...paradigm. Your Will, ...bo...ll, shall shape the reality........Be not afraid, once-M..................Love shal....mad...free."

You have emoted: Cheliyi blinks rapidly, tears welling up in her eyes. Hoarse, she murmurs, "I... I don't... I'm not one of Yours, though. So, why..."
    @Mysrai was awake, and so Chel decided to visit, (maybe because it's warm in Their Fulcrux? :) )
    When I tell you that I cried, I cried. Resin Child So Good. 
    Cheliyi squints. Hesitantly, she asks, "Does He need pants?"
  • Gurashi's POV just before being yoinked into the Fulcrux:
    Gurashi: *sees Mysrai on EWHO*

You have emoted: Gurashi suddenly looks up in familiarity, face lighting up.

(Veiled): You say, "Good morning, Most Beloved!"

A shifting, living poppy of amethyst petals dissolves in a torrent of dark black sand that flows about your hand before reforming into a darker, abyssal form.

Lilting phrases respond in fast-paced strokes of alien tongue, snatching your breath away for a brief moment in its intensity and splendour.

You have emoted: Gurashi's tail lashes back and forth, and they briefly glance towards the shifting poppy upon their wrist before returning their attention to the dummy. Only for a moment, however - just as quickly they turn their attention to their surrounds, expectant.

(Veiled): You say, "How are You doing to-day? Hope are doing well?"

Joy fills your heart as the next response comes, a crooning, melodic affair that ululates in ways beyond mortal ken. For a brief moment, you smell the colours of your surroundings as your mind spins with wonder.

You have emoted: Gurashi lowers their sword, plucking at the edges of their scarf, tucking it more securely around their ears.

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

You think to yourself: *at this - a rousing sensation, not unlike feeling the Song - a myriad of colors bloom like a painting in their mind in response to the sensation*.

You have emoted: Gurashi lifts a hand to their chest, eyes nearly closing as they inhale deeply, tail arching like a cat's might.

Though the sensation fades, the feeling remains lodged behind your sternum like a bubble of gas. Rather than spread discomfort, however, joy continues to radiate in pulses that rebound and double upon meeting the link you share with Her.
    I LOVE THE RESIN CHILD. I LOVE MINE-CHILD ;_;
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’