Captain Contelli Parleys with Elder Li-Varili

edited June 2021 in Event Scrolls

Captain Contelli Parleys with Elder Li-Varili (use Mozilla Firefox if Chrome does not load)

Pastebin version without colour.

Teyitha Contelli shouts, "Elder Li-varili! I, Teyitha Contelli, and my crew have come to bid an audience with you. We stand on the beach of Rhizoda for a conversation."
As the intoxicating fragrance of bromeliads perfumes the air, you sense that Li -varili, Lady of the Lagoons has returned to mortal perception.

Skipped lively mudskippers, live summaries to Serenwilde, and some Xiran thoughts.

Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

Comments

• Li-varili kind of pains me because I love the backstory and everything, and I am very, very excited by the concept of a potentially perpetually unaligned Elder, but there is relatively little IC reason for my character to have that much interest in her.
  • Jolanthe said:
    Li-varili kind of pains me because I love the backstory and everything, and I am very, very excited by the concept of a potentially perpetually unaligned Elder, but there is relatively little IC reason for my character to have that much interest in her.

We may have reason soon enough, if my hunch is correct.
  • edited June 2021

Oh, forgot to share her latest description:

Li-varili

With smooth and supple skin the turquoise-green shade of lagoon waters, She is a radiant immortal and shines with a glaucous lustre that illumines the barely visible traces of faint, white scars that mark Her body. Framed by long-lashes, Her vast turquoise eyes churn with emotion, reflecting a haunting intensity that glints with an almost feral ferocity. Dewdrops sparkle on Her white eyelashes and the rest of Her sharp facial features, as well as Her wet red lips, their glistening hue the striking colour of a bromeliad's petals. Sapphirine scales adorn Her webbed hands and arms, while Her pink nails each resemble a spike of sharp coral. Her wild hair tumbles down Her back in a curtain of damp, unruly red curls resembling tangled fronds of seaweed, kelp and cattail reeds.

She is wearing:
    a dewy half mask scaled in rippling turquoise shrouding Her face from view
    sanguine robes of woven fireweed blossoms that flutter behind Her in a glorious train
    a striking red bromeliad tucked behind Her ear
    an eye of the lagoon necklace covetously wound about Her throat.

You look at a dewy half mask scaled in rippling turquoise that Li-varili is wearing:
    Woven from ichthyic scales and glistening with radiant iridescence, this half mask moulds perfectly to the narrow features of She Who is Lady of the Lagoon. A watery bloom of turquoise dominates much of its shapely form, enhanced by highlights of auric thread that trail motes of glittering essence in its wake. Just above the temples, two pale horns spiral into small offshoots ending in spine-sharp points, where lush seaweed tangles and drapes with eternal dampness. Gossamer fins frame Her eyes at their edges and fan back, translucent surfaces sparkling when caught in the light, perpetually drifting aloft as though captured by a current all their own.

You look at sanguine robes of woven fireweed blossoms that Li-varili is wearing:
    Wild fireweed blossoms have been woven amidst long fronds of flowing yellow seaweed to form these slinky, sanguine robes. The prickly flowers bloom at the shoulders, almost like an urchin's spines as they form a spiky, somewhat threatening exterior. A steep plunge in the neckline is mirrored by a generous slit in the robes themselves, allowing for a curtain of seaweed and petals to flow behind the Goddess in an entrancing red train of undersea blossoms. Twining about the waist, a belt of cattail reeds keeps the robes in place. An intoxicating fragrance wafts from this floral garment, bewitching in its dizzying fragrance.

You look at an eye of the lagoon necklace that Li-varili is wearing:
    A simple rope necklace woven of three silver threads hangs around the neck, its entire purpose to hold the impressive pendant hanging from it. The pendant itself is the size of a human fist. The outer rim of the pendant is crafted from tempered wood, hardened and carved to resemble a brown outcropping of rocks surrounding a lagoon. In the centre of the wooden shell, a giant blue sapphire rests, its outer edges a bright blue, growing a deeper, richer, darker shade as they reach the heart of the gem.

Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST