SPARWHO

CaerlyrCaerlyr Member Posts: 282 Capable
This game feature simply never gets used. Let's start using it.

Type SPARWHO now.

Comments

  • SsalissSsaliss Member Posts: 3,575 Transcendent
    One guess as to why it's never used: It shows people cross-plane. I'm in an aethership that's docked at a nexus world, and I still saw you on sparwho.
    image
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess Member Posts: 1,374 Transcendent
    On this subject I'd like to see an improvement on the ranking system. I've never bothered participating in the combat rankings because simply in the past it was all about just refusing to fight anyone when you got rank 1 or were a higher rank and afraid of losing. Many people who have the combat rankings honor didn't actually do anything to deserve it...
  • CaerlyrCaerlyr Member Posts: 282 Capable
    Yeah, this is not the first time I have heard this being said, on both counts.

  • RialormRialorm Member Posts: 1,055 Transcendent
    Ssaliss said:
    One guess as to why it's never used: It shows people cross-plane. I'm in an aethership that's docked at a nexus world, and I still saw you on sparwho.
    This should really be brought in line with the rest of the WHO commands then. 
    image
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess Member Posts: 1,374 Transcendent
    Not really, it's to show your availability to spar. You can shut this off the moment you turn it on, so you are not 'revealing yourself' at all. 'SPAROFF' turns it off.
  • CaerlyrCaerlyr Member Posts: 282 Capable
    Rialorm said:
    This should really be brought in line with the rest of the WHO commands then. 
    I went ahead and bugged this a few hours. Hopefully it can be considered such because this really is a problem.
  • SsalissSsaliss Member Posts: 3,575 Transcendent
    Munsia said:
    Not really, it's to show your availability to spar. You can shut this off the moment you turn it on, so you are not 'revealing yourself' at all. 'SPAROFF' turns it off.
    In an age where everyone and their Loboshigaru have cloaking gems, I'm guessing many people opt out just because it reveals them. Especially since it's relatively easy to forget to SPAROFF.
    image
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess Member Posts: 1,374 Transcendent
    Ssaliss said:
    Munsia said:
    Not really, it's to show your availability to spar. You can shut this off the moment you turn it on, so you are not 'revealing yourself' at all. 'SPAROFF' turns it off.
    In an age where everyone and their Loboshigaru have cloaking gems, I'm guessing many people opt out just because it reveals them. Especially since it's relatively easy to forget to SPAROFF.
    SPARWHO is no different than queuing for a wargame or ffa. If you don't wanna be in the queue, turn it off.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spotMember Posts: 4,770 Transcendent
    Yeah, just don't flag yourself as looking for a fight if you're trying to hide.  :)
    I used to make cakes.

    Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • AcruneAcrune Member Posts: 188 Adept
    edited December 2013
    Caerlyr said:
    Rialorm said:
    This should really be brought in line with the rest of the WHO commands then. 
    I went ahead and bugged this a few hours. Hopefully it can be considered such because this really is a problem.
    I'm with Munsia, it would make no sense to change the spar list to only show people who would on WHO. If you want to spar, turn it on. If you want to be left alone, or you're up to no good, turn it off. Recall previous complaints about how it looks like no one is ever around, because everyone is off plane and no one shows up on WHO, CWHO, GWHO, etc. What good would adding this problem to SPARWHO be?

    I think no one uses the spar list because... no one uses the spar list :P Why bother turning it on when you're the only one on there every time you do? Make the combat rankings less gamable (maybe add a small reward once the system is more reasonable?), and continue being vocal about the availability of the feature, and hopefully once a decent handful of people start using it regularly, the effects will snowball?

    Edit: Fixed typo
    Post edited by Acrune on
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals Member Posts: 2,223 Transcendent
    Maybe your points should partially decay for every IC month you don't spar, to no lower than 100. Also, if you are above a given point, decay will still occur unless you spar someone with 100+ points. Good, bad, pointless? It's hard not to leave these things gameable.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess Member Posts: 1,374 Transcendent
    Well we may have to introduce tiers at this point....like a Demi could refuse to spar anyone not a newbie, you see what I'm saying?
  • ThorosThoros Member Posts: 68 Adept
    I think this sparwho feature should be at least mentioned somewhere at the end of the newbie intro. That's why nobody knows about it. It's never been told to anyone, and if it's never told to anyone, how will anyone ever know? It should be mentioned at the end of the intro somewhere along the lines of like, if they ever want to begin to learn the arts of combat, many adventurers may be found on SPARWHO and stuff.
  • AerysAerys Member Posts: 40 Adept
    I would like to take this moment to necromance this thread. I'd like to see more SPARWHO activity, even without combat ranking inclusion. I took a couple times to mention it on CT, and look! I even got a couple people to try it out! So, I think word just needs spreading. And to the remark about not bothering to use it when you're the only one who does, I say again to spread the word. Get more people involved.
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "The Challenge of Life has ended!"
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Aerys stands as the Champion of Life!"
Sign In or Register to comment.