Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    /plaugh
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Siam said:
     Charisma     : 13 

8-X
    We shall say that your personality is... wooden. Yeeeeah!

As for "made to help glomdoring more", it's completely understandable that vadi would know how to tinker with glom skills more than others, as he's in glom. It took the longest time to get Stag defenses added because NOBODY GAVE THEM TO HIM.

Intentional tweaking against his enemies? Of course not. Helpful tweaking for his allies? Why wouldn't he?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    As for "made to help glomdoring more", it's completely understandable that vadi would know how to tinker with glom skills more than others, as he's in glom. It took the longest time to get Stag defenses added because NOBODY GAVE THEM TO HIM. Intentional tweaking against his enemies? Of course not. Helpful tweaking for his allies? Why wouldn't he?
    In my experience with Vadi, both here and more specifically Achaea, he has always shown a consistent neutral stance when it comes to his systems. Vadi is a professional, a business man. He supplies the product and makes sure it isnt faulty and always has new updates to the 'brand'. He would never risk making an obvious fault in his system. If one side 'seems' to be more advanced, it is only because he probably had more freedom in testing with it, however, once again taking achaea's case, his system was strongly balanced for utility for both sides of the coin.
    Exactly
  • Siam said:
    -woods should get the BONSAI skill. Sacrifices Size for Charisma. PLEASE.
    Id turn on a leaf for that (see what I did there?!?)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tree puns are old, you guys need to...

*Puts on shades*

... branch out.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited July 2014
    Living with  the constant winds of glomdoring summarized :

Cant even perch right!
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I will sacrifice my firstborn to the administrator who approves my custom shout submission in the next two hours (before the ascension ritual starts).

Thought I'd sent it through with enough time, I will be super sad if I can't use it! :(
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I think if there's a couple things I hate more than people, it has to be;

Anytime glomdoring has an event of any sort in their city

and

Anytime Mysrai shows up. 
    learn2shoutsoff

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    You could always trying not to crying about everything you don't like. Learn to internalize. 
    You'd be surprised how much I internalize...want a list? I don't think you have time for it, though. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Then don't mention it ;)
  • Nothing says loyalty and procedure than to fall asleep at your keyboard while waiting for a city-wide event that requires your part in it.

I couldnt help it, it was 3 am and my eyes kept drooping.
    8-}
    edited July 2014
    Woke up this morning with my sickness and stared at the ceiling for a long time and said to myself 'Did we really pay 5 million for indentured servitude yesterday?' 
    edited July 2014
    Man guys, even when I raid solo and stick around to fight you bitch out with a multi org gank. Can we give PK a little room to breathe, please?  [-(

This is why I stopped being so active. People are terrified of actual pk. It's so boring.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Legit question here. What is it exactly you expect to happen when you solo raid?
    edited July 2014
    The org defends itself? I stuck around for a 2v1. I chastise Gloms that immediately scream over Crux because it's just not a healthy direction for the game to so afraid of pk and crush conflict with zergs. 

The other option is only raid or instigate conflict when no one is around to defend or with a giant zerg ball of my own, but that's not exactly fun for anyone. 

Perhaps I am simply really old and miss the days when pk wasn't about zerging everything all the time. 

edit: to expand...

You cannot really raid Seren without Celest, and occasionally Hallifax (aka Elanorwen) if the numbers are skewed heavily enough where it's no risk for her. Usually you get liveforest too.

You cannot really raid Celest with Seren (and same Hallifax rule) and distort. 

I know my side is guilty of doing it too sometimes, but at some point the game decided to announce everything over alliance clans and most people, including the people who act as if they display an interest in pk, adopted the idea of "PK" being just mass zerging whoever and going back to afk influencing. 

It used to not be this way, and it's bad for the game. It's really bad for the game that is increasingly less involved with conflict every year. We have a very small fraction of the PKers we had at one point, and it's sad. I wish more people were interested in getting better and participating in this wonderful system that was created than just zerg facerolling. Maybe I'm a dying breed.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    No one knows when a solo raid is really just that. There have been plenty of times when a solo attacker goes in, gets defenders to come up, and then the zerg comes to obliterate the defenders--the solo is just bait. It's far safer to simply get as many defenders as possible just in case there are many more attackers in the wings ready to pounce.

Also, we're trying to teach people that when a raid happens, the best thing to do is come to defend. We're trying to set an example.

If the game had unwritten rules that once an attack was rebuffed, the raid was over, it might be different. Such rules have never existed. A raid will continue indefinitely unless you force it to stop, and the only way to do that is to overwhelm the raiders with numbers and make it so that they cannot return at all without getting killed.

I am also still convinced that power/feature creep has a lot to do with this. A non-demi / non-VA simply cannot expect to survive a raid unless there are 6-7 of them fighting against the one demi. So again, we have to group up with overwhelming numbers to survive.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited July 2014
    As far back as I can remember, Glom has always been about the zerg...Glom invented the zerg
    Holy crap, allies defend each other?

In other news, the Plane of Water is wet.
    Shaddus said:
    Holy crap, allies defend each other?

In other news, the Plane of Water is wet.
    Precisely the shift in attitude that has made interesting conflict so rare. It should not be all about who can muster the most allies. There, in my opinion, should be a degree of wanting to participate and enjoy the conflict aspect of the game part of which comes from some degree of risk. The risk and the challenge, as far as I'm concerned, is what make pk interesting in any game (obviously you have the "i want to faceroll" group, but those are usually a infrequent minority). I genuinely don't understand why people amass skills, systems, and artifacts and invest time and money if the risk/reward challenge of conflict isn't interesting to them. Seems like a massive waste.

What Evirinne isn't exactly wrong for the most part, but it's pretty easy to tell when a solo raid  is a solo raid. But I'm not even talking about conscious decisions to zerg, its simply the mindset of the game to default to the zerg. If I had to guess it can be boiled down to orgs relying on allies and allied clans more than themselves (and announce triggers that reflect this) and the fact that conflict is so hard to come by these days that people jump on it every opportunity they get. So it creates a cycle of crushing conflict out of eagerness to participate because you don't see it often...because it's crushed. There's also a splash of a very visible movement of people just not wanting to participate because blah blah is OP, I died, qq, whatever. 

Munsia is talking out of her butt again, no idea what she's carrying on about.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Okay, straight up, if I see another post whining about your PK woes I might flip my shit. Literally no one is obligated to give you your desired PK experience and go at you -- an extremely competent PKer -- one or two at a time. No one cares about the health of the game, @Celina. GTBG and NMBG should be changed to "Glory be to Winning" and "Nothing Matters but Winning" -- that goes for everywhere, honestly. That's just the dynamic now. Deal with it.

Seriously though, my ire ran out while I was writing this, and I agree with you. I've become jaded with PvP too, in that it just isn't worth it. Right now I wouldn't even think about stepping into Nil, EtherGlom, and Vortex without a raiding party of at least ten or so. And there just aren't that many people in the game (at least, northside) that are willing to do that.

We've already had like two threads over what the problems are in Lusternia combat.

We've already identified what needs changing. But ooh, shiny aethergoop, ahh, sparkle, dazzle. Our attention spans leave much to be desired.

This is just how it is. Can't complain about skills in Paradigmatics/Transmology/Necromancy without being told "lol what a little bitch, stop whining, get better". Can't even get a good discussion or an appeal to change it because LOL ENVOYS ARE DISABLED, GOOD LUCK.

"Complain for change", feh. If we could envoy it, we would sure as fuck try. Then someone impartial(?) could make the decision if it is OP or not, and we could have a discussion that's not futile/over the forums/backed up with evidence.

So, what can we even do? We've asked for updates on the Overhaul recently, but have gotten nothing. I guess it's just sit on your ass (spend money while you're at it pls) and hope for the best time.

[/bitter and sleep deprived]

This discussion has been closed.