Ad Descriptions

EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
edited January 2013 in Q&A
At present, I'm pulling my hair out trying to get an ad to look 'decent'. Given that the descriptions aren't set using the editor, it's sort of a pain. I have the basic theory down for formatting lines and getting things to align properly, but the one thing that's baffling me is the inability to insert a linebreak:

Example:

refills in the basin!
   +--------------------+--------------------+--------------------+

As you can see, Ssaliss was somehow able to jump right from his paragraph to a slew of beautiful formatting. All attempts so far have left me unable to do the same, which makes me very sad. At the risk of bothering Ssaliss and looking like a chump, I present myself to the forums as a whole. Any ideas? :(
Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."

Best Answers

Answers

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2013
    Hmmmmm. I tried something similar to that, but it just smooshed it all together into a block of multiple lines. Maybe the spaces were the issue, time to test!

I know that's how the chart itself is done, but for some reason I couldn't get a similar effect from the words-to-embellishment bit.

Edit: Xenthos-ninja speaks much wisdom, time to give it another go.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Final verdict: So long as the line you're trying to force doesn't have any spaces in it, seems to work.

Really, this is a pain. Should just allow use of the editor!

-

• edited January 2013
    Just FYI, this is how my ad is made:

ad 28 describe Cheap refills in the Wyrden Blessings in the northeastern corner of the market section in Glomdoring, in the Jade tower in Hallifax and in the western market district of Celest in addition to the aethershop Wyrden. Likely among the cheapest refills in the basin! +--------------------+--------------------+--------------------+ | . . . Allheale 390 | . . . Antidote 140 | . . . .Bromide 130 | | . . . Choleric 100 | . Dragonsblood 150 | . . . . . Fire 100 | | . . . . .Frost 170 | . . .Galvanism 180 | . . . .Healing 120 | | . Invisibility 150 | . . . .Jasmine 150 | . . . Liniment 110 | | . . . . . Love 170 | . . . . . Mana 120 | . .Melancholic 100 | | . . . .Mending 180 | . . . . . Musk 150 | . . Phlegmatic 100 | | . Preservation 150 | . .Quicksilver 120 | . Regeneration 240 | | . . Sandalwood 150 | . . . Sanguine 100 | . . .Sharpness 150 | | . . . .Vanilla 150 | . . . . .Vitae 830 | . . . All teas 100 | +--------------------+--------------------+--------------------+

The +---+ lines are the exact length of the wrapping, as are the | . . | lines.

EDIT: Oh, and the space cutting is also done serverside as soon as the lines are long enough to wrap. So for ads, there is no point in padding with spaces.
    Finally got it down, after a lot of wrestling and wanting to destroy the world in its entirety.

._.

-