Blackout Immunity

edited January 2013 in Q&A
Was there such a thing before?

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks. I noticed it lasts ~8 secs from the blackout hit, but I've only been testing from dominator mobs, not sure if it's the same for PvP abilities. This makes me very happy.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    It's meant to be 50% the length of the full blackout.
  • What? If it's meant to be half the length of the blackout, what use is it? By the time the blackout is gone, the immunity would have been long gone, so you're preventing people from hitting you with blackout while you are blacked out, which... does nothing anyway, except maybe lengthen the blackout timer if the subsequent hits last longer... except if they do it in the later half of the blackout it'll still go through.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I think it's on the assumption you cure blackout and your herb balance is back before they can reapply it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only curative that cures blackout is allheale. The only other things that cure blackout will be class based abilities or stuff like green. If it's working on the assumption that the blackout is cured, then it's a very poor assumption indeed.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Sorry, I meant including the length of the blackout.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lerad said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only curative that cures blackout is allheale. The only other things that cure blackout will be class based abilities or stuff like green. If it's working on the assumption that the blackout is cured, then it's a very poor assumption indeed.
    I stand corrected, I confused it with blindness and was thinking faeleaf.

Still you could probably get allheale balance back before someone can reapply blackout.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Ah, so it's meant to last 50% of the blackout time, starting from after the blackout wears off. I see, that makes more sense. Related question: Does that apply from when the blackout is cured early, or does it take the entire would-be blackout time into consideration?

Sidenote: Allheale balance is on a 20sec timer, so most blackout capable classes, except maybe warriors, can usually hit you with it once or twice more before you get allheale balance back. Using allheale to cure blackout in the first place isn't very reliable anyway, since it's likely to cure something else, so allheale's balance time is more or less a moot point.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2013
    It counts from when the blackout is cured, for 50% of the time the blackout actually lasted.
  • It's like stun immunity, but if stun were somehow kinda curable.

If you want to blackout like a champ just dominate your target to sip allheale right before you black them out.